Bachelors in CS

>bachelors in CS
>been applying to graduate jobs since last september
>failed all the online coding tests and whiteboard interviews even after practising
Is doing a Masters degree my only option now Jow Forums? Finding out my value in the job market is worthless

Attached: 92F59C12-8D5B-4B43-B0AF-DD56C12A0FB9.jpg (490x287, 24K)

I'm going to off myself, good luck, OP

Today's bachelors is last generations high school, user

>failed all the online coding tests and whiteboard interviews even after practising

Give example question

There are hundreds of questions on hackerrank and leetcode. I couldn’t understand them even after trying to practice them. Convinced im just low IQ desu

Easy/mediums/hards which ones can you do, on leetcode?

>undergraduate in CS
>apply to 3 jobs, get 3 interviews
>nail first interview, get job offer few days after
>didn't attend a single lecture this year and still graduated
must be a burger problem, there's tons of jobs for CS grads in eurostan

exactly the same here in eastern europoorland
I even got invited to an interview just by having my resume set to public on a job search website I signed up to a week ago lol

What do they pay on average over there though, over in burgerland entry level is 90-100k in most major cities plus benefits, stock options, etc.

What's it like working tech in those countries? Better or worse than the west overall?

>entry level is 90-100k
Sure it is kid......

I'm in that range

Software Engineer I in Rhode island, 23 years old

>be me
>undergrad in CS
>get a job in eastern eu
>be exited about the life cuz independant and shit
>get first pay check
>go back to moms basement and cry
Bad or badder.

It's funny that you think I'm wrong, feel free to look at indeed, glassdoor, etc..

So in other words Europoors are just keeping in tune with their name, good to know.

Good. We don't need low IQ people writing code.

Better. Mostly fucking around, 1h breaks.
I work as EE in telecommunications company, efectively work half of time, send memes with colleagues, listen to music and playing mini basketball in office with my boss.
It's literally heaven, but pay is lower than in wagecuckistan called america. But you guys have to work.
Also 3 times a week someone goes home early because of reasons like "my couch arrived" "i have a headache" and such shit.
I went home at 14:00 with reason "im full of this shit" and nobody gave a single fuck.

I don't know what an indeed is, but show me an ENTRY LEVEL position that pays over $90k.
Kids fresh out of college don't know anything, they have to be educated by the company and no sane company would pay them 90k on top of having to pay a senior engineer to hold their hand.

>we

>filename

Attached: KEK.png (1680x1208, 131K)

Fuck this mentality. I always used to think this shit, that I'm a low IQ fucktard. All it does it torture you and depress the fuck out of you and you don't get shit done. The greats thought they were shit the whole time and were constantly lost and confused, they doubted themselves and still pushed though because they were passionate. You are in a time where you have the time and energy to practice. Fuck off with this mindset where you think that the universe is against you. You have not been rolled an unfair hand, you just need more practice. You will find a fucking job because you will be better

If this is bait good job, if not I'm sorry about your loss. Consider reading over some books on development, logic, and problem solving then I assume you will have some better footing.

And no I don't have any specific books in mind, sorry.

>entry level = average

What zoomers ACTUALITY believe.

>hurrr why can't I find a 100k job with my 2 years of browsing Facebook in class RREEEEEEEE

>cherry picking
Why do people do this? I live in Florida and the base pay for SE is ~$50k/yr

Well I guess it's up to preference then, I'd rather work a ton and earn a ton instead of the inverse.

How do you get a job if you're depressed and have no self-esteem?
Just the idea of showing up to an interview seems intimidating

Attached: 1560624443625.jpg (400x386, 37K)

Cherry picking? I live/work here it was just an example.

>Colorado 103k
>DC 100k
>California 103k

The national average is 100k, you just happen to live in a low paying area, if anyone is cherry picking it's you.

Just go, you will feel even worse afterwards, but the experience will make you stronger.

Apply at smaller companies.
You'll get interviewed by the team leaders who are generally mates, not by some HR girl who doesn't know what she's talking about.

How do you apply to smaller companies when most of them don’t even have websites or advertised vacancies?

This is how it is.

Attached: 1560891058625.jpg (1000x1000, 174K)

every software firm regardless of size should have a website

>I don't know what an indeed is
bruv

Attached: World-Injustice.jpg (1146x660, 141K)

Pay is very, very low compared to the US. A top firm in London (think Jane Street level) pays only 90k for software engineering roles. I think its 100k this year as they are trying to attract more people.

Or you know, you could just be anything other than a white male.

Bullshit, I'm black

Pay is high in burgerland because all the tech jobs are in areas with stupid high living costs

what's the cost of living there? if i was getting that salary here in Ireland i'd be able to buy a house within a few years

Can someone explain CS to me. I have it as a major now yet I don't know what path to take in it

the shortest path

consider starting your own business (make a website, app or just fix other people's computers). That will give you experience and therefore job opportunities will come to you.

Bahahaha, Microsoft and Google pay 200k USD for these new grads that know nothing because they autistically practiced leetcode for a few months. Get with the times, Gramps.

I never struggled to find a job, because I worked as a developer for a rather small company during college. If you missed to get some actual work experience during that time than good luck.

D* here I come.

How do you find a job

If school didn't teach you to program effectively the first time, more school isn't going to fix that.

Go to local tech meet ups (even if youre in the middle of nowhere, you can find a Linux user group holed up somewhere.) Talk to real industry professionals and ask them what you can do. Get some mentoring that way.

If you really want to improve, fix bugs on open source projects. Start by checking out the docs of interesting open source projects, working through their getting started guides and fixing places where their guide is inevitably wrong or outdated.

Attached: decker_adept.png (760x378, 29K)

Practice you dipshit, quit being lazy and bitching to Jow Forums about how you don't have enough willpower to accomplish your goals.

I don’t think getting a masters will make you non-retarded, the interview is the easy part, getting in to the interview is the hard part

>catched up with friend living in the US few days ago
>talking about jobs
>be german mech. eng. with 4years of experience in automotive dev
>make 60k€, pretty okay around here
>he is in his company for 2.5years, making nearly $160k
I sometimes think about going abroad

Attached: 1543237851730.jpg (473x591, 37K)

>>failed all the online coding tests and whiteboard interviews even after practising

You're going to have some trouble being accepted for a Masters programme...

What? Wasn't that post supposed to be supportive? Did you maybe read it wrong?

I've just literally tortured myself with life stuff until it started to not feel so much like torture. It's just "daily life", to everybody but me. I need to get used to it.

I just kept thinking of the "every day until you like it" thing from /a/.

nah £55k isn't entry level in london, entry level would be like £24k

i have a high tested IQ and don't do well with coding tests or math classes.

This is a clever response, can I use it?

OP did you pay attention in data structures and algorithms??? How can you be this ignorant after 4 years of study????

Of course he didn’t. OP is like the hoardes of shit tier pajeets who graduates without putting insane side time into learning, projects, improving his logic / coding abilities, etc and is thus unemployable

Yeah wtf I studied econ and I had no real trouble solving medium questions on leetcode after watching the Stanford date structures and algo course while reading CLRS. Don't know what the fuck OP has been doing this whole time. Jerking off?

Masters are a joke. They dont even bother asking you about it half the time. Just get better at white boarding and talking

You do not have a high IQ

getting a master's isn't going to teach you how to code, do some projects.

I'm dumb and I don't think I can ever pass an interview anyway

Am in another field (law), found out the same.
I even did a fucking PhD to try and increase my hireability and nobody wants me despite that.

then the two psychologists that tested me should be fired

Psychology is mostly bullshit any way, it's not a real science.

no, soft.eng interviews are 100% luck based, in terms of the questions you get. a company might ask you to prove the universe is infinite without using numbers, and another might just ask you to count the number of pairs between to sets. lots of the answers to these follow similar patterns, so learn a few in "cracking the coding interview" and hope for the best.

personally if a company asks me a stupidly esoteric question with no relation to the job and expects me to solve it in 30 minutes with an O(1) solution, i never think the job is worth it. you're there to work and they should not be wasting your time with bullshit like that. fuck them.

Attached: 51l5XzLln+L._SX348_BO1,204,203,200_[1].jpg (350x499, 31K)

It seems like an American thing to do these little puzzles and problem challenges. In Europe they just care if you can get shit done.

I'm making 108k straight out of college. Not even counting bonuses or stocks.

> based and djikstrapilled

You shouldn't need to read anything prior to an interview for a basic whiteboard interview, if you do you simply aren't ready to work in the field and need to pick up some books.

>You shouldn't need to read anything prior to an interview for a basic whiteboard interview
What do you define as a whiteboard interview?
This book is ideal for OP i.e. grads as it covers general interview questions (e.g. check a string for duplicate characters).

It is essential for any general soft.dev interview imo.

How I see it if you do a 3 year program, you come out and prove no usefulness then doing more school is going to do nothing more.

I felt that after doing a 2 year IT program. Later did I realize that my practical skill was garbage after graduating but my conceptual understanding was pretty great and I learned from a senior incredibly fast.
Experience will shape you into the person that can crush those tests but you'll need to keep working on someone willing to give you a shot.

>You shouldn't need to read anything
>if you do, you need to pick up some books

This might be the stupidest post I've ever seen on Jow Forums.

I'm entering my senior year and I fear being in the same exact position. I feel like I have no knowledge. I know the theory behind various automata and formal language, how to use a few ADTs in Java (forgot all my C++), and some math shit I feel like I won't actually use. Right now sitting at a mediocre 3.25 gpa.

I landed an internship this summer at what I thought was a development position but they shuffled me into IT help desk shit where I have nothing to do all day but fuck around on hackerrank, so at least there's that.