Technology field based pay grades by country

Imagine going to school for 4 years for a technology based science field and earning 40k USD a year, working in the same field for 5 years to get a better job and then the tax man comes to take 40% bringing you right back down to your post-tax 5 years prior.

How can you ever justify this?

Attached: UKfagswilldefend.png (858x1210, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Cost-of-living/Local-purchasing-power
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>How can you ever justify this
housing in europe isn't 150k+ a year and healthcare is free

Are mutts this stupid that they can't understand relative purchasing power

Imagine coping this hard.
>nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Cost-of-living/Local-purchasing-power

I'm in the UK and Computer science courses and degrees are simply no where near as good, also few start ups compared to US

Believe it or not the startup culture is a meme, there really isn't that many here either. Why is the degree worse in the UK?

UK is a totalitarian shithole and you should run while you can

I would but unfortunately the USA only accepts black refugees.

Muttland is just as dead for tech as Europe. Anyone that actually knows what the fuck they are doing are leaving for south east Asia. And if you think that salaries of 100k$+ for webdev and other shit is sustainable when the rest of the world pays a fourth of that I don't know if anyone can help you.

The bubble will pop soon, and pajeets will take the jobs

Attached: 1484037300985.gif (646x466, 494K)

>Software engineering is the same as webdev

Attached: 0164 - 5Nut6Ub.png (1000x1000, 60K)

Software engineer isn't even a real job in most of Europe because their definition of an engineer isn't dogshit retarded. And yes software engineer is nothing more but code monkeying you imbecile just with a fancy job title so snowflakes get to feel special.

They both involve typing code into a computer user. The pay is different for harder languages but for the sake of salary comparison it's valid. Same as comparing welder and electrician in construction

As a britbong this irks me.

Do we think salaries will rise in the North West as Manchester's tech scene grows, and as more startups pop up there?

I want the comfy TC that burgers get, or at least for the gap to close a bit

I've just read that back. Shameful Reddit spacing, I'm sorry. Questions still stand though

>Do we think salaries will rise in the North West as Manchester's tech scene grows, and as more startups pop up there?
Seeing how Brexit is going I'd leave the country for Zurich as long as you still can.

e*rope is a shithole, big news

But if we get no deal, they won't be able to fill the SE jobs with cheap foreign labour, so salaries will remain strong. For all Brexit's downsides, in this respect that's not one of them. What do you see about Brexit that's bad for UK devs?

cope hamburgers

Attached: 1558296151559.jpg (820x822, 195K)

I don't want to be a dick but your entire premise depends on that the UK remains a service industry and with a no deal, that by now is basically inevitable with the current prime candidates, those industries will simply put crash hard and salaries will suffer.
The UK depends on international trade, especially it's service industry that is a giant part of the entire economy, and losing it's biggest trade partner isn't gonna make salaries jump up in any industry.
The banking sector has already moved over £900bn in assets over to central European markets.
I know this is Jow Forums and not politics but the both the EU and GB will suffer it's just that GB is gonna suffer much more under it than the EU that still has the European market without any regulations or uncertainties.

Hmm. You could be right about my premise. For context by the way I voted remain.

So when you put it like that I can see why salaries across the nation may remain fairly stagnant in the wake of Brexit, but it still doesn't quite explain the size of the gap between the average UK and US software engineer salary. What's our thoughts? Does America just treat it as a meme job that most companies don't understand so they just throw money at it?

It's mostly just the competition of silicon valley and similar places. Take a bunch of companies that need senior devs but only very little competent personnel and salaries will of course rise sharply. Especially when those companies have millions in VC or are already giant corporations with more money than anyone else, e.g. Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Apple.
On the other hand around where I live you have quite a few competent people but the companies don't value us very much so wages are relatively low and people leave for the US and SEA keeping wages over there high.

>healthcare is free
how are people so easily tricked into thinking that something paid for by taxes is "free"? if you're a white collar earner you pay more than your share into taxes, it's the opposite of free it's more expensive to you than it costs
american tech companies pay for health insurance btw.

I hate these sites, they have Software Engineer, Software Developer, Senior Software Developer, Web Developer all as separate roles, when they're all basically interchangeable depending on the company.

Making it easier to compare for the median salaries by converting it to USD:
US: 83,681.00
UK: 44,870.78
AU: 52,864.84
CA: 54,110.95
NZ: 45,324.74
HK: 42,625.94
DE: 59,163.71

Looking like the UK is falling short, surprisingly so. I thought London as a services hub had quite a lot of well paying developer roles

I lived in london for a few years, the pay is actually really bad. there's a lot of jobs but none pay especially well except for really high powered shit like in high level finance or executives. it's also an expensive place to live with shit air and all around it's filled with misery. I'm glad I got out. great place to visit, horrible place to live.

Yeah and on your way to work you have a 1 in 2 chance to be stabbed to death by some rapefugee.

murder and violence isn't that bad actually despite what you may hear on the internet. it's scary to read about but it's mostly gangs fucking up other gangs the same way it is in the USA. you're not likely at all to get hurt. the real problem is petty crime and property crime. I got mugged and I knew a lot of people who got mugged. and I stopped somebody breaking into my flat twice in the same night. my girlfriend got mugged twice. and all of those times the police did fuck all. I've seen people get robbed and smash and grab in stores and shit like that.

Yeah see the difference? I haven't been mugged nor do I know anyone who has and I work in Seattle which is known in the area to have a pretty bad violent homeless problem (they literally have free needles, open encampments, no persecution for doing drugs, etc)

seattle is even worse for property crime than london bruv. it's higher than san francisco and almost as high as oakland.

I worked there in the finance sector for a few years so I guess my view is distorted.
As much as I liked working in the City, the rest of London can go fuck itself and I'm also glad I left.

Not to mention entire streets in the east with storefronts only in arabic.

>in the east
also edgeware road, which I used to live near when I was living in marylebone

Leftists love heavy taxes to buy votes with.

Also the ultra wealthy that leftists pretend to be targeting will evade taxes no matter what because they have unlimited power and mobility, they have all the resources to move funds into tax havens and secret bank accounts and are impossible to actually hold down. The people who end up paying taxes are the middle class and upper middle class. Huge globalist corporations also never actually pay taxes but smaller businesses do.