Why does Jow Forums hate popular things, and yet they still use them secretly

why does Jow Forums hate popular things, and yet they still use them secretly

Attached: 1539250289554.jpg (796x417, 20K)

Because all of us have that 1 friend who is a retard.

It is also a good way to hide power level

Because Discord lets me stay in contact of my transgender friends that are helping me go through my transition. I just ordered programming socks.

This all the way.
>doing perfectly fine using TS3
>every room has its text channel and only people sitting with you atm know whats there
>no dumb overlays messing with any fullscreen app
>this one dumb fuck is not pleased because he cannot post memuz here

>I just ordered programming socks.
Wrap them around your neck and hang yourself.

ITT: cope
all you faggots are closeted normaltrannies who are too dumb to connect to an IRC channel

Imagine how great life would be if everyone only had one app for social media.

All IRC channels are dead these days though, just lurkers

>>this one dumb fuck is not pleased because he cannot post memuz here

This.

Attached: tenor.png (400x388, 137K)

The sad truth

this is how we know you're a discordtranny. it's IRC culture to idle, just highlight someone you attention whore.

Friends refuse to change

i got permabanned from discord because a tranny reported me for making jokes

Attached: 088.jpg (500x375, 25K)

Kinda weird but I was thinking about posting something similar today.

Actually ordering programming socks.
Just cranged.

TS3 is trash

I've gotten to the point where discord is one of the few botnet applications I use. I hate to admit it but when I tried to convert my friends over to Riot they bitched and moaned about not having screenshare in private messages and turned tail immediately. Unless I wanna stop hanging out with these people I've got no choice.

doesn't seem like they're worth hanging out with anyway

>let me tell you what you should think and do
you're no better than google or twitter

No secret really. Unfortunately all gaming oriented communities have completely migrated to shitcord.

We need an alternative to Discord.

what features would you want from a VoIP / text chat app? I was thinking something like

test

- messages sent the the server are tagged with their individual recipient, they are encrypted end-to-end.
- messages sent to multiple people are tagged with a "group" tag. the server sees who the members of this group are, and distributes the message, encrypted by a key distributed end-to-end between members of the group as users are added to the group. groups would therefore be defined server-side, otherwise messages would be sent as multiple seperate messages to individual, with the same content
- messages can also be tagged with a channel name, the server can reject the message if the user does not have access to it
- channels which are associated with voice channels, that only server operators/those in the channel can see

voice

- ability to be in several voice chats at the same time, and have different keys bound to talking in each chat, like I think mumble does (though I haven't used it so I'm not sure)
- ability to mute all people in a voice chat while you talk with a certain key, granted by an operator, for making an important announcement over many people talking, or whatever

misc

- image hosting / imgur integration (though this could be client side, automatically uploading an image to imgur, then automatically embedding the imgur link when read)

what other features would be useful? what do you wish apps you have used in the past had?

and i hope they left you on your own you aging heap of gayshit

No idea what you meant by this post. Try again when your IQ has improved to triple digits.

perhaps a theme customization feature would be complimentary. Like, the ability to change the color and size of certain interface elements. It would certainly make for some competition with discord and riot, as that's a feature neither of them have.

I'd like for it to not have shit quality audio that randomly fucks up so you have keep changing servers. I'd like for the UI not to be designed mobile first in mind where the desktop UI is completely fucking unusable in small window. I'd like for the client to not have a massive fucking memory leak and shit up my CPU when playing video games. I'd like for all the info to not go to chinks at Tencent. I'd like sound file embedding to not break the chat.

The only thing I like about Discord is image embed when someone dumps a lot of images at the same time, other than that it's really whatever.

*tips fedora*

>perhaps a theme customization feature would be complimentary
yeah, client/GUI design isn't my strong suit
I do like the customisability of IRC clients and so on, so I agree with that design philosophy. I was more considering the network behind the clients, what I referred to as "tags" won't be directly displayed to the user in each message, for example.
but I guess if people were to actually use this it would need some pre-configured GUI which is still adjustable, but also justwerks, maybe like hexchat on winshit. if I did do this it would be foss, obviously. I suppose at that point, it's all about not using magic numbers and making everything editable from a .cfg or other config file, so its less involved to do compared to recompiling it or whatever shit

>I'd like for it to not have shit quality audio that randomly fucks up so you have keep changing servers
yes, audio quality on a lot of these apps sucks, even when you have to host the server yourself.
>desktop UI is completely fucking unusable in small window
I agree, they seem to have forgotten some people don't like to use a chat app in full screen
> I'd like for all the info to not go to chinks at Tencent
no problem, everything would be as end-to-end encrypted as possible, can't vouch for what the server collects about IPs since that's server side. maybe a few official servers sprinkled around and a list of safe ones.
>UI not to be designed mobile first in mind
I would rather die than make an electron application
>The only thing I like about Discord is image embed when someone dumps a lot of images at the same time
I don't understand this, what are you referring to?

This. My entire friend circle still is on our self hosted TS3. We got our own little self hosted ecosystem running but there is that one cunt that just NEEDS discord for some reason. So I have it to stay in touch, but really I consider just deleting it and letting him go.

>I don't understand this, what are you referring to?
IRC doesn't have embed and sometimes people dump a lot of images at the same time, clicking them is a pain so having them just be there in the chat client is convenient.

ah, I thought of something else
a lot of people are opposed to extremely long term chatlogs, so maybe only storing things for, say, a week? this depends on the server though, I guess this would be hard to enforce, but maybe a good policy for official servers

ah I see, I thought you meant something special that happened when many images were posted together

only one thing left to do, acquire the necessary skills to actually make this shit
anyone have any good name ideas?

>ctrl-f "contrarian" - 0 results

Yeah, it's that.

I kinda thought the tranny meme was just that because i only use discord for friends but holy absolute fucking shit there are so many mentally ill genuinely autistic people who hide behind anime pictures on popular discord servers and it's fucking awful

Public servers, chat rooms, whatever is always a mistake discord or not. Public places attract the worst of the worst and for some reason I don't understand discord literally is tranny and furry central. Honestly we should be thankful they build a containment website for that shit.

i don't, i use IRC since that's what i'm used to

Because there is no good alternative.

I've been managing mumble server for years but it lacks so much features it's painful. I've wrote some bots and plugins to make it up but I can't just keep supporting it. It's just easier to invite one of thousand well made bots for discord. Also they have much better API.

what is it about discord that attracts trannies?
every single server has at least one tranny
shits insane

Trannies are addicted to escapism. They're online much more than the normal person, and get more into deranged niche communities.

Attached: 1560962544848.png (1044x588, 94K)

I don't. Discord is disgusting Chinese spyware.

No, it’s not just that. What little ego your average fa/g/ has is bound up in his knowing more about computers than the normies that get (any) pussy, which allows him to prevent a total psychic collapse and suicide. Anything they use is automatically shit because it makes his worth as an elite source of knowledge diminished.

Lets suppose you could access the Discord channels that you want through iRC, would you do it and stop using the Discord program?

>only join server with people I know IRL
>only other server is LFG for raids
Eh, it's not too bad.

Because everyone here is either a lurker or a faggot.
>It's IRC culture to not chat
Well isn't that just IR? You must be on some really dead channels mate
If your friends wanted to jump off a cliff and you wanted to climb down to safety, would you cave to their pressure?
This, if someone has a discord you know to stay on guard. In a way we should thank discord for showing the glowing amung us
>no good alternative
Are you new here?
Trannys flock to namefag services because they are addicted to the attention their faggotry brings them, and the faggotry attracts more trannys. It's a never-ending loop
The problem isn't the client

Jokes on you, OP. I have ascended beyond having any friends of any kind, so not only do I not use any social media sites, I have no need for any sort of messaging application. Shit, I don't even text from my phone, and the only email I ever get are shitty newsletters.

if discord was not electron garbage it wouldn't be an issue as a program.
it is an issue for a number of other reasons tho.

Do you remember pown.it? A site where you could find a bunch of old memes, gifs etc (something like ytmnd but softer). You could send a sort of ref-link to your friends. After they opened it a counter: ''You pwned X people'' was going up. Everytime i sent such link to 1 friend over discord ''private'' message, the counter ticked 2 times. They either autoopen the links you send or fire up crawlers to check whats inside