Ok Jow Forums i need your help

Ok Jow Forums i need your help

Here is this little box, all i know about it is on the inside is a raspberri pi, and an antenna

My goal is to hack into it, but i dont know where to start, i dont know what it's transmitting (my guess is some sort of wifi signal)

What should my first step be?

Attached: 20190619_101520.jpg (3264x2448, 1.65M)

use the antenna as a dildo

Felt good but still not any closer to breaking in

Here is the antenna zoomed in

Attached: 1560957877156864586092100652694.jpg (3264x2448, 2.25M)

give it back, jamal

I dindu nuffin tho
It was there when i got here

Attached: 1560958725726676573296697310595.jpg (3264x2448, 2.08M)

How about a screwdriver? Do you know about those Tyrone?

That's a 3G/4G/LTE antenna

Its a thing for my internship im not allowed to take it apart, its a hacking challenge

Attached: 15609589917473692576472594754576.jpg (3264x2448, 2.21M)

Ive figured that much out the problem is, im a corporate fag and there are so many connections around here that its hard to tell what this bitch is actually doing

Attached: 15609590591756058427711132970861.jpg (3264x2448, 2.25M)

You have physical access why bother when you can just connect to the pi directly when you open it up.

I could do that but thatd be cheating and i dont want my wage overlords to fire me

I need that dogecoin

Edit: im a corporate nigger now

Get close to it and only focus on the strongest signal dumbass, and give me some of the money when you get your bonus

let me get this straight
you have physical access, but aren't allowed to touch it
and the only thing it emits is a lte signal
and you have to 'hack' it
hahahahaha
you are shit out of luck unless there are intentional design flaws

Attached: 1543296459241.gif (540x540, 279K)

Sorry didn't see that you actually need to hack it.
Have you searched CHHLIUT? Seems there is a website setup specifically for you guys. I'd snoop around there look if you can find some kind of documentation on what the antenna exactly is. Otherwise assume Wifi or 3G and look at the strongest signal when you sit besides the box. Once you identified what exactly it is sending I or others might be able to help you further.

Thats what im saying, and because im in a corporate building theres like 40 fucking wifi signals going around and like half of them are hidden

And even when i get the ssid's of all the hidden networks i get no clues as to what this faggot ass box is, (i work for a power company apparently there are like 80 of these motherfuckers already up)

I would do that but the problem is there are like 20 other networks around me at the same time so its hard to get a read on it

Maybe im just retarded {its probably that}

If is wifi use a wifi scanner app on your phone like wifi analizer and get into it, if it does not emit wifi but instead is trying to connect to an SSID, find out what SSID is looking for and set it up so it can connect, give it an IP address and port scan it, etc...

lel use wireshark to compare the signal strength of networks with your laptop deep throating the fucking thing

this right here
Otherwise does something stand out? Unusual name or something?

Nope, thats the issue

If i had a target, getting in would be easier, the problem is i cant tell which one it is, or if thats even what its doing

Any way to shield the box and your laptop? Are you allowed to move it around? Disconnect it from power etc? Or should it actually be handled as if you were outside the building with no access whatsoever and only know it has an antenna and a rpi running it?

I can disconnect it as a last resort, that was one of my plans to airmon ng the networks, disconnect it
Then compare mac addresses

But i think they'd prefer the latter

Running wireshark now, tips?

Attached: 15609606543083202166511227236760.jpg (3264x2448, 3.81M)

Here’s a tip, rotate your fucking images

Phoneposting but will do

Attached: 20190619_111721.jpg (3264x2448, 2.2M)

Start capturing in monitoring mode with the SSID display filter and run around with your laptop, up and down the floor outside your office that kind of thing, and compare signal strength, should be able to identify the device using that.

Fucking cia
niggers

ssh into it

I think OP got killed by the glow niggers in HR. RIP OP.

The antenna is a 3G and 4G antenna according to the model of the CHHLIUT lineup.
On the picture i see they have either disconnected the antenna cable from the magnet foot or they have somehow made the cable to lead inside the box.
Then user, please tell me why there is some plastic foil (the grey stuff on the lower quater of the antenna). Is it actually preventing any electrical contact between the base of the antenna and the antenna itself? You know, like an insulator?

To me it looks like superglue

Attached: 15609621387711192768373937462915.jpg (3264x2448, 2.43M)

Was it movable and they hot glued it so you can't move it or something? What the fuck?

I think the guy who has a bunch of action figures at his cubicle hot glued it ;)

ok, is the magnet foot removable or can you like rotate it?
And what about the cable? is it a power chord? or are there any other cables leading inside/out? and what are these cables connected to?
Is the plastic case heavier than just the weight of the antenna and the box itself?
Do you feel that there is some electronics or other stuff inside?inside?

Also OP did you finally find the signal in question?

There is a power cable straight into a surge protector and the antenna does not move at all, but i can unscrew the top off

ok user, then it's either doing bullshit (it's a dummy) or it is a 3G/4G sniffer memeing as it were a legitimite 3G/4G hub leading through and saving/analyzing the signals connecting to it.
Hackers use such to hack mobile phones and monitor their traffic. Like for mail content and passwords, messenger history and such.

What EXACT type/model of smartphone do you have? And is your smartphone 3G and 4G able?

4g android 8.1 LG rebel 4

ok. lemme just find out if there are secret codes enabling you to search 3G and 4G signal sources, showing their actual dB signal strenghs.
Some smartphone models can do this.

Honestly I think without a proper receiver OP is shit out of luck. Can't find anything suggesting the Rebel 4 can do it.
But honestly I don't get this at all, what the fuck does his company expect?

OK.
Here is the code to enable you entering the "test mode of your cell phone:

*#*#4636#*#*"

Enter this and you will find a menu to look for 3G and 4G singnal strenghts.
If you found and entered it, move near the antenna and see if there's a super strong signal coming from it or if there are no signals at all. When you actually find a signal, then move away from it and see if it gets weaker the farer away you are from it.
If possible take notes of the identity of the signal (if even shown).
Then report to me.

i can run right through nasa, nsa and cia if i want. Nothing is impossible.

Op here
Couldnt get it to work
Went to eat food, buy gun, and shoot boss

try again!!
I happend to copypasta an " as a last sign in the code. Sorry, my fault.
You should be able to enter the code.

Don't give up.
Or maybe one of the computers standing around in the room actually control this grey box via wifi or Bluetooth access.
I mean the box is made from plastic and a second internally hidden antenna could do this job.
I would do so, if it were my system.
Are you allowed to disconnect the power cord?

I have used wireshark a bit but I have never used it to check signal strength. Am I just checking different channels and looking at volume of packet traffic? Is there a sub tool that I am unaware of?

zoom in further.

build a faraday cage fool

Put it in the microwave for 30 minutes.