There is no reason to use this when Manjaro exists

Attached: ubuntu.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rentry.co/manjaro-controversies
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There is no reason to use Manjaro when Ubuntu exists, and no GOOD reason to use either of them when Gentoo exists.

Manjaro is faster, has AUR for every niche software needs

>Manjaro is faster
than Gentoo? I should hardly think so.

>rolling release
>useful
pick one

Manjaro is made by some hobbiysts with poor security practises.

Ubuntu has corporate backing and actual engineers and developers working on it.

/thread

There was no reason to use Manjaro when Antergos existed, but now they went and abandoned it!

Attached: 5aa.jpg (600x600, 333K)

I was actually looking at Manjaro to start learning/messing with Linux. Is it a decent distro to start with? Something about Ubuntu just turns me off.

There is no reason to use Manjaro when Arch exists. And there is no reason to use Arch when Gentoo exists. Install Gentoo.

Attached: 1548425122493.png (1024x576, 281K)

There's no reason to use a computer when a desktop calculator exists. And there's no reason to use a desktop calculator when a slide rule exists. And there's no reason to use a slide rule when an abacus exists. And there's no reason to use an abacus when you still have your fingers and toes.

Badmouthing Ubuntu is a microaggression against African people.

>using Manjaro
just man up and use Arch

yes

>Implying South Africans are African
Most of the "Africans" working in Canonical that actually have high-paying jobs are Dutch or British South Africans (i.e.: white).

And since I support Apartheid, that's why I support Ubuntu.

this is just incorrect for reasons so obvious, i'm not going to both outlining them.

Sorry op won't answer this since his install just crapped itself because he updated for the first time in 6 days

>Yeah I trust companies. How could you tell?

What hardware are you basing this on?

The only difference between distros are:
A) The package manager
B) The out of the box experience, pre-installed programs and libraries or bloat (all the same with different names)
C) The official and unofficial support
D) The name, logo and default DE

The problem with the Ubuntu Main official flavour is GPU use. If you are not sure if your card is supported, or you have very little ram (

Attached: 2019-06-19-191119_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 163K)

I can't belive that I unironically was memed into dual-booting this garbage distro

/thread
>companies with millions of dollars worth of data don't care about security
is like: "hurr durr security men from companies use pistols so I don't trust pistols"
absolutely based /x/ retarded subhuman mongoloid monkey schizo

windows user here
what's manjaro like compared to ubuntu
i used ubuntu once and it was a pretty easy "Just Works" experience outside of a wifi driver

B-A-S-E-D

how does manjaro make money? i don't trust people that work for free or for donations. Open source has to be paid for.

rentry.co/manjaro-controversies
oh no no noooo manjaro blown the fuck out

the main difference is the software in the repo. ubuntu is slower at updating its repos with the newest software releases but for that you get more stability, manjaro is based on arch repos which is the opposite. it just depends whether you want to live fast and break things or just have a solid gnu/linux distro install.

i thought i would like manjaro but i'm honestly gonna just install some ubuntu fork because i expected the tinkering to be fun and its not my shit just doesn't work

I'm using Ubuntu 19 right now and I really like it. Minus the borked fractional scaling on my 1080p thinkpad. Why is there always an issue with Ubuntu?

Manjarturd isn’t a gnome distro. Anything that isn’t gnome sucks cock its a known fact.

Attached: 20800251_921691627973314_5821522377806285653_n.png (552x552, 313K)

Ubuntu litetarally dropped 32 bit support.
Not worth using anymore, install Gentoo.
No, contrary to what newfags believe, it's not a meme. I mean it.

>bitching about no 32-bit support
my old pc I bought in 2006 has a 64-bit processor in it. this must be bait

Attached: 1497470943314.jpg (502x432, 31K)

The only thing arch has going for it is rolling release and AUR. PPA exists on ubuntu, and there are better rolling release distros.

tbf I tried manjaro once and it broke after like a week of use. I installed arch a couple of months later and it never really broke yet after 4 years of use. It's an interesting thing, but if you have time to waste I'd suggest trying out vanilla arch and seeing if you encounter the same problems, because apparently manjaro devs have a propensity to fuck things up when updating repos which then gets blamed on upstream when it really shouldn't be.

LOL @ USING LOONIX WHEN WIN10 EXISTS

what do you need 32bit support for

Manjaros defualt colour scheme looks like shit and the only reason I wont use it is because I can avoid it by just installing debian

Attached: 1560594778779.jpg (397x746, 157K)

32 bit

I'd rather not use a rolling release distro on a home desktop, I don't see the point if i'm not a developer. I don't need simple things like my text editor or music player being updated every 2 weeks, and if I do need something newer than my package manager offers, theres alternatives that don't sacrifice stability.
You'd be surprised man, my old laptop was made in 2008 and had a 32 bit processor. One of the big draws to using linux is so people can keep machines running that would otherwise be unsupported by modern builds of macos and windows, but I can also get why Ubuntu did this since no one in their right mind is gonna be putting gnome on a 10+ year old computer.

Attached: 1555092484134.png (840x1260, 1.11M)