Are you using swaywm?

General swaywm shit but if you want to read my complaints here it is:
I'm addicted to the smoothness of Wayland but KDE is not even in an alpha state and GNOME is not even an option, it's just a disgusting desktop experience FOR MY TASTES so don't get triggered.
Can you torture sway until it works like a stacking window manager, with alt+tab? I only want to force tiling for 2 or 3 apps in their own separate workspaces.
I have this atm:
for_window [title="[.]*"] floating enable
bindsym --border button3 kill
Also, how are you dealing with things like mounting usb flash drives? I used a tiling wm like 10 years ago but I can't go back to that autism.

Attached: sway.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/way-cooler/way-cooler/milestone/21
microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10ISO
github.com/Alexays/Waybar
g.sicp.me/books/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I couldn't get it to run. Fucking config files, I hate them.

what are you talking about, what was the error
config files are awesome and one of the reasons i3 sway and co are so nice

I don't remember. I just want a smoother Gnome with smaller title bars.

Put every window on the scratchpad maybe?
Then configure a alt-tab to cycle scratchpad (hide + show)
Probably youll also want a button to move a window to current workspace (which means full screen in your case) and move (back) to scratchpad

As for mounting, use your file explorer of choice and udisks and mate drive indicator or mount applet.

iirc hes going to have problems raising windows and dealing with 'child windows'

>using a tiling compositor for stacking windows
You can try way-cooler, which is wayland version of awesomewm. Otherwise just move windows to the scratchpad as mentioned in

>way-cooler
It's not even pre-alpha and they don't recommend using it even for testing. I would say wait at least a couple of years unless the pace changes.

same
and how is gnome with wayland now, still lagging like shit on high end pcs, no filepicker thumbnails and the mpv bug not fixed yet?
im getting tired of this meme life

weird they moved to wlroots for a year and couldn't manage into alpha version, (when sway wm is almost stable at this point)

>wayland
>not even basic features like color profiles
wake me up when it's actually a competitor to x11

github.com/way-cooler/way-cooler/milestone/21
way cooler 2049

rip loliwm

tiling is for autists

Why couldn't they use a based wm like DWM as an inspiration instead of i3, the most regarded and stupid wm that is only used by redditfags?

because life is suffering

dwm is for mega autists. suckless is full of schizos disliking any sort of complex software

You are a megaretard who doesn't understand the difference between a dynamic wm (like xmonad or DWM) Vs a piece of shit like i3

no you're the retard here who doesn't know what a dynamic wm is

>gnome grug confused by config files

I'm not white enough to use sway/wayland.

Make it easier for us mutts damnit.

Attached: 1560104599492.jpg (744x600, 192K)

>mounting usb flash drives
I use thunar with thunar-volman to automount disks and also for ftp

can dolphin do that too, the automount? or is it another part of plasma that does that
not op btw

its been a while since I used KDE so I dont know, but the volman package does it for thunar, no other requirements

come home white man
sudo mount /dev/sdx /mnt/usb/

Clearly you don't

doing that manually just makes you look like a cmatrix try hard

4 u

microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10ISO

I'm on Arch and Sway is my fallback when KDE breaks itself with an update like it did recently. I can always count on Sway to just work but I do eventually miss all the convenience of an actual DE.

I tried it, struggled with getting a bar then switched back to X and i3.

huh? it comes with swaybar

there's also waybar which has way more features
github.com/Alexays/Waybar

the fonts looked realy sharp and nice on wayland. how can i get such sharpness on xorg?

please tell me what dynamic wm features that i3 lacks then

Bars are bloat anyway.

Attached: sway.png (1920x1080, 324K)

link to files

It doesn't dynamically change the layout depending on how many windows are open. It's either tiling vertically or horizontally like a nigger. It sounds like you never used DWM or any other dynamic tiling wm.

Nigga, are you blind?
>Gentoomen Library
g.sicp.me/books/

ok i didnt know you could have changed it yourself to something ty

I'm really liking sway, but I'm going back to xorg and i3 because I experienced a lot of glitches when I tried running some games in wine.

except I'm sure you could implement that through the ipc

>no proper screen sharing
> has to run x for most stuff
>doesn't have a suite of software that can be used to escape from qt and gtk
>no native emacs
>no alternative to xterm
post more shit stuff about wayland

Read your first line as "no proper screen tearing" and chuckled.

Drew himself said it's not possible and advised to use waymonad which is still ore alpha

imagine opening enough windows in 1 workspace to notice it's doing fibonacci layout

Attached: 1560980902254.png (1000x700, 101K)

sway has rdp support now, it's just not that good and could use improvements

Why should I use Wayland over X11 anyway?

keep using x11 and stay away from wayland threads, if you don't like it. nobody invited you to the sekrit club

Use /media/usb for removable devices.

/mnt/usb is for perm drives.

>media
yikes

─[792]──[user]───[ / ]
─>> ls
bin@ dev/ home/ lib64@ mnt/ proc/ run/ srv/ tmp/ var/
boot/ etc/ lib@ lost+found/ opt/ root/ sbin@ sys/ usr/ swapfile
─[792]──[user]───[ / ]
─>> uname -a
Linux hparch 5.1.11-arch1-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jun 17 18:56:30 UTC 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Attached: 1560975699626.gif (413x243, 51K)

no, I hate i3. way cooler seems promising but there's no way I'm going to use that as my main wm at the moment. enlightenment is a pretty good wm but it looks ugly and there are no good themes avalible and I won't spend the time to make my own theme from scratch. I wish there was a wayland version of fluxbox but that will never happen which fucking sucks

>swapfile
no u

>she has a dedicated swap "partition"

>having filesystem overhead on an already slow operation

>overhead
is there really though?

anyhow I don't even use it lol
it was supposed to be used for hibernation but shit won't work on this laptop

Attached: 1560983769820.jpg (512x422, 29K)