Does anyone miss the 2000s design aesthetic?

Does anyone miss the 2000s design aesthetic?

Clear plastic, colorful PCs, slightly dorky.
I think it's nicer than RGBs.

Attached: power-macs-g4.jpg?w=640&ssl=1.jpg (640x426, 75K)

nope. but i was born during that year and grew up with RGB (and prefer RGB)

Those machines overheated all the time during my 3d design course I took in college back then. The next gen after that when they came out with the aluminium based G5 power macs were really nice though.

I think they basically kept that design until they brought out the trash can Mac Pro.

Makes sense, it's probably nostalgia and being used to clear plastics. I can't see them bringing out a see-through Switch, although there are 3rd party mods.

Attached: IMac_G3_Tangerine.png (960x600, 1017K)

No, I always thought it looked like some shitty nickelodeon garbage.

The iMac G4 is still a thing of beauty.

Attached: g4.jpg (1000x900, 258K)

Attached: 9D0C2C93-1DEF-4D83-9F2B-819EC1F31A88.jpg (1200x800, 88K)

No, but I miss the beige/white cases and peripherals a lot. I want to modify an older case to make it ATX-compatible in the near future but I haven't found a case in good enough condition yet.

No, I hated it as well as the rounded and silver look to everything like radios, tvs, monitors, etc.

Do old cases even have decent airflow?

No I don't.

Attached: case.jpg (242x208, 9K)

Wonder how much that stand cost

I agree. Nobody ever made a better looking machine than the iMac G4. It's the ultimate space-age, mid century modern design.

Garbage airflow. Most 90s and early 2000s case were designed for a single psu fan

I agree, but only on the silver shit.
The transparent colorful trend was very short lived and after that we had to suck on several years of shitty plastic silver look, which is the worst thing imo.
I fucking hate metallic plastics with a passion, it's just so idiotic, either make it metal or have fun with all the options you get with plastics, not use it as a cheap substitute.

Attached: 63fd4f1d8c7cb2bb05169cdba1d878c5.jpg (480x398, 31K)

Who cares? I don't do gaymen and my current silent case has garbage airflow as well.

Based and beigepilled.
Those are the comfiest PCs.

I hate the look from that era so much.

Attached: TV 14 INCH.jpg (660x530, 31K)

you just brought back so many memories of drinking monsters, playing halo, rubbing my friends' erections through our pants, and everyone getting high on energy drinks and flaming each other all night

Only a literal homo faggot like you would have good memories related to that piece of shit.

You mean like the good ol' DS?

Yeah fake metal is gross.

No.

No, I hated it as well as the rounded and silver look to everything like radios, tvs, monitors, etc.

Only a literal homo faggot like you would have good memories related to that piece of shit.

You mean like the good ol' DS?

Yeah fake metal is gross.

Garbage airflow. Most 90s and early 2000s case were designed for a single psu fan

>aesthetic
You need go back

Back to Jow Forums?

>equating pre 2007 apple to nu-buttershit keyboard apple
How to spot a zoomer 101. You were probably born when the G4 came out faggot

fucking this. Even at the time I was like 10 years old and was confused why adults were buying shit that looked like it was made for toddlers.

>be adult
>drive to circuit city in your pontiac aztec to pick up a 4000lb tv that looks like a fucking buzz lightyear accessory toy
>go home and watch watch big brother and american idol in "HD ready" 720p glory

kino design

You're probably too young to remember this, but once upon a time, Apple really did make great computers. Back then, they were using IBM:s PowerPC processors, which were amazing. Intel never really bested IBM, they simply lied about frequencies and managed to offer a better price. So, the first Intel iMac may have had two cores, but it was actually much slower than the G5.

spotted the bitter-fag

Attached: 1521221032224.jpg (960x882, 59K)

this was the peak computer aesthetic
everything went downhill from this.

Attached: 100_0358_1.jpg (1082x1370, 200K)

fucking this. Even at the time I was like 10 years old and was confused why adults were buying shit that looked like it was made for toddlers.

>be adult
>drive to circuit city in your pontiac aztec to pick up a 4000lb tv that looks like a fucking buzz lightyear accessory toy
>go home and watch watch big brother and american idol in "HD ready" 720p glory

No, I always thought it looked like some shitty nickelodeon garbage.

>Intel never really bested IBM, they simply lied about frequencies and managed to offer a better price.
Intel blew Freescale and IBM the fuck out by the time the switch occurred, even Mac Minis were matching dual-core G5s on universal binaries and on mobile it was an utter fucking holocaust, the G4 was so fucking slow and long in the tooth by then it's amazing they kept it going as long as they did at the prices they asked for.

PowerPC in general pretty much peaked in 1997 and after that it was merely competitive at best, the G5 had pretty decent architecture, incredible bus speeds and was a good workstation chip with its fast as fuck floating-point but its integer always lagged behind x86 even on Apple's internal benchmarks.

Dunno where you're getting the whole "lie about frequency" shit from either, Intel never used PR ratings like AMD or Cyrix, I think what you're getting at is clock-for-clock advantage, which doesn't mean shit if the competitor can still clock high enough to beat you.

Also, a good half or more PPC chips were made and designed by Motorola/Freescale, it's funny how Jow Forums forgets about that and just sucks the epic ThinkPad company's dick for what were mostly Motorola's achievements instead.

Yeah I was into Macs at the time and there were a handful of things the G5 was really fast at, certain types of music and rendering shit, but everything else was slower.

Early 2000's aesthetics were shit. They even started making GUIs look like that. Awful.

Attached: 1557549434818.gif (350x409, 437K)

this was the peak computer aesthetic
everything went downhill from this.

Fuck off underage

Makes sense, it's probably nostalgia and being used to clear plastics. I can't see them bringing out a see-through Switch, although there are 3rd party mods.

Nope. I hated it then and I hate it now. I also hate RGB bullshit. Why have computer aesthetics been so gay since after the 90s?

>It's the ultimate space-age, mid century modern design.
Yup! Loved it!

the gif made me laugh, thx

Being basically a single-core POWER4 with AltiVec it was a pretty good server chip, an alright workstation chip and an average/so-so desktop chip. G5s were still great, but faggot zoomers who compare the Intel switch to the fall of Rome because of early 90s RISC propaganda can suck my ass.

>Does anyone miss the 2000s design aesthetic?
I do and I don't. I lost my virginity right around then so that might have something to do with it.

tfw someone born in 2000 is old enough to post on Jow Forums

Attached: 1553648272103.jpg (283x438, 18K)

Yeah RISC is dead for desktops now.

nope
shit was fucking hideous creaky plastic garbage

the gif made me laugh, thx