Get destination ETA

>get destination ETA
>consistently drive 20-30 miles over the speed limit
>beat every light
>somehow still arrive exactly at initial estimated time

How the fuck does it know? Does it know I speed?

Attached: file.png (1000x1000, 271K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/20417959/
crashviewer.nhtsa.dot.gov/LegacyCDS/Search
myactivity.google.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hmmm
it's almost like
wait a minute...
it's almost like... unsafe driving doesn't actually save you as much time as you think....

it knows you speed

probably. it's easy to calculate speed based on distance and time. also

That's not how it works, dumbass. If I am driving down a lightless highway at a consistent speed for almost the entirety of the ride with zero slowdowns, I should certainly arrive faster.

Also
>driving fast
>unsafe

Only in residential/pedestrian areas. Everywhere else, slow drivers are what cause accidents.

It literally has a speedometer in the corner telling you how fast you're going.

My friends, I am talking about the initial calculated ETA. The calculation made before you even begin driving. Not the ETA that gets updated during the course of your drive.

Superior israeli technology, that's why, you silly goy.

>Next time do this.
>Time until destination says 15 minutes
>Set a times on your phone for 15 minutes
>drive like an asshole
>see if you get these in 12 minutes and waze still is accurate.

It is actually. Even if you're going 10 over the limit with no stops you'll barely save a minute or two on short commutes. If you're traveling for hours on end it can make a difference but otherwise it just doesn't.

do you think you're the only person who has ever driven on the same road? going 20-30 miles over the speed limit won't get you to your destination much faster. and most people drive over the speed limit, that's why a lot of accidents happen.

Yeah pretty sure it knows. I was doing 25km/h over the limit consistently over a 12 hour drive and waze was off by 10min.

20-30 is a bit ridiculous in most places, if you've ever seen highways without asshole cops people will tend to drive around 80 regardless of the speed limit being 65 or 80. Regardless of spreed, keeping up with traffic is a lot safer than being 15mph under it to follow the speed limit

It calculates the original ETA based on the traffic and other drivers driving the same path.

No, shithead. People who drive 30mph in passing lanes, aggressively shift between lanes, tailgate, and fail to use their blinkers are what cause accidents. Driving faster likely makes an accident that DOES happen technically more lethal, but unless you're pushing 90+ mph, I can't see it leading to more accidents.

I drive a 30 mile commute on a road that is posted for 55 mph at an average speed of 85 mph. That's 30 mph more, which should make a significant dent in the commute.

I know that feel exactly.

Maybe it simply factors in you'll go faster in some areas?

I've literally had the exact same happen to me - estimates let's say 7.35pm arrival, so I try to get there by 7.30pm by going +20mph on the motorway. Nope, Still arrive 7.35pm

>Everywhere else, slow drivers are what cause accidents.

This so fucking much. My commute is pure garbage every single day because of people that think it's acceptable to plod along in the passing lane doing 50mph. People are just cruising along doing 80mph until they run up upon this asshole driving like it's goddamn Sunday... during rush hour... on a Friday. Then they have to slam on their brakes which triggers a chain reaction of brake slamming which usually ends in at least one rear ending which backs up traffic for miles. And everyone else is hopping lanes and cutting people off the avoid the guy riding the left lane. Then almost without fail there's a truck doing like 30mph in the right lane and the whole goddamn highway locks up all the way from NYC to fucking Massachusetts.

Why can't people just go fast?

>If you're going faster you won't get to your destination faster!
WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS!!?

Because you're not special for driving like a maniac. Everyone does it. Waze presumably knows how fast people really drive and takes that into account.
It's either that or it learned enough about your driving style to predict times more accurately for you. Who the fuck knows these days.

it stores a variable that tracks how much faster you drive compared to the average driver. I found the same thing with google maps when I changed cars and suddenly started driving way faster. at first I got to my destination a few minutes early, but after a while it always knew how long I would take.

I wonder if a court can subpoena Waze or Google Maps for those variables and location data relating to a traffic stop for speeding or reckless driving in order to get a more solid conviction?

I'd presume they can but in most cases it's probably not worth going through the legal hassle. Wonder if it's possible to encrypt and decrypt that data on the fly to prevent any possibility of access.

I can only hope you wrap your car around a tree and not crash into a minivan and kill a family.
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/20417959/
crashviewer.nhtsa.dot.gov/LegacyCDS/Search

google keeps track of your location 100% of the time if you don't disable it and they can get your speed from that if they care to, if you look at location history or myactivity.google.com they could probably convict. they don't need the average they have a complete history of everything

you talk like a woman and drive like a faggot

>says the benchracer speeding in their moms civic

based /o/ poster, /o/ is maybe the best 4channel board

>been driving over 10 years now
>no accidents

But yeah, keep preaching to me about how bad speeding is.

>Implying /o/ doesn't hate retards that like him that cruise in the left lane
Left lane is for passing you retards.
The irony is that you're not only the cause of accidents but you're also the cause of people speed, because you cause traffic backups through the rubber band effect of having to sit behind your extra chromosome'd ass.

If you're going fast enough you're going to be passing everyone in the right lane therefore you should probably just stay in the left lane and only move over if someone is coming up behind you is going faster than you.

but i'm pro speeding

Sorry, I meant to respond to the other guy.

>been smoking for 10 years
>no cancer
>been eating fried chicken for 10 years
>no heart attacks
>been a flaming homo for 10 years
>only have aids
fuck off retard
>this nigger still trying to justify doing 30 over the speed limit

>Because you're not special for driving like a maniac

Where did I imply that I was, silly? Also
>you're a maniac for driving at the same speed as 70-80% of people on the highway
No cunt, the real maniac is the fucking moron doing under the speed limit at the front of the pack or the moron riding three inches from the ass of the car in front of him to make sure the slightest break causes a massive chain reaction. God I fucking hate human beings. Driverless cars can't come soon enough.

False equivalency. Speeding is a flat risk and frankly it's a lower flat risk than going slow. It's not one that increases over time like smoking. You sound like someone who's never driven a day in their life. I bet you're some fucking cyclist asshat that thinks the road belongs to them.

everybody thinks they can get away with shit until it catches up with them. my uncle used to tell me he knew how to drive drunk and that I was an idiot for telling him not to. died in a drunk driving crash and killed some walmart worker. in the same way my mother always tells me she knows how to text while driving and the problem is other people don't know how to do it.

I can’t wait until Pigeon learns how fast I walk so I can get accurate ETA’s,

>Speeding is a flat risk and frankly it's a lower flat risk than going slow
is this how retarded speeders are, truly?

What rustles my jimmies about Waze is that it doesn't seem to consider the time you spend waiting in stop/yield signs, and left turns or speed bumps on its estimate. Often in rush hour I get diverted by it into residential streets that might be traffic-free but are full of slow downs that actually waste your fuel, instead of simply going slower in a thoroughfare.

this is same theory if taking streets is faster than a clogged highway... it's not. just sit on the highway in traffic its just faster than taking the streets.

use google, my experience driving in toronto is that it's way fucking better at dealing with highly variable traffic and complicated streets

I commute 60 miles every day with an average allowed speed of 50 MPH. If I drive 10 miles an hour over the speed limit I'm saving 12% of my time or 6 minutes. 6 minutes * 5 days a week is 30 minutes of life I save per week * 52 weeks a year is 156 minutes a year * 40 years is 6000+ minutes. So essentially I will have ~100 hours of more of 'freetime' than you, assuming we live to the same age.

why do awful drivers always hate cyclists, does your stupid ass not understand that more people cycling means less idiots driving 3 ton SUVs?

Whatever fag. Perfect driving record speaks for itself. It's not like I'm even going ridiculously fast. Usually 70mph-80mph on highway traffic permitting. Speed limit is 55mph highway. Most other people are doing 65-70. Only fags like you are actually doing 55 OR LESS.

If you are ever driving on the highway below 55 and there isn't a foot of snow out the ground find the nearest bridge, pull over, and jump off. You do not deserve to live.

Because you fags think you own the road. I think you belong on the goddamn sidewalk (or bike lane) and there if there isn't a sidewalk then don't take your goddamn bike. If you can't keep up with traffic you don't belong on the road with traffic. I don't care if the law allows for it. You are a liability. End of story.

you deserve what you get

You're right. I do deserve to get places faster.

The worst is when Waze re-routes you through some death trap intersections where you're supposed to make a left turn onto a street filled with cars speeding by and zero visibility because it shaved 30 seconds off your commute.

Every week, I pull off the highway at the same gas station to fill up my tank. Every week, I end up passing the same drivers who were driving alongside me before I stopped to fill up. How the fuck does this happen?

>Hurr durr let me sit in the middle of the road going half the speed limit and expect you not to want to run me over.

it's really good
>last sunday
>driving 120kph on a 60kph road (mostly empty)
>that stretch was something like 20% of the trip
>still arrived 2 minutes late

People who drive minivans deserve to die in a car accident along with their kids.
They are the worst, aside from BMW and Prius drivers.

I never go more than 5 (five) miles per hour above the speed limit. I feel like if I go exactly the speed limit people behind me get angry because usually they will go 1 mph slower and think I'm not going the speed limit and 5 is close enough to not get pulled over.

>can't speed up fast enough to overtake a cyclist on his shitbox
lmao

That is pretty much the kind of cattle mentality I would expect out of a Jow Forums pass paypig.

wasted trips. I speed just for the fun of it fuck getting there faster. Even decked out my car like some cannon ball run shit, CB, radar detector, and waze. Haven't ever been pulled over and going +30mph on the highway. Almost never speed in the city though because of stop signs, traffic ligjts, pedestrians, etc. you'll just ruin your brakes faster if you speed in cities.

Are you me? Fuck, only one you missed is Honda CRV's.

>Country 'highway' roads of one lane each way with blind corners every few hundred feet and retard cyclist sitting in the middle of a lane that is supposed to be going 45-60 MPH.

Pro tip: your speedometer in your car on average shows five MPH less than you are actually moving to prevent the auto manufacturer from becoming liable for your speeding tickets. Get a GPS based speed measuring app and check the difference, In my mom's car it shows her going eight mph faster than she's actually going.

>five MPH less than
*five MPH more than

My speedometer matches what the signs the police put up to tell you how fast you're going show. Plus, if everyone's speedometer does this there is literally no reason to go faster because nobody will know. On top of that, going 60 miles per hour actually has you go one mile per minute according to road signs.

Basically I think you're retarted and gay and never reply to me again

>Fedex truck parked halfway in your lane at the crest of a hill.

shut the fuck up namefag, check it with your phone, i can GUARANTEE this is true, and its not hard to verify.

I don't use my phone while driving and it's only true if you changed the size of the tires on your car. You're dumb as hell.

>what is a phone dock
t. stock tires on all vehicles

This is false and you should learn to read a fucking book.

Fine then, don't take my word for it, but next time you go driving do it with a GPS speedometer and try it for yourself.

>10mi @55mph = 10min
>10mi @85mph = 7min

Is it worth to go 30 over for 3min?

Only a mongoloid or a zoomer would legitimately think that the gps speed estimation on their cell phone is more accurate than the mechanical speedo which instantaneously correlates driveshaft rpm to ground speed.

done this with external GPS antennas and gpsmon while wardriving.

Unless you were averaging hundreds of miles per hour your speedo was more accurate. Also whatever gps you used was garbage.

Source: Have worked with trimble survey units since 1998. GPS is not nearly as accurate as the general public thinks.

>maybe the best 4channel board
back to your containment board, carfag

tfw mom is paralyzed from being hit by a shitty driver

tfw healthcare sucks in america so i am working hard to cure my mom

drive with caution, please.

Was leaving work late at night (today)- opened waze before leaving to see if the usual road i take is closed due to work on a bridge nearby - turns out it was open but it was super congested due to some game ending in a nearby stadium. the usual route i take was not suggested (congestion, road works etc) - instead there was another option that seemed to take like 15 minutes more than usual. started goin the suggested way but 5 minutes in i decided to take the old route i do daily . still arrived home at the original suggested time (minutes margin).

Waze displays your speed and I have a radar detector that also uses GPS to display your speed and both speeds match my speedometer. You are wrong.

True. Speeding doesn't mean much unless you are driving long distance. Shaving a couple minutes off your commute is pointless.

>I KNOW YOU'RE DRIVING ON A STRAIGHTAWAY ON THE HIGHWAY WITH NOBODY IN SIGHT, BUT YOU STILL CAN'T BE ON YOUR PHONE BECAUSE IT'S DANGEROUS AND ILLEGAL!

Attached: image.jpg (1080x1020, 218K)

why do you use waze?it is owned by google, and stripped and placed on gmaps? why would people still use it?

people want to listen to "vehicle stopped on shoulder ahead" every 5 minutes for the actual reported police traps

>GPS is not nearly as accurate as the general public thinks.
*GPS for the general public is not nearly as accurate as the general public thinks

Fixed that for you. Military navigation can place you within +/- well under a meter these days, but civilians don't get to use that because turns out they don't want to let the goyim accurately position explosives ie on the end of a rocket.

It's only an 8 minute difference, thereabouts, and apps like Waze are "social" driving apps, meaning that when it calculates the ETA, it's not doing so based on the speed limit, but rather the average amount of time it takes drivers to drive the same route. Then it adjusts for traffic, speed traps, etc. Apps like Google Maps will do the exact same, as Google (by default) tracks every device with the Maps app installed and you can even go to your Google account and check a map of all the places you've been lately and how long you were there. This data is used for the ETA, initially, and then if you're going slower than the average person would it'll change your ETA accordingly, but the reason the initial ETA ends up being so accurate is that you're driving pretty much the same speed as everyone else that travels along that route day after day.

actually feel free to do that, nobody cares if you end up killing yourself as long as nobody else gets hurt.

I completely agree. I recognize that I'm only a danger to myself

just wish you cagers would disappear

>True. Speeding doesn't mean much unless you are driving long distance. Shaving a couple minutes off your commute is pointless.
this, it's more important to keep a constant pace than to speeding and breaking all the way, maybe a few seconds less than a minute or two earlier, but expensive gas wise

The ETA is based on the average speed recorded from all the drivers who transit the same streets, no the legal speed limit, so, there is people who drive faster and slower than you.

>>Why can't people just go fast?
in my car I lose about 15-20mpg doing 80 as opposed to 50.

also I'd really like to know why you fastfags love to race up to red lights and then slam on your brakes instead of just taking your foot off the gas a quarter mile ahead of time. You're using gas and giving your engine and brakes that much more wear and tear for literally no time savings.

>it's the slow people who cause accidents!
>proceeds to create an example where the fast idiots are unsafe and cause problems for themselves entirely of their own volition
Yup.

Class A driver, by law I my limit is 55mph.

Driving 65 from LA to Phoenix saves me about 30 minutes. I used to be someone who drove 80mph in my car on the freeway, as much as I can. I've since gone to just doing 65-70 as all it does is save a few minutes. Not worth the extra gas, the wear on your engine, and the increased chance of someone doing something stupid to cause you to crash.

Which is more survivable: An accident at 60mph or 90mph? All other variables the same.

Case closed.

If you removed that slow driver from the road in that scenario you would have prevented the accident and 95% of the traffic. If you removed a fast driver literally nothing would change.

Also they are not only going slow but they're doing it in the passing lane of all places. That's an unforgivable level of retarded. If you wanna go 55 stay to the right at all times unless you're getting off a left exit. Other people want to pass you.

>if you don't disable it
I'm not convinced that actually stops it, outside of stopping it being used in the ways useful for you directly. Especially if you use any of their services based on location.

What if I'm willing to take the risk?

Bullshit, even pajeets have those capabilities (pic related).

Civilian gps can do the same, everyone is using the same satellites. The trimble tsc3 I use at work can get you within a couple feet floating on its own without even needing a rover head, add in the r9 rover and that tightens up considerably, set up a base radio nearby and in good conditions I can set points within millimeters of their calculated location. This is specialized surveying equipment, runs off proprietary software, and is expensive as fuck so I suppose you're right that in it's not for the "general public" but we put this shit on fucking backhoes in order to grade roads... claiming military gps is superior because of some kike conspiracy to keep the latest tech out of our hands is just ignorant.

Accuracy under 2m is a matter of triangulation with known points on the ground and an tying those measurements to an accurate geoid model. This is why surveyors set up base stations on known coordinates. When your unit is triangulating off of cell towers miles away or purely using satellites, you are dealing with error in distance, signal strength, time difference, atmospheric conditions etc.

Attached: maps-surveying-and-engineering-ottapalam-palakkad-land-surveyors-1pvsm0zhwb.jpg (864x1152, 203K)

Mexicans do this all the time where i love. It also seems like they can't differentiate between highway signs and speed limit signs because sometimes I see them going 45 on I-45 lol.
Also it seems like when their car is half broken, like they think it will just magically "heal" itself if they drive it slowly?? It's so fucking stupid.
Nigger if your car can go 55, then it can go 65

lmao how bad are you at driving where you feel as though you encounter "death traps" on your commute

So?

>>If you removed that slow driver from the road in that scenario you would have prevented the accident and 95% of the traffic.
Except it wouldn't have, because someone going 90 and swerving between lanes would still slam on their brakes last second to avoid hitting someone going 85 and the whole thing would start from there. I've seen people get 2ft behind a car going 20mph slower than them before applying the brakes, and you're actually trying to argue that the person in front of them is somehow at fault. Unsafe driving does not magically become safe driving just because you remove the one safe driver from the equation, no matter how hard you try to ignore basic facts.

The worst deathtrap I've seen was a blind merge from a tight curve going into a freeway with people going 75mph+, in Dallas

>Except it wouldn't have, because someone going 90 and swerving between lanes
They don't have to swerve between lanes if nobody is in front of them going slow. They have a clear shot.

>would still slam on their brakes last second to avoid hitting someone going 85
No. People don't slam on their brakes for a speed differential of 5mph. Any driver, even the most retarded would just let off the gas. You're making an assumption that is just plain wrong.

> I've seen people get 2ft behind a car going 20mph slower than them before applying the brakes
That's not even physically possible regardless of how good your brakes are.

Pretty sure it's illegal in some states, and they will try to bang on your car.