I think I'm done with hopping distros (and even trying out a BSD). Guix and Nix were fun...

I think I'm done with hopping distros (and even trying out a BSD). Guix and Nix were fun, gentoo was cool for the Jow Forums points, and Ubuntu is still bloat but I just want to get shit done now. I want a simple package manager on a free as in freedom base, but with the ability to easily install the nonfree software that is required by intel wifi (yeah its shit), and something that is easy for me to compile software on.

I'm coming home, Debian. What have you settled on Jow Forums, those of you trying to get shit done.

Attached: Debian_logo.png (300x395, 25K)

i like gentoo so i'm sticking to that

even if it took all night to compile kde on a dual core

I took the Debian pill on my X201 too.
Buster is pretty good.

Attached: 1524316048963.png (1440x1938, 494K)

literally me. being unproductive with distro hopping for a year now I settled with Debian 10 XFCE and I'm trying to remember what I was doing when I used windows... vidya isnt fun anymore

debian netinstall is the best

debian 9.9 stable is very comfy on my desktop
with packages like krita which are outdated in apt i just download their newest appimage from their site

i still use i3wm though

Arch because I want a no-frills distro and I like pacman and the AUR
plus it has yet to break my xorg config

stable, testing, or unstable?

wrong thread

Stable for me. I can get flatpaks and appimags of stuff that I need updated, just like said and still have a stable base that will not let me down.

For me, it's debian testing. Ubuntu is just a snapshot of debian testing so on debian testing I actually get more fresh packages than in ubuntu. Then once I add guix package manager to it I can package whatever software I want and have it run regardless of what packages I currently have.

Attached: 1560933245178.png (602x500, 26K)

ubuntu is more up to date than debian they don't even wait for debian to upload shit to testing or unstable so they package for themselves from source.
Remimder thay they were only based on debian and they are not the same distribution

unironically based

we need a infographic on the best distro to pick

debian after years of using gnu/linux I pick debian and xfce4

Attached: 1560436806057.png (580x285, 346K)

ubuntu studio lts. obviously is among the sanest choices, rh/fedora/centos and debian being the others.

just did a fresh debian stable install. feels good bros. im home

>debian stable
haven't followed debian in a long time. are they finally doing regular releases? or do they release whenever they feel like

aaaaaaaaaaand switched to testing cause i needed clisp lmao
no idea, last time i installed debian was in 2014ish.

should have waited to buster
its 15 or so days from now

Started with SUSE for about 1 day, moved to Gentoo, then Ubuntu, slackware, mint, slackware then back to Gentoo. It's simply the best one

>debian
lol

if you need to install testing because of some software just install ubuntu or fedora at that point.
No need to beta test broken AND outdated packages for free for trannie developers, the whole point of debian is stable

>debian
>2019

>debian testing
Enjoy your no security

This thread inspired me to give Debian a shot. Downloaded the 300mb file, and the fucker couldn't even work with my intel ethernet wired. Fuck Debian.

If I had to leave Gentoo it would probably be for Deb, possibly slackware

Trisquel

Just left Debian back to Ubuntu, kek. It never ends.

Arguably more security as the packages and security fixes are more up to date. Get real.

enjoy your broken and outdated packages I guess