Yes.

>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: amBZrpo.jpg (459x436, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com.mx/Asus-FX505DT-EB73-categorizado-Ordenador-portátil/dp/B07QM4F25N/ref=pd_sbs_23_2/146-1475502-4284660?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07QM4F25N&pd_rd_r=17c4b262-92ea-11e9-b743-d50a9042069f&pd_rd_w=oBsAh&pd_rd_wg=61L0v&pf_rd_p=afcc0085-633d-4e65-bef4-f1b100aadf84&pf_rd_r=V9D611G9FXVN4KAD1PPF&psc=1&refRID=V9D611G9FXVN4KAD1PPF
microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download/?platform=win7
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF
lastpass.com/solutions/business-password-manager
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

where is a good site to dl game roms?

bing.com

How do I/what can I use to change the DNS of my Android phone?

It's a custom setting per wifi network you connect to. Otherwise you have to waste a shitton of power running everything through a local VPN app.

I just want to use clover again, God damn it Australia

reinstalled win7
what updates should I avoid besides telemetry?

All covered in second link of OP. Ancile is the way to go. Nothing recent to avoid specifically, but if you use windows update you're boned no matter what you do.

Sup lads, I recently started working on some VR dev and I'm looking to buy one of those gaymen laptops to continue working since the lab I work on is gonna be closed for the next 2 months. I have my eye on these 2 laptops, which pretty much cost the same, but have some diferences in the specs:

amazon.com.mx/Asus-FX505DT-EB73-categorizado-Ordenador-portátil/dp/B07QM4F25N/ref=pd_sbs_23_2/146-1475502-4284660?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07QM4F25N&pd_rd_r=17c4b262-92ea-11e9-b743-d50a9042069f&pd_rd_w=oBsAh&pd_rd_wg=61L0v&pf_rd_p=afcc0085-633d-4e65-bef4-f1b100aadf84&pf_rd_r=V9D611G9FXVN4KAD1PPF&psc=1&refRID=V9D611G9FXVN4KAD1PPF

Asus FX505DT
Ryzen 7 3750H
GTX 1650
8GB RAM
512 GB SSD

www.amazon.com.mx/dp/B07QD32VTT/ref=psdc_10189669011_t1_B07QM4F25N

MSI GF63 Thin
i5 9300H
GTX 1650 Max Q
8GB RAM
256 GB SSD

The main differences are ofc the CPU, the GPU (don't really know the difference between the max q version and the normal version), the ssd and the MSI laptop is marketed as being very light.

Which one is the better purchase? And would you guys recomend something else for VR?

Is Protonmail botnet?

did the cat died?

I want to replace my two SFF-8887 to 4 SATA cables because they are too short.
But I have a RAID6 of 6 drives on them. Are all SFF->SATA labeled the same, aka can I just switch them out for longer ones and they will have the same port numbering so my drives show up correctly to the controller, or am I fucked?

I am trying to format my 64gb micro sd card as an internal storage for my samsung j5 6.0.1. However samsung removed that feature for the J5. However when I try to use the ADB command line way of formating I can read the disc ID just fine but when I try to use aftiss ABD it says "error: Device not found".

Attached: 1560105154415.jpg (468x416, 30K)

MS Edge builds for 7/8/8.1 just got released:
microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download/?platform=win7

Anyone gonna try it? Report back please!

go with AMD.
but look into business line laptops. build quality is often better than consumer shit.

>the MSI laptop is marketed as being very light
That's the difference. Max Q means the card is neutered down in performance to make it more compact.

They're both 4/8 cores with similar clock speeds, so I'd expect intel to be slightly better at single core but amd in the lead overall. They're both slightly above the minimum for vr.

Why? It's just chrome with a different skin.

I figure looking for recomendations counts as a stupid question.

I had an Xperia Play a while back, and I found it to be just amazing to use as a device for reading. I liked being able to press the button to scroll VS touch-screen controls. But as all devices do, it eventually died.

Is there anything like it on the market? Not necessarily a phone that doubles as a console. Just a phone with some sort of keypad that slides out.

Attached: Sony-Xperia-Play-Open-FL.jpg (375x361, 18K)

not if you're not a pedo

I don't see why not.

buy a cheap usb card reader like pic related

no

Attached: transcend-rdf8-card-reader-front.jpg (1200x624, 69K)

>I don't see why not.
The problem is it's a 1 port to 4 ports cable, pic related. If the order of ports is not the same, my raid controller will freak out and kill my raid because it things 4 drives died at the same time

Attached: sff.jpg (1920x1280, 141K)

can't you just reorder them if the raid isn't valid?
(being careful not to hit "rebuild" or whatever)

>overclock 2 sticks of ddr4 2400mhz cl17 1.2v to 2933mhz cl16 1.232v
>g.skill value (hynix mfr)
>fails to boot if i put clocks to 3000mhz or tighten down timings to cl14 (cl15 automatically puts back to cl16), even on 1.35v
did i hit the hard wall?

Either blackberry priv or Vita

best anitvirus for windows ?

Defender

might be shitty cpu or motherboard.

I'm pretty out of the loop on messaging apps. Do normies use Telegram? How is it perceived?
I like that there's a desktop version with no need to install it on a phone.

Ryzen 2600
Asrock AB350 PRO4

probably not cpu/mobo then.

i actually use a priv still and the slide out touchpad is indeed what i like most about it. both for button based input and the capacative keyboard scrolling and zooming. the screen is a nice 1440p amoled so honestly it wouldn't be too terrible to buy one for that use case scenario if you don't care about white on black text. they're like $150 on ebay.

*blocks your path*

Attached: priv.jpg (2500x1667, 2.72M)

Guess that 2933/3000 cl16 is the max they can work out

to be honest, did you expect more of cheap 2400 sticks?

if mentions the 3 starter updates, where can I get them?
wsus offline says nothing to do

far less actually. Though i've seen people reaching 3200 cl14 on these exact sticks

Re: no keyboard input on motherboard boot screen after update . IF not the keyboard replacement and a different usb port THEN

goto board manufacturers' instructions as there might be a jumper that can be connected or something similar that flushes out the bios update and resets to original configurations,

Which might then fix the problem.

Good evening.

Huh, I guess I could try that, I'm not sure if I can stop it from doing that. Thanks, I will make proper backups again just to be sure and then try that

nvm [fixed]
brainlet user

Are there any decent virtual phone number services for phone verification?

Any script/extension/addon for twitter that appends the handle of an image that I save to the filename?

Are ping and latency the same thing?

Yeah basically. Ping is just a "standard" way to measure latency

Is Dell - S2419HGFa good buy for a gtx 1660 ti gpu? With a ryzen 5 2600?
Also hoy
Also can this gpu run 2 of these monitors without any issues?

ping describes the round trip time
latency describes one way

>prebuilts
Prepare to be bullied.

I thought it was the other way around? Ping is how long it takes the source to acknowledge and latency is for the original packet to go and come back?

So I can play games at high settings for hours. But recently I randomly get bsod freezes. It happens every on low settings, but only really in games. Killing Floor 2 and PoE, maybe more but those are the only ones I play right now.
I thought it could be ram but I replaced it and still happens.
I thought it could be "transients" I'm the PSU because it does seem to happen when things ramp up and there are a lot of stuff on the screen. Both of these games have segments of lull then segments of a lot of shit happening but I replaced the PSU too and it still happens.
I tried a new hard drive, I tried a chdsk
When I view the mini dump from the bsod it say stuff about HAL, and pushed, and mcupdate-genuinintel. So is it a hardware issue? My cpu and GPU stay cool afiak.
Wtf else do I try?

Ping works by sending a ping to another PC, starting a timer, and the other pc sends a pong back. The timer stops when you get the pong back.
How do you suppose your PC knows when the other pc got the ping?

Just out of curiosity have you updated to Windows 1903 recently?

Yes but it was happening before that too. That's kinda why I installed it

I torrent using a seedbox and with a VPN on GNU/Linux and BSD. Do I even need a VPN? These are very obsure operating systems, I doubt snoopers are made for them...

i'm following this guide:
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF
and i'm up to the "Ensuring that the groups are valid" part where i'm supposed to get an output of IOMMU groups by running that script, and i get no output. i followed everything above that, added the kernel parameters and enabled both "intel virtualization technology" and VT-d in the UEFI BIOS. is all hope lost? i would give up here except i'm certain that i got an output when i tried this some time ago on the same machine.

Seedbox is plenty, regardless of OS. Only reason to use a VPN is if tracker sites are blocked by ISP and changing DNS doesn't cut it.

There's nothing stopping someone on gittea from committing to github projects right, or do I need a github account?

I'm sick of skype, but it's all my parents know how to use. Does anyone know of a less botnetted program out there to do VOIP that is user-friendly to boomers on iphones?

unironically discord

After letting my concerns about information security be known to the boss, I have been tasked with coming up with a solution to the current password problem at my small office job. Basically people use each others' accounts on different portals on different companies' sites (we do a lot of business to business stuff) and everyone decided the best way to keep track of it all was an Excel document on an open network share. Also the password to get into the company bank account is on there, because fuck it why not.
Any ideas that would be simple to implement in an office full of old farts? I was thinking a password manager but I have no experience with them and was told we have to be able to regularly alter the password information and keep it accessible to everybody.

And for the record, "Just remember your goddamn passwords you fucking boomers" was already shot down.

Attached: 1551400339701.jpg (1368x2048, 280K)

where do i get the legendary windows ltsb?

There is no point of useing slightly less botnetted software because I like to think of privacy as its only as strong as the weakest link in the chain. You can use the most-secure software but if you use Widnows 10 as an OS it is worthless. Slightly-less botnetted software is still botnet, halfway between the truth and a lie is still a lie.
What I reccomend is (unironically) Discord. Maybe Signal (the messanger), but it is not really THAT private becuase you have to fork over your ohone number; you also can't compile it yourself so you dont know what is on your phone.
So Discord or Signal (open source).

fucking hell

Attached: Capture.png (512x164, 9K)

lastpass.com/solutions/business-password-manager

Require some sort of 2FA. Yubikeys are best, followed by app authenticators on their phone. Text authentication is more risky but not super likely if you're a small business.

LastPass glows in the dark. Don't use it.
BitWarden does not glow in the dark (I think).
KeePass and KeePassXC are based and repilled.

>glows in the dark
Fucking what? Lastpass is fine for business use.

its the cia niggers man

Thank you user.
I also appreciate your input and will look into those, but it's not my business so I couldn't give less of a shit if the CIA starts poking around. Plus we do government work all the time so if they cared they'd already be elbow deep in our shitholes.

thank you fren

Attached: 1553147881897.jpg (2048x1536, 422K)

I have an interview for a position that makes 90k~ on friday.

it's a senior position, I gave my resume to a recruiter.

I am a novice/decent at it. it was not my main focus, but I bought a book and have been studying it.

It's a step above what I'm able to do now, and I won't be able to explain the most advanced portions/solutions with memory alone.

but if I get it, I can burn the midnight oil if need be, apply myself and can perform the job.

how can I fake it til I make it

>he uses hardware raid
>he doesn't use linux

You can mount every device assigned by label or SN.
This allows you to move them to any port and it will mount it the same.

Print the spreadsheet and keep it in a lockbox, maybe with a combination lock. Paper is unhackable.
This is also the sort of solution that boomers would find reassuring.

Fish oil gelcaps and coffee.

last time I downloaded a rom (snes) it was with soulseek

Is there a way to install an unsuitable app on Android 4.3?

>prebuilts
Except its not its for a build that i have in mind.
>Prepare to be bullied
Stop projecting.

Stop cheating in counterstrike, and you won't have this problem

Anybody have any case recommendations for Red Magic 3. Preferably something everything proof.

Try using google i always find mine in there.

If all I intend to do is torrent anonymously, do I need to set up anything special with comodo along with the VPN I'm using?

Emuparadise but you need a workaround script.

Ok I'm currently watching an anime but the subtitles are too small and whenever I try to use default style it doesnt work? Subtitles are FFF btw.

is there any workaround for this? if not ill just dl another batch

Attached: Yona.jpg (1920x1080, 154K)

Are there any free, preferably open source programs for making phonecalls with my computer?

Random complete system freezing, nothing in logs, no switching to alternate consoles (linux). Can sometimes go hours before it happens
is this more likely to be motherboard or RAM?
I didn't see anything in memtest

Turn up the volume

haha

Can someone with a brain larger than a cashew (mine) tell me if I should nuke windows defender on 10 or not?

well do you use it?

>USB-C charging
>Replaceable RAM
>No dGPU(linux)
Does this laptop exist? It seems like the only things that use standard charging are macbook clones where everything is soldered together.

you can get laptops that /charge/ over usb?

I don't really know what use if any I get out of it. I am primarily worried about security from Microsoft spying on me etc.

Yeah up to 100w in spec. It's pretty common in premium ultrabooks that want to slim down on ports. Problem is I want one for standardization purposes and not because I want to shave off every microgram.

Is 22 too late to start learning how to code?

It's never too late. Just make sure you learn C.

What language should I learn if I'm just interested in making viruses and quake mods?

lolcode you tryhard

Sup lads, I recently got a laptop with only a 256 gb ssd as storage. I still have my old laptop which has a 1 tb 7200 rpm hdd with windows 10 installed. What I wanted to do is take my old laptop hdd and put it in my new laptop as secondary storage, whoever I don't want to format the hdd.
So my question is, can I put the hdd on my laptop and use it normally without havinf to format it? even with the hdd having win 10?

Not that guy but viruses make great testbeds for expirementation.

How am I a tryhard if I haven't started trying yet?

this is possible but I was not inclined to think so when they requested quake mods as well.

Your new laptop probably doesn't have the room to put it unless it's a relatively large gaming laptop.

It does, I just checked.

What's wrong with wanting to make quake mods?

Then yeah you can just put it in. May want to delete windows to free up space unless you intend on putting it back one day.