Hey guys

Hey guys,

Ive got some money to upgrade one part of my PC, what should I upgrade?

Thanks in advance!

Attached: What should i upgrade.png (643x399, 17K)

What are you going to do with it? gaming? render work?

Gaming and movies.

how much money are we talking about?

gpu

PSU

950 is weak and that cpu is only a 4 thread. I'm an intel fan but seems you need at least a 2600 Ryzen and at least a 1060 if you can find one.

Upgrade your OS
(ie install Gentoo)

Gpu or ssd

Find a used cheap 1060 6gb and sell your 950

Only GPU. CPU should hold for a year or two more at least. 16GB of RAM is plenty still, only GPU stands out as the shittiest.

Are there still benefits of running dual videocards? Also is it even possible? I was looking at a 1060 6gb, was wondering if i can use my 950 side to side with it?

You're kidding right?

Ok, This has to be a ruse.

I think you should consider investing in a whole new PC, all your hardware is ancient, how can you even browse the web with that.
Everyone should upgrade to the latest i9 each time intel releases a new one only poor people stick with old shit and budget CPUs, and you don't even have 128GB of ram? What are you a ramlet? And I hope that's a 140Hz monitor, did you know some people browsing Jow Forums right now still use 60Hz screens? Insane I know.

I remember seeing old battlestation threads of people with 2 video cards, back in like 2013, i just dont know how they did it.

No you can't link 2 different cards together.

Oh, sorry, i honestly didnt know.Seems like i was falling for the bait, thanks the help tho guys, ive embarrassed myself enough for today it seems.

The best bang for the buck would come from upgrading your GPU or adding an SSD. Buying a used 1060 or a cheap 250 GB SSD to use as a game library are both good options.

You could buy a second 950 and run them in SLI. That would likely result in a significant FPS gain in some games, but not all games support SLI. SLI can also result in stuttering, so I don't consider SLI to be a good option.

It would also be possible to run a second graphics card without SLI. You could use your 950 as a dedicated physx card and the new card for the bulk of the rendering. I don't recommend it though. The performance benefit of keeping your 950 would be negligible, so you'd mostly be wasting electricity.

>general shit SSD
>gayman 1060 6GB or bettter
>work loads save for discounted 1000 or 2000 ryzen setup. Maybe 2nd hand complete system.

for gaming? GPU

CPU, there are 233 vulnerabilites listed on CVE details for intel.

The entire thing

used 1060 6GB and you'll be good

Upgrade GTX950, to NVMe SSD or Mobo+CPU

If you dare to, you can also mod your BIOS and also slap a 8400/9400/9600K/8600K in there (8700K/9700K might be a bit of a stretch)