Design trends

>Apple popularized Skeuomorphism (pic related)
>Google killed it and popularized flat "material" design
What's next?

Attached: 1557244023652.png (836x281, 136K)

I miss when everything had those reflections like premium download links

hopefully the end of flatshit

>flash buttons
fuck that garbage

semi flat design is probably the final form for standard displays it's very functional

>implying Skeuomorphism was not functional
Skeuomorphism is peak design, and talentless hacks at google killed it because it was beyond their skillset

it's useless bling
computer interfaces rightfully have very little to do with physical calendars

Ultraflat: constant use of white backgrounds and icons with zero detail. Started by Microsoft and popularized by Apple and Google.

Attached: 1543383768711.png (1680x1126, 610K)

>Started by Microsoft and popularized by Apple and Google.
fuck no you retard, microsoft only went with ultraflat with windows 8 by following the then already popular trend, which google pushed to the end.

I like this, despite being too young to have ever used it. It's minimalistic (by necessity) but still vey clear. And pressing those buttons is just very satisfactory.
It's a shame it won't come back because people associate it with outdated technology.

Attached: serveimage.gif (640x480, 10K)

2 tone flat

Something exactly like this will never come back, but the principles behind it and are pretty similar.

Windows 8 came out in 2012, Material Design didn't come out until 2014

material design is just flag + shadow. flat was already a thing before win8

>I like this
you're a hipster autistic who has never used that garbage and doesn't know how shit it was in practice.

They have the same cleanliness, but in old Windows disign language you had a nice separation of differenr areas of the window with easy to see lines/boxes. Also, those buttons. Clicking on a flatshit button is like typing on a macbook keyboard.

The OS itself was shit, but this is a thread about design. Don't tell me you thing Flat looks better than 3.11.

Actually Apple started this flat shit nonsense with their rainbow colored iOS that people hated.

I didn't even mention flatshit or anything other than the old windows garbage you posted sucked fucking ass. stop wanking over old shit you never had to use.

>Apple started this flat shit nonsense with their rainbow colored iOS
iOS had Skeuomorphism you dipshit

Attached: 1556968832443.jpg (1200x800, 151K)

skeumorphism was implemented specifically because they thought their users were too dumb for a regular gui

pretty sure he's specifically referring to ios 7 which everyone despised

>too dumb
nice cope, flatfag. Skeuomorphism is naturally aesthetic. it makes sense.

pretty sure iOS 7 wasn't first with that flatshit design

This apple "wood and leather" design was because Steve jobs had a similar design in his private jet and wanted to show off or something like that.

why should my computer imitate the things it is designed to replace

why should your computer have a gui with zero effort put into making it look good? are you autistic?

Skeuomorphism reminds me a lot of the old shitty Android versions, nothing to be missed

flat UI is less obtrusive and lets the content come into focus
do you think a plain printed page in a book is ugly?

>flat UI is less obtrusive and lets the content come into focus
focus is exactly what flat memeshit lacks. there is no emphasis on anything. it's just one big mess.

i mean jobs said so himself that was why they went for skeumorphs in the first place but you do you man

>Jobs thought skeuomorphic design made products easier to use because users could draw from their existing experiences with real-world objects. In fact, the graphical user interface on Apple’s Lisa was designed to feel like a real world ‘desktop’ — something users already understand because they’re familiar with their office desk space.

tell me how fake leather makes your calendar program easier to use

exactly
thanks for proving my point

How can you be this retarded? There is 1 single thing in an icon that's supposed to represent the app you're using. Skeuomorphism adds a whole bunch of shit that's there because muh graphical effex !!

your point was exaggerated garbage
with flatshit there is no emphasis on the content, because nothing is contained or categorized, everything is just thrown into the same box. it sucks, but I guess zoomers like you don't know it any other way.

>he thinks Skeuomorphism ends with icons
retard look at the OP.

and you still proved my point right despite that

not really, reductionism doesn't make for a good point. when you throw out all the details that make it what it is, you're not even referring to the same thing anymore.

cope more bud

for every poorly organized flat design today there were a dozen iphone apps that functioned worse because they needed to look like tape decks and polaroid cameras

>can't make an argument
yeah ok

your argument was "nuh uh" so I'll do the same

>making shit up
show me examples of where Skeuomorphism was hindering function.

you can always cherry , but the design language can't be blamed for low IQ retards making shit tier software.

Yeah, Microsoft called it Metro and started it with the Zune and Windows Phone 7

Oh yes, of course. Clearly the software was at fault every time for not making REAL SKEUMORPHISM work

>started it
no they didn't and it sure as fuck didn't start with win7

ok so if I show you modern software that sucks it means the issue is material design? and if I show you old software that sucks, the issue is the GUI design of old windows? so any software I show you that sucks, the issue is the GUI design language?

aero > metro

Care to post some examples of modern flat design before 2010

Skeumorphism fucking sucked.

Material design almost has a utilitarian feel in how simple it is, almost every app has the exact same setup and feel these days because it fucking works

Attached: d6slxno-ca313e9a-461a-472f-b5b7-966424f61015.png (767x419, 285K)

>cherry picks garbage
that is not even normal Skeuomorphism, it's badly made in every way, and whoever made that couldn't make a decent material design gui either.

even the worst material design app at least follows some basic cookiie cutter usability guidelines

Attached: original_bbad546f1475bb3162eb0e3c10bcebd1.jpg (300x317, 36K)

you're posting shit tier layout of gui, it has nothing to do with the aesthetics. those retards still make garbage guis in material design. besides, you're cherry picking GUIs not made by UX Designers.

Here, i'll give you one for free because all you can do is whine and say NOT THAT ONE NO and have literally not posted one example

Skeumorphism's only real use today is in audio design, where the design not only harkens back to the real life equivalent of the audio program, such as a guitar amplifiier, but lets them stand out in a setting where you may have multiple, MULTIPLE instances of these programs running at the same time and can tell them apart easier

But not telling them apart is easy to differentiate without it, most DAW's let you color code channels and instruments. And honestly, unless you're chasing a specific sound or synthesizer, the use of these nostalgic designs is becoming less and less useful.

Attached: klanghelm-dc8c-146997.jpg (872x432, 96K)

>cherry picks audio plugins made by audio people made specifically to emulate real life audio devices
you're hopeless.

You sure convinced me, what with all those amazing examples, well thought out posts and reasonable discussion

Seriously, give me literally one fucking reason to care about your posts

Attached: Dtb2QmJU0AElaZn.jpg (800x600, 79K)

>and now this literal meme pic
stop replying to me if you're just gonna waste time

You can keep your greentext and die mad

>I want to be able to allow

This type of sentence works with the 120 IQ people who used computers in the 90s, not the, erm, 85 IQ people who browse worldstarhiphop.

Ironic humor, pragmatism.

lol expect apple got rid of forstall and changed it themselves

nothing to do with google they had shitty ICS at the time

not him but you are a stupid fucking asshole
chill out

Attached: based_boomer.jpg (725x638, 81K)

digital brutalism. Think a high contrast grey theme like early MS operating systems but actually good because of antialiased fonts.

>brutalism

Attached: 1556899190504.gif (495x297, 963K)

i hate this, it's hard to tell what the structure is, or what things are
the thing i hate most about these kinds of UIs is buttons with "symbolic" icons and no text, so often you have no idea what it does until you click on it

Attached: a.jpg (1680x1126, 443K)

>how_to_save_999_USD.jpg

kek

Attached: 1559612992833.jpg (640x601, 58K)