Only language you will ever need

Only language you will ever need.

Attached: basedRust.png (1200x1200, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

doc.rust-lang.org/1.9.0/book/lifetimes.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It makes simple things conceptually hard to model, it has an ugly syntax for no valid reasons, it suffers from the "let's add any useless feature in it" C++ disease and the community behind it couldn't be more bigot.
In all honesty is a decent language and I like the theory behind it, but it doesn't deserve it's fame and popularity. It should've flopped as version 1.0 came out with all its unfulfilling promises.

d-dilate you fucking d-discord tranny

Attached: doritouwot.jpg (491x585, 29K)

Where are you guys coming with this "ugly syntax" crap? You know what's ugly? Templates.

>use sepples, forget to call free, have memory leak
>use rust, forget to call mem::forget, have segfault

Just because Sepples is more ugly doesn't mean that Rust isn't ugly too.

Since I learned how to use Result and ?, I don't have this uneducated opinion anymore.

>forget
Compiler will warn you.

Templates in D are actually pretty decent and metaprogramming in C++ is (sadly) better than metaprogramming in Rust. It's a known problem of C++ and they are improving it in C++20 (see SFINAE).
More importantly, saying that Rust syntax is better than C++ templates metaprogramming syntax doesn't make it any good. They are both ugly.

it's comfy

Well it's not as pretty as Haskell or Ocaml, fine, but it's still much better.

So how do you like your transgender mascot Snibbidy Snab?

fn foo () { ... }

fn foo(bar: &'a T)
where
T: Foo,
&'a T::Iterable: IntoIterator,

It is an awful syntax. Saying that is not as ugly as an uglier thing doesn't make it good. It's a new language and they had the opportunity to make different choices. They don't even have an excuse for not making it C-like.
Anyways, its awful syntax is not it's major problem by any means.

>muh templates
Rust syntax is also filled with :: and hell.

What the fuck

So, the rust is good for safely memory management, right? But, wouldn't it be better and faster if a gc is used to deallocate memory when necessary, instead of doing it every time? Just like the os releases commited memory when ram usage is high.

Any language that has a GC is immediately excluded from the systems programming language club.
But Rust is a pretty shitty systems programming language for other reasons.

But with nim, for example, you can call the gc manually. So, you would only deallocate memory when you are not running anything else. What I mean is that deallocating memory all the time would make it slower.

Nobody cares. If you've got a GC, even if it's optional, systems programmers are just not interested.

I raise

Attached: 306px-ISO_C++_Logo.svg.png (306x344, 15K)

Rust inherited the ugly from SEPPLES since it's made by SEPPLES devs.

This isn't harder to read than some equally-sized template soup in C++.

It's not even better tho. It's equally shitty, but C++ became ugly over the years while Rust is born just as ugly as their tranny supporters.

so its great if you just drop your standards below the floor

>"let's add any useless feature in it"
ironically, they removed at least one good feature, green threads

>But, wouldn't it be better and faster if a gc is used to deallocate memory when necessary, instead of doing it every time?
No. Freeing memory is cheap, and garbage collection is very expensive.

yes, we have heard this before. It was Ruby, now it is Javascript.

Mother of god

only problem i have with rust is the people in community are sjws and faggots. i try to cope with it because i like the language

It can happen that an auto gc makes the whole program run faster than manual deallocating like you mention, but it's an extremely rare event and I'm pretty sure in all those cases it would be better to use object pooling techniques.

>pic not related

>What are automatic variables?

That's why C++ containers support custom allocators so you can say use an object pool to source nodes for a std::list or allocate a std::vector within shared-memory for zero-copy IPC.

I unironically agree

First one can be
fn foo()
where
T: std::ops::MulAssign,
T: std::convert::From,
{
}
cause T is already implicitly Sized. The second one is pretty nonsensical, but as far as syntax, yeah that's what it looks like. A where block is a lot nicer than the enable_if blob you'd write in C++. What languages have comparably expressive signatures but better syntax?

People who argue about what programming languages to use rather than actually programming are a plague and should be deported to Mexico.

You can also just write From instead of std::convert::From

Disgusting

I see shit like this and I just want to stop learning rust
what the fcuk is with the 'a 'b shit
> &'a

I'm a massive rust shill and this is flat out nonsense. Use the right tool for the job. Rust is rarely that. Enjoy programming a GUI with it fucktard.

Another language you will never need.

FTFY

Explicit lifetimes, not really needed in most cases

Software safety doesn't matter anymore now that all cpus have wide open hardware flaws.

based OP, low IQ Jow Forumstards will never understand tho

go back to Jow Forumsnode faggot

Thanks, you know C fags are too jealous because they don't have safety.

* if you're a tranny

They are not even C fags, they just claim to be, experienced C/C++ devs are the ones who appreciate Rust the most. It's not just the memory safety, it's the powerful features and ecosystem of the language that cannot be matched in any other ultra performant compiled languages

C/C++, Java/Scala literally can do anything and its compatible with JNI/JNA.
From robots to websites.

And how is Rust better for embedded?
So far it doesn't seem better than C++ when you look at its compile size some are claiming 2mb for a simple hello world.

i need 80 - 250 byte.
Even c++ gives like 2k bytes if its coded bloated.

But muh green threads aren't zero cost!
It's totally okay to add a bajillion useless features as long as they are zero cost abstractions!!!11

>c/c++
>java/scala
Yikes.

Attached: 1561036016122.png (596x391, 132K)

unsafe { any useful code}
Great language, tranny

Fug..

/Thread

LOOKS LIKE SHIT
this is what good understandable languages looks like
ld a, 56 ;loads 56 into the accumulator
ld de, $8800 ;loads the address 0x8800
ld (de), a ;stores the contents of a the address in de

Damn even C is more readable.

ldir ; load data increment repeat

hello world in Rust is ~200K after stripping the binary

Show us a function with generics in C.

Haskell and some languages with dependent types I think. I'm not sure what that Rust signature means though (the second one from the previous post).

C is very clean and readable, it's C++ metaprogramming that is a template clusterfuck... but then again, Rust managed to make the situation even worse.

How is it even possible to be such a shitty program?
Hello world in z80 assembly is a few bytes

Hahhaha

>They don't even have an excuse for not making it C-like
Why do you need an excuse to not make your language shit?

Missed the point. Back to plebbit you go.

Show me a function with generics in Assembly first.

It would be hundreds of lines of boiler plate instead of generics, just like C.

Now show me working rust code that doesnt compile down to instructions for the CPU as is assembly.

Embedded support libraries and windows/linux libraries etc..
It makes larger programs smaller but small programs large.

I.e. shitty compiler

Don't know what you're trying to say.

What does the 'a mean? A derived a variable?

C is terrible fucking language with trash synatx. So they didn't need excuse to copy it. If anything it looks to much like C

The syntax is the worst I've seen, like someone said 'lets make C++ look clean', the community is SJW poison and the language is a sprawling mess that literally proves the old adage of 'Too many cooks spoil the broth'.

Attached: borrow-checker.jpg (1281x713, 94K)

doc.rust-lang.org/1.9.0/book/lifetimes.html

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 9.09.33 AM.png (807x636, 99K)

It's not just made for embedded stuff.
Of course, a GOOD compiler would allow you to choose.

See

It's an explicit lifetime and sometimes, no matter what, you have to write it. It's very very often required in structures.
Also, in structures sometimes is required to define phantom data (variables of 0 bit) that are literally useless (it's not real data) if not to please the compiler.

That's a perl tier trash. They had freedom to build declarative and safe language from ground up. As they boasted. Instead they tried to please old school crowd and failed miserably.

row row row your boat
gently down the stream
far away from were you're wrong
gently down the stream

Just gonna assume you didn't have a point to make.

Point is you're a retard. Retard.

Not an argument.

He already made an argument in his first post, and you didn't come back with anything

>remove channels from rust for no reason
>remain unused and obscure despite having a loud tranny hype crew
well done

>tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny

Jow Forums argument against Rust in a nutshell, keep seething, the language is being used more and more in the biggest companies in the world. Facebook just used it to develop libra, Amazon is using it for their serverless business. Cloudlfare is using it to power their proxy servers. Google is using it in their next-gen OS Fuchsia, Dropbox uses it in both frontend and backend.

Why don't you just admit it, I mean the ones who actually studies or work in the field, that you are too brainlet to understand this powerful language?

But I did, since C doesn't have generics it's not comparable. Show me a way to write implementations for generics in a better way than Rust and you have something. Saying something like "even assembly is more readable" is just fucking retarded.

>>tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny
>Jow Forums argument against Rust in a nutshell, keep seething, the language is being used more and more in the biggest companies in the world. Facebook just used it to develop libra, Amazon is using it for their serverless business. Cloudlfare is using it to power their proxy servers. Google is using it in their next-gen OS Fuchsia, Dropbox uses it in both frontend and backend.
>Why don't you just admit it, I mean the ones who actually studies or work in the field, that you are too brainlet to understand this powerful language?
DILATE

yeah the syntax isnt the same as C, whats the deal here guys >:(

>Generic programming is a style of computer programming in which algorithms are written in terms of types to-be-specified-later that are then instantiated when needed for specific types provided
its just bytes you fucking retard i dont have to do shit in assembly i just load a byte doesnt matter what the fuck the byte is supposed to represent

Functional languages are a better way to write generics than Rust. Assembly is a better way to optimize code than Rust. Rust is a middle of nowhere tranny langue designed so pajeets don't fuck up the code i.e. "safe"

Have you ever heard of C / C++ before? What if i told you Rust is aiming to fill pretty much the same niche

We've had generics since fucking 1973 and the rust tranny shills act like its new groundbreaking features of their language

Are you retarded? SML based syntax is the best one.

Currying literally just works and type signatures clean up functions

>Functional languages are a better way to write generics
You don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about do you

fuck off you retarded NEET, you don't even know what you're talking about retard, assembly?! fucking retard!

I know that. And it fails with it's perl tier shitty syntax. Honestly I'd rather learn Haskell than writing this garbage looking code

yeah yeah have sex incel neet
you know CPU instruction sets are in still use today right?
and you wonder why people respond with dilate tranny
pfft you rust shills are fucking pathetic