Paid iOS Jow Forums app - feature requests

Professional software engineer here working on a paid iOS Jow Forums app targeting iPhones for now. I'm thinking of charging $15 dollars for it since I'm going to be going all out on it.

I use Clover on my android devices every day and love it. But, it does lack. Tell me what features absolutely must exist for you to consider purchasing a Jow Forums app on an Apple device.

Attached: apple_bend_orig[1].jpg (800x800, 221K)

being free as in freedom

For $15 it better suck my dick

before you begin, it's worth noting that Apple has banned all Jow Forums apps from the App Store. why else do you think there arent any currently?

what open source Jow Forums surfer are you pushing?

What open source android/ios app are there for Jow Forums?

Integrated filtering features.

Ahh, but it would be a 4channel app.

i'd never spend $15 on any app, you fucking jew

lemme correct myself, Apple has banned all "chan" apps across the board from the App Store

no one is going to pay for what a browser does for free. you're wasting your time

>$15 Jow Forums app
Absolutely disgusting. Way higher than regular app prices. You will sell 3 copies.

Good luck. No one is going to buy it. Not when you can use apps like Fortune for free. Also, good luck charging money for an iPhone app without the iOS app store. All Jow Forums apps either get denied outright or pulled within a week. If Tumblr had to ban all NSFW content just to get their app back in the app store, what makes you think a Jow Forums app is welcome? Dipshit.

Can't you just not open up Jow Forums by default? Aka you need to enter the URL and then it will load Jow Forums. That way, the app is "useless" and has no content unless the user himself enters something to load?

There are apps. You just have to use cydia injector to install them or jailbreak.

See

>Professional software engineer here working on a paid iOS Jow Forums app targeting iPhones for now. I'm thinking of charging $15 dollars for it since I'm going to be going all out on it.
this is why software engineers usually don't make business decisions at any company that has anyone other than a software engineer

How would you advertise its purpose outside of the app store so that people know to download it and connect it to Jow Forums?

>Can't you just not open up Jow Forums by default
you mean in the browser? of course you can. OP is talking about an app that'll let you save threads and watchlist and whatever

>You just have to use cydia
good luck finding someone who'll pay $15 for an app on Cydia

>15$ Jow Forums app
I don't care if you target iOS, Android or the fucking Zeebo. If you think people will pay 15$ for a Jow Forums app you are delusional.

>must be good at playing WEBMs+audio, let you scrub through them, no AIDS buffering
>True Dark Mode (aka pure black for OLED) is an absolute must
>allow you to change the filename before posting (you probably need to have the image loaded into the app and then ask the user for the filename). TheChan renames every image to image.jpg so I know it's possible
>allow you to bookmark posts in-app and organize them in folders
>PLEASE PUT IN FILTER SUPPORT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
TheChan is pretty much perfect but those last three bullets would make any chan app worthy of God himself.

$15 seems like a fair price, considering how much time I spend here. Only if it's really well made though. And make sure you don't name it anything "chan" or "4" related as they probably won't allow your app onto the store if you try that. Name it something obscure, and keep the description vague.

Attached: image.jpg (1125x1107, 286K)

I'm going to report yourapp to Apple as soon as you publish it. iToddlers deserve to eat Hiro's malicious ads.

I wouldn't advertise how to connect to Jow Forums at all - which is the workaround I intend to use.

I personally don't care if no one purchases this $15 dollar app. It's a filter to weed out people. This is a a serious hobby project coming out from my frustration with a legit good Jow Forums ios app. I've tried the sideloaded ones and they are just not good.

Kind of disappointed at the lack of feature requests though (besides the filtering features). Drop your qualms about the app store and tell me your desires. :)

Yes, your app will get pulled from the store eventually. But just shill it on here a few times and people will buy it before Tim AIDS gets to it.

$15 isn't that absurd. OP is making an app that will only be sellable for a limited amount of time, and I'd rather pay a one time fee than a fucking subscription like every other app requires.

Wonderful suggestions, thank you. WebM is at the very top of my list, I like the idea of being able to organize bookmarks into folders - had not thought of that.

for just $5 more I could get a Jow Forums pass

That's not what I said. Cydia Injector is a program that lets you install apps manually. You download the ipa file and use Cydia Injector to install the app

Filename is most important to me, personally.

Yeah I have to scroll through like 200 404'd bookmarks in the chan before I can even get to the recent stuff. Regardless I'm glad to see a likeminded and capable person trying to tackle this.

I want a threaded mode. Like how Reddit is, but because you can multi-reply on Jow Forums, I want an option to auto-hide the comments I have already seen. This way, I can scroll down and view replies in an organized manner without seeing repeating posts and I can view the hidden replies if I wanted to.

Please tell me I'm not the only person who wants this shit!

Attached: 502012120_univ_lsr_xl[1].jpg (1200x600, 192K)

Nope. Because I don't use iToys.

There is quite literally no feature you could add to your app that would make me "consider purchasing a Jow Forums app on an Apple device".

nobody pays more than $5 for an app you stupid fucking nigger, kys

ignore this man

>desires

Attached: 1555646268697.gif (1221x1007, 142K)

Retard

Exactly why the OP is charging $15. It's to filter out the retards like you - every dick and harry being completely and utterly useless. :)

why would he make a post on Jow Forums if he wants to filter out the exact kind of person that spends time here?

Literally just make clover for ios, keep it updated, and I will buy it.

dont charge anything for it schlomo

>OP filters out macfags by charging money for something that can be done for free
That's not how you filter out retards; that's how you attract them.

I would also like if you had a catalog view like clover.
I really feel like, when I’m using The Chan, it’s just less intuitive than is clover in general.

New thread:

>filter out retards like you
it only shows posts from people who purchased the app? why would anyone pay $15 to only speak to complete un-filtered retards when i can do that for free like this

Attached: 13758903.gif (498x278, 1.69M)

Good thing its a channel app

Attached: 0041 - pz7fCP9.jpg (1195x1151, 233K)