What are your thoughts on the upcoming new Nvidia Shield? Will it still be the best set top box?

What are your thoughts on the upcoming new Nvidia Shield? Will it still be the best set top box?

Attached: 5709686_sd.jpg (1451x937, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wife_acceptance_factor
walmart.com/ip/TCL-55-Class-4K-Ultra-HD-2160p-Dolby-Vision-HDR-Roku-Smart-LED-TV-55R617/226776819
walmart.com/ip/TCL-55-Class-4K-Ultra-HD-2160p-Dolby-Vision-HDR-Roku-Smart-LED-TV-55S517/377184158?athcpid=377184158&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVUB&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=45c9deb6-4e5-16b75290b5fca5&athena=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What are your thoughts on the upcoming new Nvidia Shield?
It's good.

>Will it still be the best set top box?
Yes.

That has gonna be one of the ugliest controllers I have ever seen. Does it support k&m?

>Does it support k&m?
Yes. A lot of people get a Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard with built in trackpad to use with their TV.

Also you can buy the Shield without the included controller, which is what anyone sane would do.

vs the old one whats different?

I too worry about my controller being detected by radar.

came here to post this
knowing the switch is basically an underclocked shield gives me an OCD

Attached: brofist.jpg (470x368, 31K)

>it still be the best set top box?
That's not the One S.

You are a complete idiot.

I kind of want one just to play MGS2 in HD.

What about the PS3 port?

720p isn't good enough.

Pretty sure it runs at 1080p. MGS3 does.

Looks like a toy.

Just build a real PC & get a wireless keyboard & mouse.

Then what would the point of shilling the new nvidia shield be?

Retard

Nope, 720p with msaa for both versions.

Why there aren't good chink android Tv box?

Attached: __matou_sakura_fate_stay_night_and_etc_drawn_by_haoni__e3f2784996abc79f0afc5d8539a9a129.png (848x1200, 833K)

Show me a PC capable of decoding 4k@60fps+HDR local playback, network playback (Kodi and plex) and easy access to full quality streaming for all platforms (YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go). Bonus points if it is anywhere near the shield's price and power consumption.

After you finish, search for some alternatives to Nvidia game streaming and running retro emulators and the required effort to get something like that running.

>2019
>still don't realize that Jow Forums is /v/, only worse.

>network playback
brainlet here, so I can just plug in some USB HDDs in this shits, connect said shits to my network, and have myself a NAS of sorts?

What SoC is it based on?

yeah you belong there

Why are they still making these things? Wasn't the last one such a commercial flop they ended up flogging all of their chips to Nintendo?

I was referring to network playback with the shield as a client, but I think it could also work a server. Get some SMB server app or Plex server, connect some USB drive and Ethernet and you should be good to go.

>he thinks the shield will be able to do 4k at 60fps on nongarbage settings
>muh effort

lol

>new Nvidia Shield
>new
?

As long as they upgrade the chip and it doesn't result in a crazy price premium it will be successful. The current one is already the best Android TV box in the market, chinks can't compete.

It never was a high volume product, it was more of a showcase for the Tegra X1 chip which is indeed used in the switch and for Nvidia game streaming. The sad thing is that it is still the best Android TV experience that you can get today, by far, and one of the best media consoles. It can decode almost anything, runs smooth and has gigabit Ethernet.

>>he thinks the shield will be able to do 4k at 60fps on nongarbage settings
source: your ass
>>muh effort
When you're a NEET and your time has no value, effort is indeed not an issue.

>Never used a shield, the post.

It really shows how shit the hw in the Switch is, a downclocked SoC from a failed 3 year old set-top-box.

What did you expect from Nintendo? They never used high end parts even on their wall-tethered consoles.

He's talking about video, not games you retard.

I think Nvidia's bigger problem is that *everyone* knows they fucking suck to work with in any capacity. The X1 is pretty good, as demonstrated by the Switch contrary to that other poster, and yet nobody wants it because why the fuck would they want to work with Nvidia?

A locked down SOC, Nvidia will want their own software deployed with them etc.

>They never used high end parts

Attached: GameCube-Set.jpg (3760x2110, 2.33M)

That's FUCKING UGLY! Besides that, Nvidia Shield cannot compare to Stadia. Google wins again, and rightfully so.

A $500 Walmart Chink TV can do all of that video playback on its own

Pic related can do emulation and game streaming through Steam

Attached: file.png (1169x466, 72K)

I still got the old one, 2015 or 2016

It's fantastic and still updated,
And only Android box that can play my hi10p animu without shitting itself

I tried to game with remote play from my PC (gtx970) but even over Ethernet there's still some input lag and h264 compression artefacts

>Pic related can do emulation and game streaming through Steam
LMAO if you put a PC, even mini, near your living room TV no woman will ever open her legs for you

You need to be 18 to post here

Did they fix the laggy remote that ignores input? Did they give it hardware volume buttons instead of a bad touchscreen slider? Game streaming is a failed meme also. Google will fail in this as well.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wife_acceptance_factor

>A $500 Walmart Chink TV can do all of that video playback on its own
Show me one then. 4k@60fps+dolby vision and all streaming platforms.
>Pic related can do emulation and game streaming through Steam
And that's already more expensive than the shield, with no OS.

They're still trying?
Nintendo is pretty much the only good choice for selling the tegra chips.

Did they finally get around to paying for a damn Dolby Vision license? Does the youtube app do HDR now?

My next set-top purchase will wait till av1 hardware decoding.

>Show me one then. 4k@60fps+dolby vision and all streaming platforms.
walmart.com/ip/TCL-55-Class-4K-Ultra-HD-2160p-Dolby-Vision-HDR-Roku-Smart-LED-TV-55R617/226776819
$530 here

>more expensive than the shield
>nu-Shield is gonna cost more than $200 initially
>with no OS
>2019
>paying for an OS

walmart.com/ip/TCL-55-Class-4K-Ultra-HD-2160p-Dolby-Vision-HDR-Roku-Smart-LED-TV-55S517/377184158?athcpid=377184158&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVUB&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=45c9deb6-4e5-16b75290b5fca5&athena=true
Here's one for $400, but it doesn't use QLED

They suck to work with because semi-custom peasants expect bottom of the barrel margin while nvidia commands higher gross margin than most of the companies that want their stuff. Obviously that's not going to work out and they're going to whine about it

I got it with the controller since it was on sale for $10 more and I just use the controller on my PC.
It's surprisingly decent, especially for beat em ups.
I would use the Xbone controller more, but the bumpers on that think fucking SUCK.

>>Show me one then. 4k@60fps+dolby vision and all streaming platforms.
>walmart.com/ip/TCL-55-Class-4K-Ultra-HD-2160p-Dolby-Vision-HDR-Roku-Smart-LED-TV-55R617/226776819
>$530 here
Damn, you americans have it well with the chink brands. Can't wait to see how Trump bans all of them.

>>more expensive than the shield
>>nu-Shield is gonna cost more than $200 initially
>>with no OS
>>paying for an OS

I'm taking about existing products, you autist. Also:
>pay more for a device which does less
>is also louder, more power hungry and requires 10 times more space
>also have to put the parts together, install an OS and fiddle with either piracy or Linux

The state of Jow Forums everybody.

X1 can easily use 20w compared to the 200GEs 35w
Maybe that difference is significant in whatever shithole has you paying that much for electricity

>pay more for a device which does less
>new computer somehow does less than a 4 year old Android box
>also have to put the parts together, install an OS and fiddle with either piracy or Linux
Holy shit why are you even on this board?

Nice cherry-picking there. You should also try getting out of your mom's basement and get a job. You'll understand then the value of your time and devices that work out of the box.

And yes, your "new" computer, that you configured for TV usage, is not able to even to output 4k@60fps, nor HDR and will not be able to stream 4k from any of the popular streaming services. Great job there.

>not able to even to output 4k@60fps, nor HDR
Except it can, it's not 2014 anymore
>not be able to stream 4k from any of the popular streaming services
Any TV made in the last 5 years outside of 720p turds can do that natively

t. Huang

It has HDMI 1.4 you fucking mong. Good thing you have the time and skills to put a Lego together.

>also try getting out of your mom's basement and get a job
cope

Just buy a motherboard with HDMI 2.0

Attached: file.png (1200x1000, 732K)

All Raven Ridge APUs support HDMI 2.0