Plex vs Emby vs Jellyfin

Which is the ultimate media server software? What do you use and why?

Attached: pvevj.jpg (740x400, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ZeroQI/Absolute-Series-Scanner
twitter.com/AnonBabble

EMBY!

Jellyfin because it's the only one of those that is free software. Plex and Emby are proprietary garbage - always have been despite stating otherwise at times.

jriver

Plex if you share with normie friends, definitely

Will a jellyfin iOS app ever be made?

Emby is shit-tier for their shitty client and server pricing models. Jellyfin is barely-usable-tier for it's lack of basic clients and subtitle support. Plex is meh-tier for garbage performance.
There are no true winners in the end.

call me when jellyfin has apps for mainstream devices like roku, and not that hacky use the emby app bullshit

Plex because it continued to make Embyfags salty as fuck because they flexed MUH FREE SOFTWARE IS BETTER THAN PLEX when it was literally no different, and then it went proprietary, and it’s shit. The most recent bug deleted the entire library for some users when they just wanted to delete one movie

L
M
A
O

Freetards BTFO

I tried them all I'd rather stick with mpv desu. they all look like shit, their player suck, and you can't customize anything.
that said I don't need transcoding I don't even know why I tried

Plex is objectively the best in terms of functionality and compatibility.

This.

I use freenas and kodi. what do these media servers do? why might I want one?

They allow you to stream your servers content to other devices locally or over the internet. Including phones

Maybe look up on their websites?

SFTP

Plex if awfully botnetty. But that's what makes it good. Wouldn't host any kompromat on it, though.

No.

basically a fancy gui for your movies

its shit and nothing a directory indexed webserver and proper file organization doesnt solve

idiot.

>mpv
Are you retarded? These are software tools for running a media server. They aren't supposed to be used as a client side only player

Plex is far more competent, and Emby's "lifetime" package is a complete scam. Jellyfinn is far too immature. Honestly at this point i'd be into Kodi developing their own backend further.

Anybody got a good rec for a home NAS to use for backups and sticking all my media on and pointing then pointing my Plex server at it? Why do they all come with a bunch of flashy shit like Itunes integration? I just want a box to shove some long lasting hard drives in and use RAID to ensure if one goes my data isn't gone.

Attached: 8102ShYNETL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x900, 75K)

>no Kodi

Kodi isn't much of a server, even with a shared database

so does freenas

elaborate

compared to Plex or Emby kody is total crap

I'm using plex because it can scrape all my anime without having to rename it.

I’m using Plex and Emby, but looks like Emby is better! it have much more flexibility in library and metadata management and also it use latest MPV version while plex is struck with some older version. also Emby is able to use MadVR and this is very important for native HDR playback

Emby has better anime scraper engine than Plex !

>What do you use and why?
plex, it just werks™

Really? I'm using this github.com/ZeroQI/Absolute-Series-Scanner
And it scans all my library.
When I was looking into Emby people said in their forums you have to rename your stuff, and that's not really an option to me because I need my files intact so I can seed them.

Just use an old PC, NAS is a meme for retards who can’t plug wires into shit.

Emby have plugin called “Anime” and it scrape from all known anime sources. anidb, myanimelist, tvdb, etc ...
It also allows editing metadata by entering series ID number

Plex especially need files to be properly named!
I was need to rename all my files and episode names with Filebot because Plex didn’t even recognized half of my collection

I'll try it then, if it can scan my library I'll use it.

I have wasted a lot of time on Plex and even paid for premium one year and now realized that Emby is definitely better ( emby also require payment if you want to use emby theatre)

DS3018xs filled with 6 x HGST HE12 in RAID6

Attached: 20190620_133633.jpg (2560x1440, 735K)

doesn't adress anything I said
i know what a media server is, id rather use sftp and mpv until they stop being trash