New Jow Forums app feature requests

What features in your current Jow Forums app or web browser are you lacking? What would make Jow Forums more comfy for you to browse and take part in? Remove all limits from your mind!

I saw another thread get derailed by price. Let's say this app is free or stupid cheap like $1.

Attached: 91615_feature_request[1].png (800x600, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/issues
github.com/Floens/Clover/issues
warosu.org/g/thread/68496801
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I would like a theming engine. Define color variables for all the stuff so we can pick and choose exactly how we want it to display. I am color blind and I need that sort of customization.

Attached: color_test_poster-1[1].jpg (515x536, 123K)

>derailed by price
yeah cuz you wanted to charge $15 for an iPhone app
>what would make 4chanNEL more comfy
built-in apple thread filtering, like this one

Catalog view like clover.

A Trap Detector. A good one.

an actual good webm player that doesn't cut the last 1 second of video from webms. The chan and and tetra suffered from this. Also a webm/image gallery mode to just look at pics/webms easily in a thread.

Rake Mode
hide leaf posts

>other thread deleted
Lmao

Copying over some replies from the old deleted thread:

-------------------
>must be good at playing WEBMs+audio, let you scrub through them, no AIDS buffering
>True Dark Mode (aka pure black for OLED) is an absolute must
>allow you to change the filename before posting (you probably need to have the image loaded into the app and then ask the user for the filename). TheChan renames every image to image.jpg so I know it's possible
>allow you to bookmark posts in-app and organize them in folders
>PLEASE PUT IN FILTER SUPPORT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
TheChan is pretty much perfect but those last three bullets would make any chan app worthy of God himself.

----------------------

I want a threaded mode. Like how Reddit is, but because you can multi-reply on Jow Forums, I want an option to auto-hide the comments I have already seen. This way, I can scroll down and view replies in an organized manner without seeing repeating posts and I can view the hidden replies if I wanted to.

Open source or fuck off.

under $15 price tag LMAO

>Rake Mode
Could you explain?
>hide leaf posts
Does this mean hiding posts/replies without a reply?

Definitely will not be open sourced

Already have a buttery smooth webm player complete with scrubbing working! :)

I like the gallery mode idea. I want to add a muti-select download option in there as well so you can mass download whatever images/videos you're interested in.

>>hide leaf posts
that means no more canadians
>not open sourced
lol have fun spending hours to accomplish nothing then retard

Attached: 1559882341451.png (900x844, 349K)

meant for

add flags for Jow Forums

The only thing that I has a problem with in Kuroba is sometimes pages just don't fucking load or update for no fucking reason. If I open 4chins in my browser, everything is smooth and updates instant. Frequently, Kuroba just won't load any threads and it ALWAYS takes significantly longer to discover new posts, to the point of claiming there aren't any when manually refreshed even though I know that's not true.

Looks like pol exposes country names/codes for it's posts, so I can definitely add flags for pol and any other board that supports them (not all do).

Could you explain what is so essential to you about Kuroba? I understand that it's based of Clover with features that aren't being merged in. (Looks like Clover has a ton of open pull requests being ignored).

It just werks, mostly. The UI being easy to navigate is a big one, with thread bookmarking both quick to do and retrieve. Being able to choose whether to load images or not is nice, too.

I've seen other people request better bookmarking as well. My idea is to allow creation of bookmarking folders + a tag system. This way, you can organize them in a hierarchy while at the same time, quickly filter bookmarks through user-defined tags.

Do you think anyone would want the bookmarking of individual posts? Like you read something you like and want to refer back to this SPECIFIC post in a thread.

I am also thinking about a simple offline archive mode. Like if a thread gets deleted, don't remove all the replies already loaded (hate it when Clover does this after I visit a supposedly archived thread from weeks ago).

threading like in 4chanx
marking posts as (you)
ability to change the filename
filtering by image md5
hiding posts including replies
no script captcha for reports

idk if any chan app has these already, I've only used clover so far

oh also, automatically putting new generals in the thread watcher

Great ideas. I especially love the marking/bookmarking of posts as (you).

I think we can go further and offer an additional filter option - if a thread matches a filter, add it to the thread watcher. This will let you auto download and save these threads kind of like how people do with IRC chats. Can also provide options to auto-download images/videos (or just their thumbnails or nothing) per thread as well.

Thread watcher option that auto-prunes dead threads that don't have any (You)s but keep archived threads that do have unread responses to any posts you've made.

Hell yes. I get so tired of manually going to each thread to get a refresh just to see no replies and having to manually delete that thread as well.

Any more janitor/cleanup ideas?

Lots of good ideas here. Going to be looking through the issues and PRs tomorrow for more ideas.

github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/issues
github.com/Floens/Clover/issues

I was also thinking of a per-thread option to protect it from any TW autopruning, like if you want to come back to a certain thread without having to disable autoprune for every other thread.

3d Linux style cube scrolling.

I don't think that would pass the apple design guidelines lol

I'd like 4chanx to not lock up firefox every time I download a file using the download icon next to the filename.

I want for nothing, Clover is pretty much perfect.

Attached: threadshot-1542302104149.png (1440x8216, 1.35M)

Filenames not taking up 1/10th of the screen when in gallery mode. All the apps I've tried are guilty of this.

Free software

So how do these apps work? Just request the html from the server and parse it?

Wonderful suggestions! I also found the thread archive for your image if anyone wants to read:

warosu.org/g/thread/68496801

A real time up to date spreadsheet of currently claimed waifus

>No open source
Nice try CIA

Attached: 1560672536036.jpg (768x960, 77K)

go away newfag

>not on fdroid
its shit

>stupid cheap like $1

>paying for apps at all

subverting work, mossad

Attached: enlightment.png (345x274, 299K)

Go away we don't want your proprietary cookware here.

>automatic redirect to a known good (but configurable) archive site if a thread 404's.
I dunno if any other reader apps already do this but it's the only thing I miss about clover compared to 4chanx on desktop

>no open source
Dropped

Your app will literally be removed from the store, so if it's not free then what's the point?

Jow Forums apps can only maybe stay on app store for a few months before apple notices and deletes them.

If you make it open source, at least the next person can build upon it after yours is deleted and you feel dejected and stop working on it.

Is there an archive site that offers an api like Jow Forums does? Would be awesome to have the archive built into the app, like if a thread dies you can continue to browse it, or if a someone quotes a dead thread you can open it, and have the abbility to enter a thread number and have it came up inside the app. That feature i would leave clover for

>download firefox mobile
>install violentmonkey + 4chanx userscript
Wow, it's infinitely better than anything this retarded newfag OP will ever make.

If it's not open source I will pirate it anyway and post it here anyway.

4chanx redirects a user to an archive if the thread 404's.
im assuming because archived-moe doesn't have an API. not sure how it would be implemented into an app

It would be implemented like any other Jow Forums thread. But of course you need to find an archive api to supply the information, which im assuming is impossible because nobody has done it already.

Fork Dashchan and add meme flags on boards that supports it

Attached: 1561042467057.jpg (817x1162, 251K)

I need a button that automatically calls OP a faggot when I press it