What does Jow Forums think of iridium? ive been using it for a while now and it is by far the best browser ive used...

what does Jow Forums think of iridium? ive been using it for a while now and it is by far the best browser ive used. it feels like chrome without the bloat and spyware, however ive heard that it used to phone home to iridium's servers. what do you Jow Forumsuys think?

Attached: iridum.png (700x362, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/guides/iridium.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Been using it for 3 years, it's pretty good except there's a problem with text being unreadable on the bottom downloads bar. Have to open the downloads tab to see. Also can't watch Netflix or Amazon Prime video on it, have to use Firefox.

Use Firefox, you fucking cuck.

>I use an extremely insecure browser
>Can you give me approval
No

what's the difference between Iridium and ungoogled Chromium?

One is called Iridium.

Iridium has unveil support in OpenBSD so I use that.

I've been using it for about a year and it's fine. Not considerably awesome but fuck ff and chrome.

>however ive heard that it used to phone home to iridium's servers
It's very easy to debotnet it:
spyware.neocities.org/guides/iridium.html

It's good but I'm pissed the debian update is taking so long >:(

Great but I think it's a few features behind mainline.

>wat kind of icon you want?
>gimme one of those dick cages that stop boners

Firefox? Uh, It's heavy, and has a pitiful cookie handling.

Iridium is light, and no need to open an "about:config" to prevent this or that from leaking to Mozilla/Google or other.

Just add some addons, UBo, NoScript, Decentraleyes, Random A-gent Switcher, and it's much better than shitty Firefox with the same addons.

they're essentially identical but Iridium has binaries that can be downloaded for any desktop OS making it easier to set up (although compiling from source is best option)

isn't this browser outdated?

No, last build released 15 April 2019, version 2019.04.73, based on Chromium 73.0.3683.1031 (being based on a slightly lower version than the current one is not synonymous with a security breach.)

And they're reactive ; their entire domain was KO for a day last week (no website acces, no downloads, no PPA update possible when tried) it was fixed the next day after.
It doesn't prove anything, except that they're reactive.

Confirmed botnet btw.

You're dumb, see Use Iceweasel OP

tOp TiEr

you know it's fine when even that fucking autist on neocities says it's good

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-20_08-01-56.png (843x329, 171K)

>being based on a slightly lower version than the current one is not synonymous with a security breach
but it is synonymous with 'outdated' which is what the other user wanted to know, he didn't ask about security.

do i have to log in to every single site on every single session on this browser too like the retard browser called ungoogled-chromium? if not i might try this

>"use Firefox"

Attached: animatedjew.gif (400x400, 370K)

DELET THIS

- Chromium 73 outdated
- Iridium v2019.04.73 not outdated.

>not using a password manager to make relogging a two-second process
kek

>not using your mind as the only password manager
kek

>furry moon
Does it even get security updates at all?

what is it like having 4 passwords

So does Ungoogled Chromium, retard. Don't you know how to read web pages?

Also, Iridium isn't the same as Ungoogled Chromium; it's the same as Chromium (i.e.: it's not ungoogled).

Nigger Tor is also botnet lmao it uses glowing nodes

Iridium just gets rid of chromium's spyware
Ungoogled Chromium actively avoids any connection with Google to the point that some might find it annoying

>He reversed their descriptions

Compare installing an add-on with Iridium to doing it with ungoogled Chromium

>Needing addons
Why do you need addons? Too dumb to know how to use a proper hosts file to block ads?

>No News to open about:config to block leaking
>What is fingerprinting and zombie cookies

Fyi by using non standard browsers (i.e. anything but Chrome/Firefox and esp those shitty forks)you make it even easier for companies to track you. How many people worldwide run Iridium? Compare that to Firefox user base which may be tiny but us gigantic against Iridum. Firefox specifically because in contrast to WebKit browsers it has actual defences against this.

>lmao who needs features anyway
At this point you're not even worth talking to

At this point you're not intelligent enough to know how to not need more bloat on your system to avoid ad bloat.

>Hurr I need an insecure browser to use my addons with
That's not how security works. Why switch to another clone of a clone of Google's web browser, if you know that you can still be tracked by addons?