Wtf this is so good, why didn't you tell me about this os Jow Forums?

Wtf this is so good, why didn't you tell me about this os Jow Forums?

Attached: 600px-Lubuntu.svg.png (600x600, 35K)

It’s my distro of choice. Ignore the autists and larpers.

*buntu isn't a hidden secret. Lubuntu is pretty good for a home desktop.

it is crap and the faggot who makes it is shit
note this is about the flavour not the de

Lxqt is amazing. Yes. Just a little tweaking (look into xsettingsd for antialiasing in gtk apps) and you're on your way.

LXQt is my go to for a fresh Linux install except for laptops with small screens where i3 makes sense. Lubuntu has great out of the box defaults and the default theme is good enough that I often dont end up changing it. I recommend anyone that is curious about Ubuntu variants try lubuntu, especially on computers that don't do well with KDE or Gnome.

xubuntu is better

The older "unofficial version" is good. The newest """""official"""" version is utter crap. The former actually works and installs fine on my prehistoric laptop with 2GB of RAM; the latter shits itself just starting up, and completely freezes up the moment you try doing anything more then move the mouse.

Can't do a good comparison of xubuntu and lubuntu (both of which I like a lot) as I haven't dug into the distro difference, only the DE difference.
Xfce is good but having worked with both Qt and GTK for programming projects, GTK left such a bad taste in my mouth that I have an autistic preference for Qt based shit now. In my experience, lubuntu is also a bit lighter, better looking out of the box, and a bit easier to configure.

as a user i prefer gtk, thank you
lxde is ok (not really) in parts, as a de it's meh
lubuntu mixed some things from xfce which is the better de

>lubuntu is also a bit lighter, better looking out of the box, and a bit easier to configure.
all of those are false

I tried it a week ago, was doing a fresh install and didn't want to jump through all the hoops of setting up Xfce again. Ended up trying this instead and actually really liked it.

LXQt has been shows to be more resource efficient than Xfce. Also, one of you has no clue what they're talking about. Lubuntu switched to LXQt a whole release ago. Barely any gtk dependencies, and none of the applications from Xfce any more. It's amazing.

>kwin
>resource efficient

>has been shown
On what? Modern cpus? Because like I said lxqt version of Lubuntu freezes up on my old laptop. Given the fact that Lubuntu is supposed to be a "lightweight" distro I.E. installable and usable on older hardware, that's just pants on head retarded.

Doesn't lxqt use openbox?

LXQt (and Lubuntu) use Openbox. Period. There is the option of using compton for glx compositing, but it's not enabled by default. LXQt has never used kwin. It pulls in too many KDE dependencies. The core LXQt desktop only pulls in something like 50 packages. Most of them qt-libs. It is profoundly light, and resource-efficient. Try installing basic KDE, gnome, unity, or mate. See what they pull in. It's a whole different world.

Search for LXQt vs Xfce or LXQt comparison, or anything like that. At worst it is on an even par with Xfce. If it doesn't work nicely on your toaster, then it's likely an issue with your toaster. Even lubuntu (which is a heavier implementation of LXQt than on plain Debian) idles at 385-425mb ram on its default configuration.

>It is profoundly light, and resource-efficient
stop being a fag
it's not much different than anything else like xfce

or lxde

Literally mentioned Xfce. It does have less dependencies though. I used Xfce for 5 years. It's great. I found LXQt to be somewhat faster and less hungry. Others have had the same experience. It doesn't mean Xfce is shit. It just means there's a new kid on the block.

>Lubuntu is designed for toasters
>lxqt runs like shit on said toaster
>Like just don't use a toaster bro
You're a fucking moron.

Personally I prefer Xubuntu (or anything Xfce in general).

But good for you that you found a Flavour that you like.

> less hungry
but can you stop being a fag?

>our main focus is shifting from providing a distribution for old hardware
>we will no longer provide minimum system requirements and we will no longer primarily focus on older hardware

It's user error. Obviously I'm talking to a shit-eating imbecile, so keep blaming your stupidity on a distro and DE that literally runs great on every other toaster.

That's lubuntu's new byline, not lxqt's. And it doesn't change a thing about the latter.

Gtk is a sinking ship. You'll see that sooner or later.

qt configuration is much more anal

redpill me on LXDE. xfeces scale like shit on my 2 in 1 tablet