Newfag here

Newfag here.

How the fuck do I keep motivated enough to learn C++? Seriously this shit is so damn complex, what can I even do in this day and age with this old ass language? Help /g?

Attached: Normie Meme.jpg (225x224, 10K)

>needing motivation
Back to r*ddit

>Fuck Reddit for turning me into a pussy dickhole

go back

If you lack the motivation then programming is not for you.

Just be yourself.

Attached: tumblr_nkp54n4whB1tjnfoio1_500.jpg (500x313, 62K)

>C++
>complex
just stick to woman's studies or some shit
you're never gonna make it

I learned C++ about two decades ago and I can confirm that it's gotten a lot more complex than multiple inheritance and overloaded operators with the new features. I would suggest learning ANSI C first, then progressing to Bjarn Stroustrup's original C++. Once you have a good grasp on OOP in regards to vanilla C++, add on knowlege of the newer features of C++ one by one.

You don't. Ditch C++ unless you absolutely need it and pick up Rust - a far better designed language without decades of cruft.

fuck off shill

If you want motivation remember the reason you want to learn C++ in the first place. If there isn't any why bother?

Listen newFRIEND let me give you some advice.

C++ doesn't (((have))) to be your first language. You can learn a higher level language and come back to C++ when you are ready.

What is complex?! What particular topic are you not understanding?

Smart people learn things one by one, and not try to grok the entire language at once.

I think this is just a low quality meme post and that you are not actually trying to learn C++ at all.

just give up

Attached: compile_time_state_using_recursive_friend_template_declarations,_substitution_failure_is_not_an_erro (495x491, 19K)

Idiots can write stupid code in any language. This isn't a valid argument.

>rust
>jobs

that's not stupid code though, it's the only way to get compile time state

missing the point

>what can I even do in this day and age with this old ass language
why are you learning it if you don't have a use for it? the only reason i can see to learn c++ is if you're doing embedded systems, writing an emulator, writing a game engine, a web browser, etc. as far as actual motivation goes though just stick to it i guess and don't get overwhelmed, you gotta just embrace how autistically deep it gets sometimes. it's the melee fox of programming languages

Language is just a tool
Learn to write algorithms
Start with recursion, greedy algorithms, dyanmic programming

I recommend learning C, user. C++ is far more bloated and complicated.

C

That is the same order as what my study uses. I agree

>C++
>complex
based brainlet