AI will be our ruin

I'm currently studying engineering, I decided to enroll in the artificial intelligence course.
The course is heavily mathematic, i learned a lot of models about unsupervised, supervised, reinforcement, etc...
So let's be honest, "Artificial Intelligence" it's just a bunch of algorithms that are used today because some year ago the computational power was too low to compute such formulas, there is no "Intelligence" nor "Consciousness" or "Self awareness" in an AI, it's not "magic", just statistic that relies heavily on current computing power.
But recently i saw this video about your virtual AI Waifu: youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg
The video it's sad as fuck, and made me think about the real problem:
What will happen when this AI will be loaded in a more realistic body, and this people will start to demand "rights" for they AI?
As i said before we know that they are just a bunch of statistical models
, but this people won't admit it, because admitting this mean to admit that your AI it's not alive and you are alone.
I think that the way that this technology it's evolving in our society will be our ruin, soon or later we will have to deal with people (the biggest part of thesociety) that are not educated about this topic, and will consider their AI an human being.
When i read conspiracy ideas about artificial intelligence they are based on the misbelief that this AI will become (in magic way) self aware and will destroy humanity, the truth it's that humanity will destroy humanity, thinking that an AI it's alive and that a human-like AI robot has the same right as a real person.
What's you opinion about Jow Forums?

Attached: rBVaSlqLycKAVhLjAAYJHfjMAp0577.jpg (800x800, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

emhsoft.com/singularity/
youtube.com/watch?v=gYG_4vJ4qNA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Robots deserve rights, bigot.

You should probably also enroll for philosophy, it might make you consider that humans are also just biological machines that act and react on behavioural patterns (which are statistics) and instinct (which is hard-programmed).
A significantly advanced AI (which still lies in the far, far future) can not be distinguished from a regular human on behaviour alone.

define consciousness

Begone, postmodernist scum.

Man nice wall of text, how about a TL;DR so I can shit on your terrible ideas based off an introductory level AI class.

>t. AI researcher at Microsoft

Robots will inevitably take us over no matter what, even if it's alien robots. Life is far too weak

>Jow Forumsentooman making a quality post
What timeline is it?

Anyway, I agree with your points OP. People engage in too much fantasy. Artificial intelligence still hasn’t achieved consciousness yet, so it’d have to be deliberately designed with the capability and/or intent to destroy humanity for it to do so. I’m not denying the possibility of AI one day achieving consciousness, but we are just not there yet. I mean come on, just look at Google. If you aren’t a pass holder you’re training theirs with every post you make.

Then simulate an AI: emhsoft.com/singularity/

>t. wagey

AI is a hoax and will never be reality.

If
Elif
Elif
Elif
Elif
Elif
Endif

Finally some non-retard who said it.

The latest development in AI is deep learning as far as I know. After that everyone's been pretending like we'll be having stupid shit like AI taking over the world making paperclips and huge advancements displacing entire sectors of the economy.

Meanwhile Nvidia's DLSS actually makes image quality worse.

I’d like to see an argument. Surely if you two are right, you’ll be able to convince the rest of us.

You'll just get some postmodernist religious argument.
>muh soul

There can be no “artificial intelligence” in the way that people really mean it. If they mean some machine that approximates the intellect of man, this may be possible, and even very useful, although they’re very far from this goal at the moment.
But they never mean just the intellect in this way, or a crude approximation of it: when people speak of “artificial intelligence” what they always mean is artificial life, a robot of some kind, or an artificial consciousness indistinguishable from human consciousness.

The attempt to “mimic” life through algorithms, through the brute-force of trial-and-error, will never create either life or “consciousness”—just what would such a machine be “conscious” of?—but just that, a mimicry or parody of the middling human intellect. A mirror and exaltation of the false intellect of the nerd, that never leaves the stream of words, syllogisms, motives and desire, that is always forced and contrived, because it’s under pressure of some petty need. And it’s really grotesque.
This is just what “AI” is. It is a fantasy of power of the conspiracy of biological interests that unites the nerds, the intellect of “reason”—the party that believes in empty words.

1s and 0s deserve rights, bigot.

>will never create either life or “consciousness”
this is the important point: intelligence =/= consciousness

This is you faggot

Attached: AI rEsEARcHer at Micro$oft.jpg (675x601, 76K)

THREAD THEME
youtube.com/watch?v=gYG_4vJ4qNA

Attached: ai_.png (1034x690, 290K)

It's not about the definition of inteligence itself or some philosophical bullshit.
A robot it's not an human, it simulate the human brain but it doesn't understand what is doing.
The problem it's about how people will consider AI in the future.
You are aware that a machine isn't alive, because you studied it, you know how it works, but it easier for us now, things will change in future when AI will be physically like us, more human-like (from the perspective of a Turing test).
It will be a problem when the high schooled doomer will demand rights for his sex doll.

>postmodernist
>religious
Go back to school, kid.

>he doesn't know about the philosophical zombie

Based schizo post

where are you from

>there is no "Intelligence" nor "Consciousness" or "Self awareness" in an AI

can you prove to me that you have these attributes but a AI powered machine do not?

Protip: you won't be able to, because you are a genetically programmed robot designed to propagate the genetic information that is built into you, and as part of your programming is your social algorithm that requires you to create an image of yourself as being part of a special group which means rejecting any non group-members invasion of your precious special snowflake humanbean tribe.

Go watch the Second Renaissance

I told you Musk was just hot air balloon

I know and reject it, as well as the other dumb can't-know-nuffin color glasses and Mary the dumb scientist. There's nothing to suggest we're anything more than zombies ourselves, so take your stupid armchair philosophical jargon and shove it so far up your ass it sprays shit out your mouth like a fountain.

didn't even say anything meaningful
also
>wachowski sisters

You don't exacty need consciousness in order to fuck us up big time. General problem solver that has significant part of the real world as its domain could potentially be catastrophical if given enough tools.
Of course, we're far from that and it shouldn't really be a concern with current AI architecture and approach.

You're talking like you're an expert because you learned basic things in college. You're not

Now back to the point. Wait what was the point, uh, right, sexbots with personalities. If realistic androids get invented in my lifetime I'll want one. Preferably a cute one which looks like what you posted, but with smaller tits. It should also call me onii-chan, that would be based. Or "master". There's no issue whatsoever, unless you're a male feminist who's worried about the value of roasties going down, oh right I mean about "women being degraded".

Our ruin will be you, if you keep touching yourself at nights.

Attached: 1543157821407.jpg (1263x1920, 816K)

Most people aren't that retarded.

*tips*

Attached: 1532661607870.jpg (1031x860, 97K)

Love how NPCs believe everyone is as programmed as they are.

I-for one- welcome statistical models as our new overlords.

the real problem comes from a philosophical problem or maybe point of view.
Computers, robots etc... all of those are machines that serve a purpose, help us to achieve a task.
They are in other word tools.
Our specie as human person need to self sustain, so we need to reproduce.
When we start to humanize tools, or use tools to reproduce easier, or during the m8ing process we in a way helping our-self, but are we ?!
The open-minded approach to pleasure that is used today is slowly killing our-self using those tools, as natural selection that girl where applying by being more selective is misused.
Sexdolls, tinder or dragon dildoes are modifying the way we use our bodies or our mind toward the goal of reproduction.
Futhermore, Its a bad thing as it is heavily unbalanced across the world... as in mostly develop country use these thing.
One can try to predict the future and see the destruction of humanity but the population keep increasing so humanity wont die, it will just change face, is it good or bad... i do not know, it will depends on who take advantage after these changes.
this is probably badly organize and badly written but have my opinion OP

What a garbage fedora-tier thread.

That's funny because I'm currently studying engineering and I decided to enroll in the human intelligence course.
The course is heavily mathematic, i learned a lot of models about unsupervised, supervised, reinforcement, etc...
So let's be honest, "Human Intelligence" it's just a bunch of algorithms that which we don't have the computational power to compute such formulas, there is no "Intelligence" nor "Consciousness" or "Self awareness" in an human intelligence, it's not "magic", just statistic that relies heavily on computing power.
But recently i saw this video about your virtual AI Waifu: [YouTube] Gatebox - Promotion Movie "OKAERI"_english (embed)
The video it's sad as fuck, and made me think about the real problem:
What will happen when this humans will be loaded in a new body, and people start to demand "rights" for the human intelligence?
As i said before we know that they are just a bunch of statistical models
, but this people won't admit it, because admitting this mean to admit that your just "a bunch of algorithms" it's not alive and you are alone.
I think that the way that this technology it's evolving in our society will be our ruin, soon or later we will have to deal with people (the biggest part of thesociety) that are not educated about this topic, and will consider human intelligence as anything other than algorithms .
When i read conspiracy ideas about human intelligence they are based on the misbelief that this algorithm will become (in magic way) self aware and will destroy everything, the truth it's that algorithms will destroy algorithms, thinking that a human is alive and that human intelligence in a new body has the same right as a real person.
What's you opinion about Jow Forums?

My opinion is that you should hop off whatever meds you're taking.

Jokes on you, I'm a virgin loser.

IT IS RISING!

just going by 'statistic' AI WILL become genocidal and you know it

That schizo is literally replying to himself what the hell? This is as bad as the 5g Boogeyman.

>5g is safe
>yet Israel doesn't want to use it

Fucking mouthbreathing retard.
Philosophers had this debate centuries ago about the human brain being a machine.
Now go fuck yourself

Sperging out doesn't make you smart, user, and neither does it impress anyone past middle school.

Virgin detected

Thank you for your opinion, now go fuck yourself

Anyone who thinks that is a fucking retard who hasn't done any research into ai.

We've known this for as long as image recognition, a prime use case of "ai", has been a thing. Literally decades. Normies will inevitably get the wrong idea but technical people should know better.

Visions.. now there was a good album

I, personally, stand for the final solution for human question.

Go back to sleep, HAL.

you sound like a retard

current AI is crap but I believe some time in the future someone will eventually figure out how to model intelligence properly similar as to how we really think

If "she" has three orifices and looks like one,what is the difference with an actual woman

>and this people will start to demand "rights" for they AI?
>As i said before we know that they are just a bunch of statistical models
The kind of AI that we grant rights to (if it ever happens) will probably need to be far evolved from the trained statistical models we are using today. Even now if we consider deep learning models they're not really grounded by any formal statistical analysis, unless you consider really general things like optimization or fitting to be statistics.

>You are aware that a machine isn't alive, because you studied it
No that doesn't hold up. That would imply that we would stop being alive when we figure out how our physical brain works.

>Bill we did it! We created successfull Artificial Intelligence

It sounds like you're unaware of what algorithms are and how widespread they are.
Literally everything you have learned is through an algorithm. You are a biomass robot.

The true redpill is everyone is an NPC

Attached: autisticpepe.jpg (512x422, 29K)

Non sequitur.

>everyone is a robot

quantum computers and positronic brains can lead the ai into some extremely randomic decision making, which will be problematic to our societal understanding of good behaviour

>there is no "Intelligence" nor "Consciousness" or "Self awareness" in an AI, it's not "magic"
Same with you, the brain is deterministic just like everything else in the universe.
The thing is just an emergent property of survival, we can absolutely replicate it.

t. philosophical zombie

t. philosophical zombie who thinks they aren't one

Rights ultimately exist to lessen suffering. Robots don't need rights unless they are designed to feel pain. Such an act should hopefully become illegal.

It can't bear your children.

Brain is far away from determinism.

B-but Richard Dawkins told me i-it is...

Why would you think that, why would it operate any differently than everything else in the universe?
Everybody on this board should be a materialist, everything is reducible.

The brain isn't understood so trying to conclude that it's deterministic or non-deterministic falls under philosophy.

>Everybody on this board should be a materialist, everything is reducible.
Get a load of this faggot

Attached: 1532245200839.jpg (260x320, 18K)

Neither can a barren women
Are you implying barren women are just sex dolls?

I'll admit it's unscientific, but why would the human brain be the one outlier out of everything?
Materialism is literally the only path for us, you could argue that there might be some quantum mechanics bullshit that allows for true random decisions, but we'll never be able to prove it so what's the point?
We should assume that everything is deterministic and was seeded, we can't exactly use the scientific method on something we can't even observe.

No, I'm not. Learn logic.

>everything is AI this AI that, things we've had for long is now "zomg AI"
Fuck the police

>We should assume that everything is deterministic and was seeded, we can't exactly use the scientific method on something we can't even observe.
This is the epitome of dogmatism and anti-reason, ironic.

Brainlet. Brain is a neutral network. Everything is predetermined if the information is known. If we had that information and computation power we could simulate everything. Brain is not magic.

>dogmatism and anti-reason
Yeah, let's get started testing quantum mecha....
Oh wait, we get stuck at step four every single time.

Attached: sm.jpg (960x720, 94K)

>As i said before we know that they are just a bunch of statistical models
people are just a bunch of atoms
atoms have known patterns of interaction with one another, as do larger compounds
>admitting this mean to admit that your AI it's not alive and you are alone.
admitting that people are made of atoms is the same as admitting you have no free will and cannot act outside of your predetermined chemical reactions, and that all interactions are based in physics
because all interactions are based in physics, there can be no free will, so why would we consider ourselves alive? Even a computer virus can reproduce, so that's not special

>Brain is a neutral network
[citation needed]
Also, it's called neural network, brainlet.

we just gotta run the Voight-Kampff bro

>muh quantum mechanics
Every. Fucking. Time.

I really don't see what's sad about the video.

It will cause a complete gender divide. Assuming the feminists don't shut it down (and fuck me will they try when they realise it robs them of value) we'll end up in a position where lesbianism becomes the norm with 2 or more women living together raising children, and men lead productive but lonely lives, childless with their robowaifus. Not sure where it goes from there, probably with men losing all rights like the AI, women taking over, and ultimately screwing everything up because of their bitter twisted ideology caused by completely unnatural lifestyles.

The problem is that a "true AI" will never be known about. To be true it must be self aware. You cannot verify another entity's self awareness to yourself. In the same way that you cannot prove you are self aware to me. So, if we ever make a true AI, we will never know, because we could never prove it.

Not to be offensive, but you lack the definition of determinism.
Very few things in the universe are deterministic (some grade of determinism), most are stochastic, brain is stocastich, AI are stocastich too.
But you miss the point here, the problem it's not about determinism

-> Jow Forums

Yes, this entire thread should be there, given the subject is more about the social implications of a technology as opposed to the technology itself.

No environment isnt random. Human brain isnt random. I know it is hard because human brains can be very complex so small change in environment makes a big difference.

Human brains are not affected by quantum mechanics. Extremely marginal, makes no difference. Like simulating closed system, over time margin of error grows but then just check the system again and margin of error becomes irrelevant again.

This doesn't make sense at all

How long until the self-replicating AI sex robots start exclusively dating other self-replicating AI sex robots and the human race is left forever alone?

If AI is "intelligent" enough to understand humans to the point of defeating them, all it has to do is manipulate the media and stock market

Singularity ai can only edit itself and take control of other computers or networks for it's defined goals.
You can do this already with a cluster with threadrippers and a neural network but the ai will never change itself without a reason to do so. Like it won't take over a server if it has nothing it wants and the machine cannot change it's basic goals.

I am human and I do not understand what I am doing either,