Why cant I run tor-browser bundle on guix?

Why cant I run tor-browser bundle on guix?
"bash: ./start-tor-browser.desktop: /usr/bin/env: bad interpreter: No such file or directory"

Am i forced to use icecat with tor button?

Attached: guix.png (236x214, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Managing-Software-the-Guix-Way.html#Managing-Software-the-Guix-Way
gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Package-Management.html#Package-Management
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just use ubuntu if yiu cant even read

what the fuck do i do

call microsoft tech support

>Jow Forums is NOT your personal tech support team

>expecting software to work on loonix

Attached: 1508101469819.jpg (480x480, 25K)

>bash: ./start-tor-browser.desktop

Hello! Yes, nix and guix do not behave like most *nix systems when it comes to binaries, as system libraries aren't where the binaries expect then to be.
Usually, we work around it with PatchElf, which tells the binary the library location. But the actual solution is to package everything we find.
worry not, i have started a tor browser package myself :) i'll finish it when i'm back from vacation.
i suggest using icecat's tor extension for now, or using patchelf. Come to #guix on freenode, or send an email to [email protected], we'll help you out.

They called it Goyix for a reason

holy shit an actual guix developer replied ?

Its a broken piece of shit distro that has no packages, you fell for the shill that has been samefagging Jow Forums

ye, i lurk around here all the time, call for marlin on the irc

The lack of packages is something we'll solve with time, by packaging :P

may i request you package super tux racer?
teehee

Sure! I'm actually packaging free games and game-dev tools lately. Will also get itch.io titles.
i was packaging lutris, but it will stay on my personal channel, as it's not compatible with the official repo's rules

>./start-tor-browser.desktop
op I think you're retarded

sounds like bait a lot
or maybe legit

Because you're using the fork instead of the original greatest package manager

Attached: nixgirl.png (1920x1080, 533K)

Made a thread, i'd like to get some packages for my fellow Jow Forumsuix men

Guix uses it's own filesystem hierarchy.

It stores all of its packages under the Guix "store" (not a online package store)
gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Managing-Software-the-Guix-Way.html#Managing-Software-the-Guix-Way

gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Package-Management.html#Package-Management

Nix is great. Guix people don't dislike nix in any way, they are sibling software (or maybe nix is guix's mother). This issue is also on nix tho, it has to do with our way of isolating packages on /gnu and /nix

just call me out on the irc then :P

so the problem is env can't locate the interpreter?

The issue is the binary is searching for libraries on the traditional GNU file system hierarchy, but guix doesn't to stuff that way. You must use patchelf to tell the binary where stuff is, or make a package for the software in question. I've seen people using a debian chroot, but i dislike the idea.
The best solution is packaging.

how does the package work in guix?
do the binaries get patched so it will search inside /guix?

I'd let her fork my systemd, if you know what I mean.

i don't know too much, as i'm still a new dev, but afaik it works with symlinks in a way that the packages see a fake, traditional hierarchy per user, then work fine as they see everything in the right place.