youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>R7 3800/X - Best for gaming, launching 7/7
>R9 3900X/3950X - Budget HEDT or gaming+streaming on a single PC, launching in September
>Threadripper - HEDT

>Intel CPUs are now defunct. Even used i7 workstations are no longer worthwhile due to vulnerabilities and performance regression

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" link for true latency formula

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+
> 1660Ti / Vega56 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>used 1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>Above Vega offers progressively poorer and poorer value. Wait for the RX 5000 series
2160p (4k)
>Wait for better priced GPUs. 2080Ti is only 1.85x the performance for 4x the cost of a $300 GPU, and still only does 30fps in many games.

>RX 5700/XT is launching on 7/7. Nvidia Super soon as well. Wait for independent benchmarks if considering a >$300 GPU

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: JUST WAIT.jpg (680x765, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/IAIK/ZombieLoad
youtube.com/watch?v=znjJZgeDQm0
youtu.be/znjJZgeDQm0?t=12
pcpartpicker.com/list/QN4hV6
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do you mean at 1440p? Why would you get a 2070 for 1080p@60 when a $130-$190 GPU will do that?

Yes

Might be a stupid question but how important is it to have RAM that is certified for Intel or AMD depending on your processor? It doesn't seem like a massive deal to be as the speed seems to be more important but just want to confirm

>R7 3800/X - Best for gaming, launching 7/7
Not even out yet, no reviews, no idea how it actually preforms in gaming, still shilling it.

Wew lads, we've got a prophet in the thread, give me lotto numbers if you can see the future faggot.

If you can't see the future, stop sucking AMD cock and wait for the actual reviews to hit before making wild claims about it being the BEST gaming CPU.

Fact is, you have no idea how it stacks up to the 9700k.

>I read that as 10 nautical miles

Help.

Retard question because one of my friends is being fucking stupid about it and arguing: You need a top end cpu to support a top end grahpics card, correct?

what are some essential tools to have for building and maintenance of pcs?

Attached: linux performance tools.png (3000x2100, 800K)

Depends what you're doing frankly.

There are games that don't use much CPU power at all, but can scale up with a monster GPU without any CPU strain.

not necessarily. even an r5 2600 which is like $150 now doesn't bottleneck a 2080 ti. hell, there's even proof 2013 i7's don't bottleneck 2080 ti's. in general though, in the current market a 2600 is the best price/perf for gaming and wouldn't bottleneck a 2080 ti.

Excuse me sir
where is
>i7 8700 or 9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
in OP?

OP decided fuck waiting for proof, the 3800x is better because he wants it to be better.

so how long until the next GPU generation for AMD and Nvidia? next year? i want to upgrade, but not this year.

Attached: 251512365347.png (474x750, 615K)

unless you're opening a business nothing really.

It has stronger single core and higher up, it's better for gaming now fuck off

*Higher ipc

Amd are the niggers of silicon world. They make the most brainded decisions the moment they see some dosh. Like overpaying for ati instead of merging with nvidia. The thing that amdrones won't tell you is that amd was on life support not because of intel but because of buying ati and releasing the dumpster fire that was bulldozer.
Fuck amd niggers and fuck all amd underage fuckbois who make excuses for their shit company.

Lmao, okay where are your reviews that show this?

Where is the gaming performance benchmarks for a dozen or two dozen different games?

Oh, you don't have those and you're using AMD's OWN presentation slides as your evidence?

Get the fuck out of here retard.

What are some "must-dos" for cleaning up a fresh install of windows 10?

Putting your drive in a microwave and hitting the start button.

AMD shill shilling as usual

turn off cortana
turn off UAC
then dunno don't have 10 lol

I was thinking about things to clean off dust, remove rust, troubleshoot electrical problems when the pc stops working, etc

Not important.
But avoid Patriot brand crap.

Next gen for Nvidia on 7nm is coming in the later half of 2020.
For AMD, 2021 I think? Though there should be a minor RDNA update and release in 2020. Whether it's on 7nm still, 7nm+, or 5 or 6nm, no idea.

There have been tests to show they have better single core perf. Are you just willfully blocking yourself off to them as if that means you can pretend they don't exist?
Even the $200 3600 with PBO enabled has better single core perf than the 9700k, let alone the higher end models.

>remove rust, troubleshoot electrical problems when the pc stops working
not happening, might as well as buy another one if it does happen
>clean dust
people just use compressed air for that IIRC

There are literal scores on multiple user benchmarking sites that say that even the 3600 has higher single core than the 9700k just fuck off already with your faggy shilling and reddit spaceing

Sirs ples buy outdated shit

Attached: CPOO.jpg (709x520, 52K)

yo whats a good sub $100 LGA1151 mb

>Buying Intel in 2019

Does G-Sync have a noticeable effect for gaymen or is it just marketing for dummies? I'm in the market for a new monitor and I have a high-end Nvidia card.

fuck off retard, I don't want to be a part of your shitflinging contest, just recommend me a MB for fucks sake

I'm reccomending that you buy amd because it's better expecially if you are on a budget

G-Sync is the same as a good Freesync monitor.
They have higher minimum standards, but the average G-sync monitor is still worse than the good Freesync ones.
It's just proprietary garbage and marketing.

You question is retarded and makes no sense so no one can help you. Just because it's LGA1151 doesn't mean it'll work with all the LGA1151 CPUs because of arbitrary shit.
>just recommend me a MB for fucks sake
B450 Mortar

Zombieload proof of concept
github.com/IAIK/ZombieLoad

Attached: 1528292848450.jpg (811x1024, 223K)

DELID DIS

Attached: 1502055755975.png (672x794, 343K)

Ah thanks friend. I suppose I'll look into it but not too much depending on the prices. I had a hunch it was marketing.

OHH NONONONONO
THIS CANT BE HAPPENING
THEY SAID IT WASNT REAL

>got a vega 64 nitro+
>has massive coil whine where it overpowers the fans and is the loudest thing in the room
>maybe il try undervolting maybe that will help
>do it, it helps marginaly, only like 10-20% when you need something like 50-80% reduction in coil whine

>the fucking card dump so much heat into my case that has FIVE nocuta 140mm fans that it overheats the RAM which makes the entire system crash

>touch my case side wall, it's actually warm like a radiator in the winter
>it has never done this thing before

HOYL SHIT WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
SEND HELP!

Attached: PANIC.gif (176x135, 990K)

Lol RIP bro

Will 500W be enough for vega 56? Currently using a 3770k, I want to upgrade my 980 now since v56 is still 300 and enjoy higher fps until I upgrade my whole rig to zen2

Attached: leviathan i dun wanna sing today.webm (354x500, 346K)

Attached: c5d757a80b89b0b1ed194c55577e3050.jpg (655x928, 74K)

>bought vega
ahaha not like you weren't warned

Attached: 1471114403036.jpg (395x401, 59K)

I am 100% serious, everything I said was true, and I seriously ACTUALLY need help!

No.

what I am supposed to do to reduce the coil whine and keep my ram from cooking? It gained 8deg over what I had with my old GPU.
And this is with a fan blowing over them.

RMA it.

Just put some ice in your case

Barely. 550 would be better. Also will depend on quality of PSU.

I haven't heard of coil whine being an issue on that card. It's rarely been an issue on AMD cards in general. That can be PSU. Your PSU was probably just not supplying that much power before so it wasn't a problem with the previous card.
As far as the heat, what temp did you previous card get to?

EIther way
>5 Noctua 140mm fans
should be plenty which is why it sounds like a false flag like that user posted.
I had a 300W card (7970) in my FT-03 and it had a SINGLE OUTTAKE FAN. CPU temps never got over 60C. RAM temps were fine too.
>case is warm
That's not abnormal. A typical space heater is 1500W, so approaching 500W in a PC, 1/3rd that, is obviously going to be warm, fucking duh?

Undervolted as you said, I presume you're using in the 180-250W range. That's not any different than what high end Nvidia cards operate at. That's again why it sounds like a false flag.

You must be a retard or something.

While the coil whine is real i don't know what retarded shit you did to your fans or whatever.
>Vega 64 Nitro + (1 Volt, 1030 mhz hbm)
>Fractal design R6 with padded walls and all
>3 fans, 2 intake and one rear exhaust
>Turn on furmark
>GPU goes up to 75C, CPU 65-70, case gets warm, coil whine sounds like the leaves in the wind
>Nothing crashes or overheats or anything

I bet you just slapped the fans all over the place and fucked the airflow up.

>I haven't heard of coil whine being an issue on that card.
Are you kiding me, literally every review says it has it.
>. It's rarely been an issue on AMD cards in general.
What the fuck? here youtube.com/watch?v=znjJZgeDQm0

> That can be PSU. Your PSU was probably just not supplying that much power before so it wasn't a problem with the previous card.
I am 100% sure it's not the PSU, as the noise comes from the card, and not the PSU and the PSU has been used with other cards in the past.

>As far as the heat, what temp did you previous card get to?
65-68C
>should be plenty which is why it sounds like a false flag like that user posted.
I know it should, which is why I am so surprised.

>literally every review says it has it.
So why did you "buy" it then?
Oh right because you didn't and you're full of shit.

I meant what wattage did the previous cards go to? Not temps, sorry. Because as I said, high end Nvidia cards are also typically in the 180-250W range. High end 1080Ti and 980Ti even went to around 300W IIRC.

If the coil whine is that bad, I'd try and RMA it.

why amd has always been this bad at naming/versioning their microprocessors?

here is an image for you fag

>I meant what wattage did the previous cards go to?
150W with peak 180W

Attached: muh didnt buy it.jpg (5300x2128, 3.72M)

not a valid timestamp, but nice try

??? Are you an actual fucking troll?

I have nothing against AMD but why are AMD shills so fucking hostile and rude

>not water-cooling your ram
amateur

Attached: 1558566896053.png (806x1178, 680K)

That's why they're called shills

They're meant to steer you into buying AMD

That's why you shouldn't listen to AMD shills, nor any shill in general

Well obviously a card that's what, 250W stock? Is going to pull more from your PSU than a 180W card did. Which could be making the coil whine worse.
Have you tried power limiting it to 180W? You can do it right in Wattman.

The heat from a 250W card is not going to be significantly noticed over a 180W one, though. That's what makes no sense about your situation. Especially with 5 Noctua fans which should be fine for a 1000W system let alone a 350-500W one.

>Overheating RAM
Check again? Sounds like a power limit thing.

current system:

2500k/ 8 gb ram/ asus1060 6gb (that i bought new in january for 200€, i know it was stupid, but upgraded it from a hd6950) and a 250gb ssd

i will mostly play games, i DO NOT plan to OC cpu nor ram (not for now anyways) , this pc should last me atleast 5+ years

plan to upgrade to:

3700x/3800x (obv waiting for benchmarks)
16gb 3200 ram (pretty much any brand? or aim for specifc one?)
b450 msi gaming pro carbon ac
any 500gb ssd

leaves open: gpu/monitor/psu/case/

gpu: 8gb would obviously be nice, but i cant really justify it for myself to upgrade again, (to a 2060super?), and i can wait until next year for

nvidias rumored 7nm ampere gpus

or should i try to sell my 1060 and upgrade again to a used 1080/1070ti, can find them sometimes on ebay for 350€+, as i really dont give a shit about RTX, obv.

waiting for rx5700/xt benchmarks

for a monitor i looked at these 3 (1080p,144hz,VA): MSI Optix G24C / samsung C24FG73 / MSI Optix MAG241CR (tending to the g24c, any suggestions/recommendations to consider?)

psu: is a 650W enough, with a (potential) midrange gpu upgrade next year ?

case: Corsair Obsidian 450D or a Pure Base 600 (worrying about airflow/cooling on this one), advice/suggestions needed

-should i aim for higher ram speed like 3600+? since apparantly ryzen2 benefits quite heavily from more speed (mobo supports 2133, 2400, 3466)
-i can get the mobo for around 80€
-biggest concern for me right now is the gpu, (upgrade or not)

>Is going to pull more from your PSU than a 180W card did. Which could be making the coil whine worse.
Again it's not the psu, I checked, I am 100% sure.
>Have you tried power limiting it to 180W? You can do it right in Wattman.
I actually undervolted it to 150W but the coil whine is still there, just another 10% less.
It's the way the card is built and the type of inductors used. Very good in terms of electric output but terrible in terms of coil whine.

>The heat from a 250W card is not going to be significantly noticed over a 180W one, though. That's what makes no sense about your situation. Especially with 5 Noctua fans which should be fine for a 1000W system let alone a 350-500W one.
Well my last GPU was an ITX shape, while the nitro is a massive card.
So maybe the airflow changed somehow?

Is there anything wrong with an GTX 1080Ti Blower graphics card over a non-blower?

I can save £80 buying the blower version second hand. I understand it runs hot but I have good cooling on my case, would that help keep it cool or not?

Attached: blow me.jpg (1024x659, 143K)

>Even the $200 3600 with PBO enabled has better single core perf than the 9700k, let alone the higher end models.
>believing AMD marketing
Get ready to be btfo on the 7th I guess

nah, I doubt it, considering the psu is rated to handle it. While my overclock on my RAM is temp sensitive and was climbing to stress test levels while under a gaming load because of the GPU.

here is where I am at currently, advise me

Attached: vega 64 nitro+.jpg (1820x870, 382K)

Not in CPU-z
My 9700k gets 540 at stock.

Attached: SmartSelect_20190620-094918_Samsung Internet.jpg (2479x1210, 992K)

here is my second config. Again advise?

Attached: vega nitro+ 2.jpg (1915x1079, 490K)

>would that help keep it cool or not?
no not really. Not unless the ambient temp in your room is like 15C.

Yeah I'm sure you'll spam cherry picks of the 5 games where Intel does 3% better and ignore the 20 games it gets BTFO by 5%.

>CPU-Z
Intel buyers really are this retarded wow

>My 9700k gets 540 at stock.
correct
Zen2 is roughly equivalent to Haswell in IPC

what kind of time unit is nm?

Uhhh I don't see anything wrong there?
0.956-1.0875v is quite low. 173W is quite low.

There is no reason why that card at 173W should make your case hotter than a 180W card did. That's just not how the laws of thermodynamics work. Watts are watts.

Do you have your rear case fan set as an intake instead of outtake or something?

As for the coil whine, if you're still getting it at 173W, I dunno. You'd have to contact sapphire support about it.

Quit lying and trolling.

>Do you have your rear case fan set as an intake instead of outtake or something?
nope, 3 intakes at the front and 2 outtakes at the rear
>As for the coil whine, if you're still getting it at 173W, I dunno. You'd have to contact sapphire support about it.
Again it's quite intense and pretty much like this video youtu.be/znjJZgeDQm0?t=12
Only in my case it feels more high pitched and faster than in the video.
Really the fans are quiet enough, but the coil whine, you can hear the bloody thing over every single fan and component in my case.

Will I be able to install Windows 7 on Zen 2?

how important is the case in your built?
because I can't decide between a corsair 150$ case and a 50$ cooler master one

>Yeah I'm sure you'll spam cherry picks of the 5 games where Intel does 3% better and ignore the 20 games it gets BTFO by 5%.
Screen shotting for the 7th

Attached: SmartSelect_20190620-100548_Samsung Internet.jpg (1319x123, 73K)

thoughts? 100% going for 3700X when it comes out, and I depending on how the RTX Super looks I will either go for a 2080 base or 2070 Super.

Not pictured is the LG 32in 1440p VA panel

Attached: r8.png (1469x946, 122K)

Why do we expect the R7 3800X to be the best for gaming, if the Ryzen 3 chips with higher core counts also clock higher?

Last time you said you're screenshotting me, you never posted the screenshot because you got BTFO.

$700 is too much to spend on a GPU with only 8GB of VRAM.
H100i is mediocre.
That SSD is insanely overpriced.
sound cards are shit. Get a DAC if you really need better audio.

The TDP limit effectively being higher per core means the 3800X should get the highest all-core boost.
Technically, yeah the 3950X with PBO enabled should be the best. And AMD's tests seem to indicate that as well. But it's also almost twice the price.

I'm looking for a case with the best possible airflow. So far, I'm leaning towards the mastercase pro 5. Is there a case with better airflow? Is the mastercase even good?

I was looking into a modern high end i9 for a workstation CPU but am concerned with not being able to upgrade in the future because the motherboards will not be supported by the 10th gen's, right?

So if I were to buy AMD 3950x or another high end AMD, will the motherboard set be supported for future AMD chipsets or is both AMD and Intel going to a one pump chump in terms of future motherboard upgrades?
I'm looking for a high end machine, single clock speed is imperative, followed by thread count.

>The TDP limit effectively being higher per core means the 3800X should get the highest all-core boost.
>Technically, yeah the 3950X with PBO enabled should be the best. And AMD's tests seem to indicate that as well. But it's also almost twice the price.
Interesting! Thanks for the explanation.

Last time I screen shotted an AMDrone was when they were claiming back in December it would be announced at CES and launching a few weeks after.

In all seriousness, a good screwdriver set.

are you the same inbred retard who constantly shilled freesync and claimed everyone who bought nvidia had to buy a gsync monitor as part of the price? oh yeah HDR shilling after your freesync argument got blown the fuck out this jan
>b-buy AMD it's better for HDR!

>Above Vega offers progressively poorer and poorer value. Wait for the RX 5000 series
oof this didnt age well

Attached: 1547954894988.jpg (1920x1080, 742K)

>still haven't posted it.

What happened? Did I miss something?

I'm planning on buying a mobo with wi-fi capability built in, but I'm a bit confused. It seems like there's many kinds of wifi. I know which kind mine is, but if I get a motherboard that says it has a different kind on it, will it not connect? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Thanks for the build advice. Mostly waiting for these parts to drop in price. Dont need the new rig immediately, but hopefully before black friday.
Dropped the sound card and will do more research.

are you the same retard who was shilling non-adaptive-sync monitors, pretending it didn't matter until Nvidia supported Freesync?

5700 XT isn't great price performance. It's better than Nvidia's, but still worse than $300 Vega 56.
Supposedly 5700 XT is about 30-35% higher performance, but it's 50% more money.
And Nvidia Super looks to be even more expensive than current prices were.

Any advice before I press buy?
pcpartpicker.com/list/QN4hV6

Motherboard for 3800x?

I want a 3800x, do I have to get an expensive motherboard to support that? I don't care about overclocking or anything. What's the cheapest that will do the job?

i haven't shilled anything. you were the one shilling $500 gsync monitors to people who were buying fucking gt 1030's and other weak cards. neck yourself.

Check msi or Asus for compatible b350 boards and if the bios can be flashed without a cpu.

>5700 XT isn't great price performance
Were people really expecting any different? Considering the state of the gpu market, I doubt a good bang-for-your-buck card will appear any time soon.
>And Nvidia Super looks to be even more expensive than current prices were
I think it's a trick. They release articles touting high prices so they can say "it's actually 2% cheaper!" at the price reveal. Screencap this.

why can't we have reasonably priced gpu anymore

AMD aren't providing any competition. Same reason CPU were expensive for ages.

When even the last brainlet understands that 2060 isnt entry level

Looks fine to me

Don't get the armor, the cooler is simply inadequate.
Why not wait for ryzen 3600?