profile=gpu-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossoft

Configuration Files:
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files
mpv.io/manual/master/#files

Input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Post your system specs and config if you're asking performance related questions.

Windows Builds:
Stable: mpv.srsfckn.biz/
Git: sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/

Attached: mpv-1.jpg (1600x900, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mpv.srsfckn.biz/
ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#w3fdif
macilatthefront.blogspot.com/2017/04/deinterlacing-hd-footage-without-losing.html
github.com/HomeOfVapourSynthEvolution/VapourSynth-W3FDIF
mpv.io/manual/master/#video-filters-vapoursynth
diff.pics/LDzppOuhI7Rt
github.com/wiiaboo/mpv-scripts/blob/master/auto-profiles.lua
launchpad.net/~djcj/ archive/ubuntu/vapoursynth
celluloid-player.github.io/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Windows Builds
No one here is stupid enough to run that malware, right?

just use mpc-be on windows
it's like mpv but it actually has buttons and doesn't show the no interface thing in your throat(though you can still do this if you wish)
also dark theme, yay!

I don't think you read what I wrote. I was asking for confirmation that no one on Jow Forums is stupid enough to run the malware known as Windows.

Bu-but muh games

Attached: 1518866279834.gif (800x371, 125K)

There are plenty of ways to play with games. My wife's nephew plays on an Android tablet. Maybe you should give that a go.

how old is this?
mpv 0.29.0-66-g0f3e25cb0a Copyright © 2000-2018 mpv/MPlayer/mplayer2 projects
built on Fri Oct 19 23:53:03 UTC 2018
ffmpeg library versions:
libavutil 56.19.101
libavcodec 58.33.102
libavformat 58.19.101
libswscale 5.2.100
libavfilter 7.34.100
libswresample 3.2.100
ffmpeg version: N-45772-g6871c17173

well both are malware, so what?

about 244 days

mpv.srsfckn.biz/

>last build @ 2018-10-02

Git

>last build @ 2019-06-16

thanks

Is it possible to save stream AND redirect to mpv on Windows?
Something like this youtube-dl -o "C:/Twitch/"-o - "twitch.tv/url" | mpv

That's a nintendo game on a nintendo console. And a bad use of the soi meme.

Is there keybind or way to make minimize window in input.conf?

install vlc you nerds

fuck off mpvnet is the new king cope

testing

gpu-api=auto
icc-profile=C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color\Adobe RGB (1998) D65 WP 2.2 Gamma.icc
icc-contrast=inf
hdr-compute-peak=auto
tone-mapping=reinhard

>amazon's unity
cringe, just upgrade ubuntu already fag

I mean how fucking hard is it to just have two computers?
Wintoddlers are seriously addicted to that shit if their excuse is game, everything but one computer on my house runs linux

gay

>Advanced setup
>cscale=ewa_lanczossoft
Manual recommends ewa_lanczossharp for scale, and nothing for cscale.

>Advanced setup
>cscale=ewa_lanczossoft
>based

Why didn't you comment this earlier?

how you make picture playlist on mpv to go faster?

nice trannyware

>he ate the patrician bait
pity you

madvr still rocking with w3fdif able to do ttf, with mpv you need to code your own vapoursynth shit

>w3fdif able to do ttf
u wot now?

>Unironically this.

>with mpv you need to code your own vapoursynth shit
Wouldn't --vf setfield=mode=tff,w3fdif do the same thing though?

look into record-file or stream-record

nah, w3fdif natively deinterlace bff, you need to use a .vpy port out there, but have no idea how to deal with that

So the documentation on the filter is outdated/wrong?
>ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#w3fdif
>This filter use field-dominance information in frame to decide which of each pair of fields to place first in the output. If it gets it wrong use setfield filter before w3fdif filter.

Finally, a good thread.

Probably not, but: macilatthefront.blogspot.com/2017/04/deinterlacing-hd-footage-without-losing.html

>w3fdif - Developed by the BBC, this is much closer to what I was looking for. Unfortunately it was originally designed for interlaced standard definition PAL content, and as such somehow does not have a mechanism for selecting Top Field First field order. It did successfully deinterlace the footage, but ended up looking herky-jerky as a result of the field order mismatch.

Basically, only --vf=bwdif does the trick, but is yadif optimize so produce a lot of blur.

This is the port I was talking about: github.com/HomeOfVapourSynthEvolution/VapourSynth-W3FDIF

If some nerd out there knows how to make it work with this, give me a hand:mpv.io/manual/master/#video-filters-vapoursynth

patrician thread what a time to be alive

>cscale=ewa_lanczossoft
Friendly reminder that the difference between EWA LanczosSharp and EWA LanczosSoft as chroma scaler is as placebo as it gets.
diff.pics/LDzppOuhI7Rt

Is there a method or work around I could put into my config file that plays a video on a specific monitor depending on its resolution? So basically if a video is like < 1280x720 or something, it plays on Screen A while videos > 1280x720 play on Screen B.

Is this possible or no?

might be possible with auto-profiles script
github.com/wiiaboo/mpv-scripts/blob/master/auto-profiles.lua

then something like this in mpv.conf
[720p]
profile-desc=cond:get('width',0) 1280
screen=1

try geometry setting if screen doesn't work

>launchpad.net/~djcj/ archive/ubuntu/vapoursynth is gone
Hmmm, anybody knows what happened?

Wait, so do I save this code as a lua file and place it into the default directory, then edit the config file as necessary?

Make a scripts folder in the mpv directory and put the .lua file in. Put the text in the bottom of your config as all text under [1080p] will only be applied to your 1080p profile.

Hmm, doesn't seem to be working. Only the [low-res] conditions seem to be taking effect, but it affects both the high res and low res videos, It's like the bottom profile isn't even being registered.

If I change screen = [X] under [low-res], it applies that setting to both conditions, rather than separation the conditions.

Attached: 2019-06-20 14_43_07-_C__Program Files_MPV_mpv.conf - Notepad++ [Administrator].png (765x224, 10K)

How do you prevent mpv from freezing when it encounters a corrupt file?

[ 16.515][e][mkv] Corrupt file detected. Trying to resync starting from position 310812726...

>HE'S STILL SEETHING.

I've been toggling around with it for a while now, moving lines, enabling/disabling lines and experimenting, and I've discovered the most strangest thing.

Literally only this line is what MPV registers, no matter where it's placed:

profile-desc = cond:get('width',0) 1200
screen = 2

doesn't register at all no matter what. If I have both enabled, only the settings for the second block above apply. If I disable the first block, same thing as the settings apply. BUT, if I disable the second block and change the setting to the first block, it doesn't apply anything.

So basically, for some reason, the specific condition " > 1200 " is being ignored by MPV. I have idea why.

Fuck, got it all mixed up...

the line with the condition 1200 is like it's nonexistent in MPV. Doesn't do anything even if I disable "

Might not be possible with auto-profiles, custom lua script maybe?

I just don't get it. What's the point of the script if I can't run profiles based on separate conditions? I thought that was what it was for. Also I don't know lua.

In fact, I don't know if the script is doing anything at all, considering the only thing it's doing is applying a singular global setting I can place literally anywhere in the config file with the same results. It just registers screen =, I don't even need the profiles to do that. The whole point of it was to have two separate conditions where I could do Screen = A and Screen = B.

Damnit. How can I request for this to be a feature in the future?

i think auto profiles runs before the video is loaded so width is always 0? don't really know.

Mostly playing weabs shit on 720p, since my laptop's monitor is only 1368x766. Can I get config files?

Download krig and use whatever scaler you like with it.
Thats all you need at that shit res with 720p content

sure, try this one, works for me:

vo=null

error-diffusion dithering is looking pretty good, thank god they finally merged it.

Attached: diffusion.png (1920x1039, 1.37M)

post comparison

Hmm really, how's mpc-be's quality compare to mpv?

GTX 970 3.5 meme card
i7-4790k
Windows 10 LTSC

I have a 4K HDR IPS TV primarily used to watch anime once in a while and absolutely nothing else. I don't know what I'm doing at all and only follow directions for setup. My previous setup was mpc-hc + madvr configured with NGU Anti-Alias Upscaling at Medium and it freaks my GPU out jumping from 60% - 90%. Though it doesn't lead to any frame drops, it's still fairly concerning and I believe it's HDR mode freaking out

so I want to switch to mpv
I don't care about any fancy GUI stuff all I need it to do is let me pause/play and upscale anime (and font rendering for subtitles)

Is mpv.net the exact same as mpv but with a GUI? Why the rivalry when it's just a fork?

Would an i7-3840QM be strong enough to decode high bitrate UHD H.265 video (read: 4K Bluray remuxes)?

My laptop's K2000M doesn't have hardware decoding for H.265.

Does shinchiro git build not have error-diffusion yet, will it soon?

mpv.net doesn't have all the functionality of mpv. And mpv.net introduces new bugs.

>mpv.net
mpv.net is windows

Bump

So did google fuck up something again?
YT videos take ages to start on mpv for me today.

bump

What's even the big deal about error diffusion?

better quality

mpv and mpv.net share the same backend libmpv. Therefore it didn't inherit all of mpv's functionality and is still catching up on some basic stuff.
The real rivalry though comes from mpv.net shills (both ironic and unironic ones) shitting up mpv threads with their constant advertisements.

Why should I use mpv over mpc-hc with madvr?

simplicity

prove it

But in what way? What scenarios profit (most) from it? And how placebo is it for the considerable amount of processing power needed?

Brainlet here
If I'm playing high quality-high-bitrate-high-res 8k files, do I need these settings?

>profile=gpu-hq
>scale=ewa_lanczossharp
>cscale=ewa_lanczossoft

Isn't it just for upscaling low res content?

for 8k files you only need
scale=catmull_rom
correct-downscaling=yes

keep profile=gpu-hq, the rest is just for upscaling, but you can look at the downscaling settings

im keenly curious of what you do for a living

profile=gpu-hq specifies Mitchell as downscale algorithm (which is pretty decent) and also sets correct-downscaling=yes, as the other user suggested.

and If I'm playing native-res high bitrate files? 1080 content on a 1080 screen with no visible compression artifacts, do I still need something?

Unless your video isn't chroma subsampled, which is rather uncommon, you may still want to look into chroma scalers. spline36 (the default cscale for gpu-hq) should be good enough for most people, but perhaps lanczos or ewa_lanczossharp is more to your taste.
Of course, if you don't mind using shaders and have powerful enough hardware, you might as well use KrigBilateral and never worry about chroma scaling again.

>better quality
Wrong. Better colours with bitdepth depth above your monitor, aka 0,1% useful in 4K boomer and weeaboo content.

Finally a reasonable answer, I think I'm goin back to mpv, thx user.

what's a good setting to reduce judder as much as possible?

video-sync=display-resample

Where do you put the exe ?
Do you use the updater script to directly install mpv or do you use install bat then updater

>wife's nephew
So... Your nephew.

Why in the hell would you want to install something and updating the files later without install them? Use your head.

So install bat will install mpv where is located ?

boy, you install the exe wherever you want and the double click install.bat after that, check from to time double-clicking the update.bat, if it downloads and updated .zip version, then you repeat the install.bat (is only to associate extensions)

English shitty af typing fast but you get the idea

stfu&answer

lose yourself

>Think chad Japanese fun-oriented Nintendo games are for cucks

You seem quite miserable. Soibo1s hate the Japs, with them being non-conforming to western social justice standards. No niggers on my games, besides Donkey Kong.

which one is the best and most developed frontend for linux?

mpv

>kek

celluloid-player.github.io/

WTF did youtube-dl remove the "issues" section from their github?