Be a tech journalist

>Be a tech journalist
>Don't understand how basic encoding works

youtube.com/watch?v=jzaXvEPyKd0

Attached: download.jpg (222x227, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SXkxZUfh8Ns
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

seriously i watched this earlier and i just couldnt fucking understand why he actually made the video other than to just milks the ryzen hype

>yes amd misled you
>we compare the misleading they did to principles technologies
>instead here is our encoding
>the fact that we havent shown setting on presets its totally irrelevant
>you should believe us

>b-b tech jesus you are calling out amd while litrally doing what amd did
>no we are doing encoding
>yes you encode without showing any settings what so ever just like amd
>no trust us

wtf was he thinking on this video

>watching Intel's outsourced PR-Team
LMAO

Attached: 1547697586525.jpg (218x250, 7K)

Not showing the settings wasn't even the worst part, they're just completely clueless about how encoding works and the test is completely useless because they don't understand that a lot of action on the screen means it's harder to encode for for a given bitrate unless you can make the cpu work harder - thus running it on slow actually makes a difference when playing fast paced games.

Dude trust me

it was obvious when he did encoding on cuda and compared it to CPU when first ryzen came out, I stopped taking them seriously after that
do his videos look better now?

remember how he boasted 7700K longevity over Ryzen? here we are now.

WTF dude
Delete

I also remember double duct taped m2 SSD coolers that somehow do not cool so well through duct tape

>7700K longevity over Ryzen?
are actually kidding? i don't remember that

Attached: 1551364039321.gif (250x188, 1.63M)

God I just hate his dumb raised eyebrows.

Have you bought that mod mat yet?

Attached: 1542909963340.jpg (1280x720, 248K)

What an idiot, even r/Intel of all places had called his bullshit tweet and he chose to double down. Moron.

CAN YOU PLEASE JUST LIKE FUCKING STOP OR SOMETHING HUH

Dude got famous trashing tech products of big companies, yet he has no idea what he is talking about 80% of the time.

Hardware Unboxed just proved a few days ago that the 7700K still holds it's ground.

>are (you) actually kidding? i don't remember that
sorry, laughed too hard while typing

first wave of reviews, like more powerful GPUs will come out and ryzen won't be able to handle them at 4k bullshit then proceeded to show CSGO at 320p

Can you link the original tweet?

Reminder level1news the only reliable tech channel.

Attached: level1tech.jpg (1149x689, 466K)

The difference between slow and medium is negligible. Any faster than medium and things start to fall apart, but below medium there's really no large gains to be had.

didn't you recently say AMD won't show anything at e3 and got BTFO the next day?

>the son
>the father
>the holy spirit

>intel unboxed
Leave.

its sad that we actually had to make a petition so that amd could send him stuff

people with actual knowledge never gets rewarded

on fast moving scenes?
medium its like dvix and slow is like blu ray

>Un-i'm afraid nvidia will stop sending me GPUs for trashing them about SLI-boxed

Pretty sure that's not true, but fuck it I'll record some uncompressed video of a fast moving scene then encode one version of medium and one of very slow.

brb 30 mins

I unsubbed not long ago. Hes an arrogant pos that thinks hes way smarter than he really is.

Go ahead and post a comparison. I'm in the middle of QTGMC deinterlacing a BD so I can't really do one.

gets destroyed on multithreaded with the exception of adobe for obvious shilling reasons

the gaming lead is now less than 10% while it was casually more than 25% back in 2017
yeah i can see that

probably pre w10 patches, I wouldn't be surprised if 1600x is on par with 7700K now

>uses QTGMC
>doesn't use slow preset
fucking yikes

yeah nah, Steve doesn't hide it. he's rather looking for good value than max performance for an insane price. to say AMDunboxed would be a bit too harsh but i'd watch HU than GoyimsNexus

I use very slow since I'm in no hurry. Doesn't mean that there's a ton of difference.

I unsubbed he's outgrown his head desu
Hope he gets rekt

>there's not much difference, I just feel like spending hours more on an encode
alright buddy.

all the great eventually fall, that's why you never worship ecelebs

>laps CPU on uneven modmat

More people need to tell him to step down and put someone else in charge of his channel, his bloated ego has reached colossal levels.

Attached: 1560948956599.jpg (2220x1080, 508K)

what amd cpu competed with the 8700k at the time I wanna go see how it compares now, my brother bought an 8700k

Was he ever great?

>all the great eventually fall

That's where you're wrong.

Attached: jUbJYdk.jpg (1920x1069, 106K)

8700K is still fine, it was quite expensive, but okay enough
zen 2 might beat it, will see

no. The only good thing he ever did was case reviews that made some mention of airflow

Yeah he did

this channel is so based, it was one of the very few channels that did a deep analysis on the AMD vs Intel that doesnt just boil down to "muh averages". They have actually shown frametimes and framepacing and all sort of stuff that actually matter to gaming.

Attached: 1558104058119.png (666x500, 703K)

I'm not spending hours on anything. My computer is.
This encode is going to take two days. What do I care? If it was done instantly I still wouldn't be starting another project for a few days anyway.

Based
Amen

I'm unironically convinced all the benchmarks wanking over high average FPS contributes to the fucked up segmentation of GPUs

>youtube.com/watch?v=SXkxZUfh8Ns
>(Not for Normies, lol)
Is he /ourguy/?

Fucking based

this is now Jow Forums official channel

>be programmer onions boy on Jow Forums
>never soldered in his life because the heat is scary

Drunk news is best news.

Slow doesn't improve the quality much at all.

Attached: boosh_test_card.jpg (377x327, 28K)

dude has always been a intel/nvidia shill

Attached: 35.jpg (1038x847, 271K)

>tech journalist
he is just a random gaymurr metalhead lol

I could tell the difference between the encodings and I know jackshit about this stuff.
Now what?

how far into the video did you get?

continue buying a new socket every year, goy

>now

Attached: 1539779166772.jpg (960x682, 38K)

If they would have let my boy EposVox be involved more, this video wouldn't have been such a train wreck.

Attached: 18689681.jpg (400x400, 48K)

>>wtf was he thinking on this video
oy vey, thanks schlomo for those shekels.
something along those lines

The 1700/2700

Dude used to run a mountain bike shop what the hell do you guys expect

unsure what kind of point you think you're making

nah, that's razorfist
he is simply fat tech jesus

Attached: Razorfist.jpg (900x900, 157K)

yup. Steve from HU really does think about value rather than performance. Jayz, Linus and HW all salivate over OC and MUH FPS. While Kyle and Paul just drink whole livestreams away fucking around.

mountain bikes != computer parts

ok
salient

kyle is the worst though
RGB fanboy
Glass sidepanel fanboy
Non performance oriented RGB aio fanboy

appeals to all the shit things about tech lately

He at least is reasonable when it comes to the actual hardware that counts. You can't say that for Jay, Linus and Tech Jeebus.

remember when he put duct tape between a m2 ssd and the msi heatshield and wondered why the ssd overheated?

amdrones seething that they got exposed and lose their stocks

Attached: 32f.jpg (251x242, 10K)

May not be the better but still works well enough.

>e-celebs

?
are you well?

watched / listened it all

Stop watching youtube content for kids. Watch LTT instead.

So they more or less create the same demo as the E3 demo, but instead argue the visual quality difference isn't worth it?

It still shows that AMD is doing more work without compromising the stream though. Would they be happier if AMD said "oh we streamed while running Prime 95 on half the cores?"

>t.Steve'Tech Jesus'Goldlocks

i usually like his coverage, but this one was a miss ... like what was he trying to accomplish?

kek, can't believe i bought two of those fuckers

if slow reduces the file size but not quality you can keep the same quality and reduce the bitrate with slow

the difference is you can do a lot of shit while playing
you can render your hentai on av1 while having 4 cores to play team fortress 2

Getting called out hard in his comments lmao.

as he should

>what was he trying to accomplish
To show that amd benchmarks with settings that no one uses because they offer placebo effects only to appeal to the retards that will think intel can't stream games

too bad that they don't have any idea how to make their videos more interesting to watch... their low viewer counts speak for themselves (which is a shame, but justified). I'm not saying Wendell should turn into a L*nus S*bastian, but he's just so boring to listen to and tedious to watch. He should make a new YT channel with Anthony from LTT.

>To show that amd benchmarks with settings that no one uses because they offer placebo effects

you might say that about 99% of the "Ultra" settings in games. Or the 120p CSGO benchmark.
AMD won this one, accept it.

in what world does anyone come away from that benchmark thinking Intel can't stream games? you and this retard are just making shit up from nothing people have been streaming games for 10+ years and nobody on fucking earth is under the impression that you need a $500 cpu that isn't even released yet to stream.

>nobody plays high speed games
>therefore intel wins

>AMD is too powerful therefor they lost

> *NEW* High speed games don't matter!

Streaming doesn't matter :-)

I wonder if Jow Forums will start shilling for intel once amd becomes popular enough just to be contrarian, I'd say maybe

not when intel offers this

Attached: more is better.png (1016x574, 14K)

This, the more diseases the better

>no Higher is better
you had one fucking job