Opera

Holy shit, it's fast. I just switched from Firefox, because I couldn't stand constant memory leaks and various errors anymore and the page load speed difference is unreal. The UI and features are better too. Putting aside the fact it's probably a Chinese botnet, it's really the best browser currently available.

Attached: 1534766045092.png (1000x480, 315K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
dumpert.nl/mediabase/7693625/4b8e706c/cruiseschip_klapt_op_toeristenboot_en_kade_in_veneti_.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

chink shit browser

>couldn't stand constant memory leaks and various errors
u wot m8?

use otter browser instead

Based

The desktop version is great but the mobile version is a bit slow. Still the built in ad blocker and VPN make up for it. Fucking faggot Google was spamming me with guyspy ads (?) for

I use it on Android.

Attached: combined.png (1798x768, 75K)

Jesus fucking Christ, man. It looks horrible.

>built in ad blocker and VPN
literally bloatware

They just werk.
Tbh I would like to get rid of the Google search bar on the phone but it's fixed and I'm not gonna use another launcher, it doesn't bother me that much. I'm not autistic.

what is icecat

A fork of Firefox designed specifically for permavirgins.

Chrome: nothing (weights 450 MB)
Opera: AdBlocker, VPN, Turbo, instant search, converter etc (weights 150 MB)
"""bloatware"""

>vpn

?????

>leftover processes after exit if it ran a bit longer
>dissapearing bookmarks after restart
>frequent crashes
>etc
firefox's been dying for years

it happens with ANY browser
>your old browser over time got so much shit it start lagging
>switch to any other browser
>clean install
>HOLY SHIT SO FAST

Opinions on Brave?

Attached: Brave_logo.png (512x512, 52K)

Iridium is a far better choice than Opera plus it's faster and botnet free

botnet
spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html

This is a windows only issue. Firefox works fine on all 3 of my GNU devices and all 3 android devices.

I like the ideas behind it
>BAT - 'content creators' do actually need to make money otherwise they can't make a living puttin stuff out there, and the web will shrink just to big corporate media publications, who you can't fucking trust. BAT creates a reward system for them without fucking up my browsing with shitty typical ads and maybe has better privacy
>ad and tracker blocking built in to the browser - I like uBlock Origin etc but ultimately it is some unaccountable 3rd party to me, I feel uncomfortable giving an extension like that total access to all my browsing and inputs etc.

However it's gonna be a long time before it's polished. Right now it's a work in progress and I don't like it. Firefox is still more useful/comfy on desktop and Opera is still more useful/comfy on mobile. I'll check back in a year or two.

Sorry to hear about your problems with firefox user. I never had the same. Your computer must be shit. You should probably find a new hobby like sucking dick.

everything is botnet

Am I gonna have to watch ads in exchange for good boy points which I can donate to my favourite futa hentai artist?

Attached: futa lol.gif (386x232, 2.72M)

>Going for Opera instead of Vivaldi.

Attached: 4DE58CB2-7DB8-4D8F-B1DC-D370F8E913C3.jpg (1144x894, 296K)

There are like dozens of fucking tipping buttons and services. No need for another crypto scam
"Content creators" are pure cancer and leeches. Without them internet was much better place

MSC Opera crashing:

dumpert.nl/mediabase/7693625/4b8e706c/cruiseschip_klapt_op_toeristenboot_en_kade_in_veneti_.html

Attached: Herzog - Das hab ich mir erlaubt (produziert von 86kiloherz) (1080p_25fps_H264-128kbit_AAC).dog.gif (299x288, 3.74M)

oh no it has an updater

Well there are 3 options. There's that.
Then there's allowing normieads through your browser so the artist can benefit that way.
The third is to keep doing what I assume you're doing right now and pay the artist real money every month or whatever.

The 4th I suppose is to just keep what you're doing and don't pay at all. But the web is gonna crumble if we keep doing that. There's just no way for '>le content creators' to make money doing it, there's no incentive to keep going. There's so much information and content on the web right now, it's the biggest it's ever been/ But don't take it for granted. In a world where independent creators can't make money, they'll all fall off, the web will shrink and the only places to find info and content will be publications of the mega media corps. e.g. Conde Nast, who puts out pic related. You think giving these megacorps full control of information again is gonna end well for us? Do you really expect ArsTechnica and Wired to put out controversial information? To rock the boat?

Well like I said above, there are 3 options.
>1. Let the current adsystems all over the web through your browser and let it pozz your browser and harvest your data
>2. Keep blocking everything like right now, and donate real money like a paypig
>3. Give Brave/BAT a try. They serve you ads form time to time but you're in control of how much info you give them for them to decide what ads to serve you. And they won't be potential malicious to your computer. That then gives you Good Boy Points which you can then send to your creators and they can turn that into real money and you don't have to spend your own money.

Call me a shill all you want, I don't care. It's a decent idea. I'm not using Brave right now because like I said it's too unpolished atm on both desktop and mobile, I'm sticking with Firefox and Opera for now. But it is interesting and I'm gonna keep track of how things for long-term.

Attached: conde nast.png (514x652, 18K)

Not really.
I've been using Opera for years and it just werks, and every time I switch to any browser it's fine for a week then shits itself full of lag and stutter.

> not using surf

oh no it's retarded

nice post about yourself

It's technically not a VPN since it only works for that browser session. So technically it's a proxy. A VPN would be network wide and route all network traffic.

I like this..from now on, you guys should keep all of your daily browser-shilling confined to one thread.

>no u
yikes
enjoy your botnet faggot

The UI is really the best part desu

you guys know Tor browser exists right ? right guys ?

Exactly the same as Firefox but with different branding

>muh memory leakz

Tor is just Firefox with some settings and extensions by default.

if the browser you claim is the best browser, is based on another browser, it's just a cheap offbrand imitation

t. Chromekike

>This is an issue only affecting literally 88% of all potential users so no need to fix it better update our COC though
Yeah really makes me wonder why no one uses the ram leak incarnate anymore.

Attached: 1557441228857.png (400x752, 399K)

>pc running like shit
>check task mangler
>firefox reported using 2GB
>idontbelieveyou.png
>taskkill /im firefox.exe /f
>memory usage drops by 8GB
Literally every single fucking time.

I don't even check the task manager anymore, when my pc seems slow I just kill firefox and 99% of the time that was it.
I don't know what the underlying problem is, but if you open a lot of tabs it starts to leak ram like a woven basket.

It's gotten a lot less noticeable after I upgrade from 8 to 16GB, but it's still happening every now and then.
I put up with it because it has a lot of good extensions and I don't want to switch to jewgle chrome.