I'm looking to buy a new laptop for when I start university i September, and I stumbled upon this...

I'm looking to buy a new laptop for when I start university i September, and I stumbled upon this. The reviews are generally positive and I can afford to pay it. Should I?

Attached: should_i.png (1920x1080, 680K)

Other urls found in this thread:

insanelymac.com/forum/topic/323052-guide-el-capitan-sierra-high-sierra-mojave-catalina-on-intel-5-6-7-8-9-chipset-series-nehalem-sandybridge-ivybridge-haswell-broadwell/?page=84
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thinkpad or kys

get a Thinkpad if you want to do real work
if you want a Asus wait for the dual screen one

Install Gentoo on an SSD and put it in your old laptop

I haven't had good luck with the durability of Asus ultrabooks

actually, although its been a few years since I was in school, when I was I frequently found myself annoyed with the uncomfortable keyboard and tiny screen (in physical size, not resolution) and I often wished I'd gotten a 15" laptop instead of a 12/13" one.

No.

Get a x230 or a x220, best laptops for using at school or work. Of course no gaming on this two, since they arent made for that.

They are very(very) lightweight and the battery last though the day.
Dont forget to buy a ssd, they ae cheap.

Attached: 1558890427619.jpg (1600x1280, 346K)

Lenovo shitpads are trash

Id get a dell xps for winshit and lincucks or a macbook pro if you want a mac. Might be some other nice ultrabook out there

x230/20 are best laptop ever, but after doing the fhd mod and the keyboard mod on x230. also the battery, even the larger one, dont do more than 6/7 hours.
i dont see him going trough all this, he's better with something newer like x250 or t450s.

buy a macbook. easy to use and you won't have any problems.

Used T470s

Why are you buying new? What is the point of already going into debt? Better to buy a used business laptop from HP or Dell and then see where you stand when you get there. Ignore anyone who says a Lenovo or Apple products.

And install OS X on it, for epic victory royale on Appletards *dabs*

>Ignore anyone who says a Lenovo or Apple products.
You aren't even trying

You can't programm iOS Apps on a WIndows or Linux notebook. Therefor you have to buy a mac.

Attached: 1561030363369.png (383x257, 171K)

or you install OS X on a superior thinkpad.
enjoy giving blowjobs to your big black spacebar icuck

Get a 2015 MacBook Pro full metal design, guaranteed support for years, aesthetic, great track pad and keyboard and around $500

You always need the newest version of mac os to code the apps.

Not trying but stating a fact. Lenovo and Apple laptops are the worst when it comes to people going to school. HP and Dell used enterprise computers can come at 25% of the price of those shitty meme brands with very close to the same specs and vastly out perform anything sold to the public. *IF* they need something other than what they have they can then switch to once they know it.

Just get a surface go

Just buy an alienware laptop if you want to succeed

Can't you read???? You need a amc to code iOS apps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get Teclast F7 Plus or Teclast F15 from China.

virtual machines son.

A fully upgraded/modded x230 its a beast.

If you know how to Hackintosh, just get a another ssd, and you can swap windows ssd to hackintosh ssd, since its easy to change drives.

Attached: 1558915310859.gif (639x299, 203K)

insanelymac.com/forum/topic/323052-guide-el-capitan-sierra-high-sierra-mojave-catalina-on-intel-5-6-7-8-9-chipset-series-nehalem-sandybridge-ivybridge-haswell-broadwell/?page=84

BTFO

macs are vanilla as fuck intel machines, it doesn't take much for hackintosh devs to catch up. The hackintosh scene has been blowing up in the past years, since Applel keeps fucking up their computers.

Bait

Get a ThinkPad, faggot

Modern macbooks cant run vms for shit and even have problems running docker images.

OP here, I almost forgot about this thread desu. This isn't bait, I need to update from my corelet inspiron that I've had for 5 years, and I'm studying computer science, so I need something that can last the 4 years I'm at university. Like I said, I have enough money to buy it, I'd happily go up to £1,000. I don't mind what I get, as long as it's not a HP or Lenovo bar Thinkpads because they've absolute dogshit.

I'd advise looking for shops that offer student discounts. Got my Thinkpad dirt cheap.