This is pretty sick, any chance we could use an actual brain as a CPU soon?

This is pretty sick, any chance we could use an actual brain as a CPU soon?

Attached: file.png (510x349, 211K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaserDisc
youtube.com/watch?v=1QPiF4-iu6g
creema.jp/item/7351477/detail
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That USB is fake

THOU SHALT ADD REFERENCES TO STATEMENTS NOT THINE

Reminds me of the documentary Johnny Mnemonic

certainly not the millionth scam to unload shitty flash memory

That's only like... 20000 bits though.
That's less than a 1.4MB floppy, around 0.0025MB or 2.5KB.

IT BEGINS
my brain is going to research, I'm not using it much anyway

lmao

What if you used a whale?

something's fishy

>any chance we could use an actual brain as a CPU soon?
*tactical cogitators activating in background*

Attached: Admech.jpg.jpg (340x346, 29K)

20GB.

CPUs operate on digital signals of either on or off, not analogue ones so no. Also this thing is clearly a fake. The fish is dead and mummified in some kind of clear resin and there's no neural to digital converter helmet on its head which last time I checked is fucking huge and can barely pull out concise analogue neural signals without surrounding synapsis firing noise.

What a shameful clickbait title, the nip nongs ain't SHIT.

This looks like an auntie's Facebook post

>store passwords on USB
>fish forgets them
FUCK

this is beyond cruel

>CPUs operate on digital signals of either on or off, not analogue ones so no.
Nothing is stopping you from encoding digital information into a analog media.
You realize tapes and CDs exist? Optical and copper broadband, etc. The way neurons work, you could probably encode several bits into one as different states or just use them like NAND or core memory.

Yes it's fake but you're still retarded.

It wouldn't be accurate, which is why analogue computing never took off. In fact 90% of analogue computing like in neurons is mostly error correction and shit still fails (ie memory lapse, inaccurate estimates, conflicting data bias, etc). Quantum computing is probably what you're really looking for, it takes all the good stuff of analogue computing but leaves behind the bad (currently in theory anyway).

Also CDs and broadband operate on digital signals as well. CDs just had really sloppy error correction and physical destruction of the disc surface destroyed entire blocks of data rendering them unreadable. They still read back 0s and 1s through pit indentations.

Attached: bits1.gif (598x385, 15K)

Unless you store CP in that sonovafish

>A USB

I meant LaserDisc not CD. While CDs are still not a perfect square wave when you read back the laser output, nothing really is, not even a CPU bus.
Broadband uses frequency modulation to encode several bits into specific frequencies, so does fibre but with light.

Your wikipedia skills fail you.

>implying it isn't just a fish preserved in acrylic with some fake wires going to its head and the entire flash memory is totally not contained within in the RF shield of the plug because that's how they are all made these days

>Quantum computing
Nice meme

Imagine how exciting your world must be if you actually belie that crap.

Now I want to store mermaid hentai on a fish.

laserdisc analogue flopped tho

>"However, while the encoding is of a binary nature, the information is encoded as analogpulse-width modulationwith a 50% duty cycle, where the information is contained in the lengths and spacing of the pits. In true digital media the pits, or their edges, directly represent 1s and 0s of a binary digital information stream.[19]Early LaserDiscs featured in 1978 were entirely analog but the format evolved to incorporate digital stereo sound in CD format (sometimes with aTOSlinkor coax output to feed an external DAC), and later multi-channel formats such asDolby DigitalandDTS."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaserDisc

Anyway however you encode data in the end analogue just didn't make the cut. Everyone would rather have repetitions of the measurement 1.00000004, 1.0000007, 1.0000005, 1.0000003 than 1.284839293, 1.393939, 1.1938493, 1.2948392.

Yes even modern day CPUs have round off errors that have to be corrected especially when doing integer OPS but it requires 1,000,000,000X less effort and error correction than any analogue computer in existence.

It's the closest thing we have to solve the N=NP problem which is really important if we want to get to that tech singularity desu.

>inb4 audioFOOLS raid this thread

Attached: img032.gif (600x450, 5K)

CPU I don't think so, but maybe utilizing a brain for a machine learning algorithms I think it more possible.

Image is obviously fake though.

Yes, keep ignoring valid argument about analog encoding so you can meme more about moot arguments.
What's your point? Your original argument that this wouldn't work or analog in computer isn't used was already falsified.

Great, if this is true there may be a chance in order to transfer our consciousness into a machine and become immortal in our life times

The ! really got me

Analogue is stupid, that's all.

YES you can encode it somewhat in analogue form and most of the time get the correct data you're looking for if ECC can keep up but pure analogue data and computing is fucking dumb, the amount of ECC required yet inability to still get errors makes it the dumbest form of computing to date. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

The only reason we haven't dropped "analogue" for things like wireless communication is because quatum tech hasn't replaced it yet, we fucking HATE it.

Your opinion on how stupid something is does not matter. Your original point is silly, own up to it and move on.

Attached: obvious revelation cadpig.jpg (633x629, 75K)

Fucking asians psycopaths

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

>Japanese
>person

Attached: image.jpg (600x600, 195K)

Is this why really old hard drives were big?
Were they just whale brain jars?

It's ok fishes don't have a soul.

user,
youtube.com/watch?v=1QPiF4-iu6g

Yup, you nailed it.

Attached: 1561032403890.jpg (664x316, 61K)

fuck off tripfags

Why does it bother you that much? Honest question here. You're not preserving a board worth a shit, half the time it's just consumerist circlejerking and wojak/pepes to accompany the posts.

pharmakom

Can I fit a copy of Finding Nemo on a USB fish stick?

>Only being used for design purposes
fuck off poopoohead

Attached: 20190620_182505.png (1440x1606, 1.2M)

>Why does it bother you that much?

It doesn't, I just wanted a (You). Why do you unironically debase yourself with the label tripcuck?

Why does it matter? In the end we're all anonymous desu, only like 10% of the tripfaggots actually exposed their real identities. In the end they were about as anonymous as you though most couldn't take the banter from archived posts with their trips.

Shame, it was somewhat fun while it was a thing. You could also tell which user to avoid a mile away. Idk, maybe I'm getting too old for Jow Forums desu.

Made me chuckle

Nothing is stopping you from doing analog computing. It's just not favored because of how hardware turned out to be.
I don't think it's worthwhile to do a serious debunking of this. If this isn't obviously fake to anyone I'd rather let them live in blissful ignorance and fantasize about the topic as if it wasn't fiction. Exception would be very young children. They might need this explained to them.

Then why can I store 100s of GB of music in my small human brain?

> imagine being so retarded that you believe in this crap

He doesn't appear to be using a tripcodde

You seem to h𝖺ve m𝖺de 𝖺 bit of 𝖺 mist𝖺ke in your post. Luckily, the users of 𝟦ch𝖺nnel 𝖺re 𝖺lw𝖺ys willing to help you cle𝖺r this problem right up. You 𝖺ppe𝖺r to h𝖺ve used 𝖺 tripcode when posting, but your identity h𝖺s nothing 𝖺t 𝖺ll to do with the convers𝖺tion. Whoops! You should 𝖺lw𝖺ys remember to stop using your tripcode when the thre𝖺d it w𝖺s used for is gone, unless 𝖺nother one is st𝖺rted. Posting with 𝖺 tripcode when it isn't necess𝖺ry is poor form. You should 𝖺lw𝖺ys try to post 𝖺nonymously, unless your identity is 𝖺bsolutely vit𝖺l to the post th𝖺t you're m𝖺king. Now, there's no need to th𝖺nk me, I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the 𝖺nonymous im𝖺ge-bo𝖺rd culture!

>𝖺

post the link tripfaggot

No.

yea I'm gonna have to call your """"news"""" complete bullshit then

cool keep on with your anime/weeb shit then nerd

Attached: skellies boning.png (400x541, 230K)

Attached: yourcomment.webm (318x208, 284K)

damn nice pic

what is she looking at?

>1337
>secure tripcode
holy FUCK go away

his triip ain't secure, retard

GLaDos is now a real possibility.

>that pic
>not an animation

Attached: hercules[1].jpg (560x345, 35K)

sprry d00d

Attached: jock skelley.gif (540x414, 1.34M)

Why? Because they're using wetware to store digital data? Or because they used a fish to do it?

Attached: johnny-neumonic-keanu-reeves-dolphin-jones-.jpg (1200x680, 99K)

Why not both?

I found the store page
creema.jp/item/7351477/detail
$130 for the base model
$180 for the 128gb model
seems they ship to foreign countries too

lol wtf it's real?

Horseshit

lolgey

Definitely cannot use a goldfish for this one

it's just a regular usb stick with a dead fish and some wires in acrylic to make it look "cool"

>flash memory
*fish memory

I never thought there would be a need to certify vegan USB sticks, but the Japanese have come up with a way.

Human Brain only supports lossy file formats. I hope you enjoy that shit bitrate in your head bro

Attached: Virus.1999.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.mkv_snapshot_00.52.04_[2019.06.21_00.51.28].png (1920x816, 2.92M)

>neurons are analog
Weeeeeeeeeewew

That's literally just a niboshi/iriko fish that you get for pennies in the supermarket somebody shoved into a tube with a USB connector.

based

It's not digital information.

>first step to GLaDOS
welp, looks like the robotos will be taking over soon
gg, it was good while it lasted

based

imagine the smell

How long does it last