Any one else completely dissapointed with this timeline/version of the future...

Any one else completely dissapointed with this timeline/version of the future? I mean we are in the most boring version of cyberpunk possible.

Attached: 1.png (1161x295, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2017/11/02/cryptocurrency-exchanges-officially-dead-in-china/#5733c6302a83
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Florida to pay $600k
Your tax dollars at work, Americans.

Most boring if your not the hacker who got paid out.

Seriously if you pulled this shit off you'd probably seize up with an asthma attack. But you lack the mind and skill so you pretend its dull to cope with the fact that you know you'll never be as slick as that person or be the brainlet tasked to hunt them down, and itll take you 10+ years to make that kind of money.

Enjoy your shitty life.

That's a big yikes from me chief.

I came here to post something like this. 10/10 post.

>These morons are actually willing to pay
The hack0r should up the price to 1 million freedumb dollars and not deliver anything when they pay

based and redpilled.

Projection

The police chief in that town makes 150 thousand usd alone

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 12.20.08.png (658x2168, 224K)

Boring is stable. It allows for technological development and the potential to live forever via CRISPR, etc. All you have to do is live long enough to reach life extension technology, then *eternal& life with robotics/organ growth, etc.

We are one massive world war, asteroid strike, super volcano, etc. from devolving back hundreds of years and ruining our course of progress. If you want to live forever, you want boring right now because it's the only way.

Considering he's literally the chief of police, that's pretty damn low. "Chief" anything at any other sizable company is easily into the 200k range.

Wishful thinking. The guy will get caught quickly. Imagine being so undeducated, isolated, and unwanted by businesses that you turn to one-offs? Crime doesn't pay.

Military drones exist

Crime literally pays $600,000

Until you are caught and end up doing 200 years.

Greater and more dangerous criminals have tried to extort more out of police. The FBI will make short work of him soon enough. It's just some computer dude.

That's because you're not the one making that mad money brah

He's probably in a country like Russia or China.

Well then he's not getting his money. World governments control cryptocurrency so it's a dream of his.

I'm not the brainlet trying this, just pointing out the criminal is going for that high score in life unlike the user crying about it on his librebooted Lenovo+bed isolated from the globe.

Might as well be in prison if they're gonna live like a nigger.

Also if the criminal is in another country he can dip with his money to a non extradition country, if they ever even find him.

>not realizing it's a false flag for politicians to then push for a ban of crypto in the US

Then the gobmint will never get its computers back

9 years ago.. 9! I put into place a backup system just for this vs your standard tape backups. I was help desk and paid $40k a year. I was the fucking IT help desk and even I know what to prepare for and only $1k in equipment. Just about everyone in charge of that City should have been straight up fired to pay for the $600k. EVERYONE. Took me a week to toss into place as well as providing support over the phone and in person.

>and the potential to live forever via CRISPR, etc
Doubt it. People will be shitting themselves in rage at the mere idea of that, so regulations will delay it to the point where it's too late for any of us.

>the guy hiding in the mountains of China will get caught quickly
Sure thing buddy.

You wouldn't even pass an interview for a quant role at a hedge fund or prop shop. Get out of here brainlet.

sickburn.gif

This.
The US can't even fly a top of the line expensive drone over the sea without it getting instantly shot down by a shithole living in the Dark Ages like Iran.
Freedumb land has no power over China

No, they'll just pay russian police to fuck him up.

If it was a foreign power then it's a national security problem and federal agencies can retaliate. If it was some mongrel, he will get apprehended by authorities.

Not that user but looking to get into programming, only have novice C/C++ knowledge atm. What woudl you recommedn for getting gud? People say take apart programs and learn from that, but they never really say what sort of program.

Programming or reverse engineering? Creation or destruction?
If you want to create, you need mathematics to be able to formulate and solve the problem, then rewrite the solution in code. It's an invariant, you cannot program without mathematics.

What makes everyone here think they will be caught?
If you practice opsec well enough, or even halfway fucking decent, then you will get away with it.
I mean fuck, 95% of these things, they get caught because they open their fucking mouth afterwards.

As for "lol trace the money reee" Ok so you take the bitcoin they sent you, you split it into ten wallets.
You then put that into ten different exchanges
You then exchange it to dogecoin, litecoin, kanyecoin, whatever coin
You then withdraw that, swap around exchanges on new accounts
Repeat the process a couple of times
Finally convert all back into one bitcoin wallet
Congratulations, your money is unfuckingtraceable.

Have sex

>why yes, hello fellow law abiding, goy... erm I mean citizens.
>yes crime does not pay.
>law enforcement are omnipotent.
>don't go getting any ideas

>opsec
Opsec has been dead for years, world governments have full dominance over surveillance.
>muhhh buttcoin
World governments not only sustain but also monitor and control crypto transfers and the FBI have been seen before apprehending criminals who thought they were anonymous.

Why the fuck is every dumb nigger on this board cheering for criminals?

I'm doing math for my undergrad, so I'll be making progress in that as I go. I would like to create things. As interesting as muh ebin black hat sounds, I'd rather get paid to put stuff together legally. Maybe if I'm a boomer that's a "Super Wizard Class Hacker" ala GitS I'll bother with being a cartoon villain.

IT professionals are all fucking idiots. Why the fuck isn't the standard way to run IT compartmentalization yet?

Instead people browse the fucking web on "intranet" machines ... it's retarded.

>you're just mad you don't know how to rob people and get away with it
You're still a nigger if you steal money from innocents over the computer and have white skin.

That's why the US/EU should just ban cryptocurrency.

If they block bank/credit card transfers to exchanges cryptocurrency immediately goes to zero, problem solved.

BTC would actually go up; China would use it as unfettered laundering material. Bitcoin billionaires wouldn't just say "Aw shucks" and dump the market.

That said: Literally just exchange it for XMR.

>selling wage slave mentality
Why?

Ada-SPARK, TLA+, Prolog, Coq - formal verification.
Look up books on writing secure code. Take a formal logic class (first order logic). Look up programming specifications for military and civilian air vehicles.
Play around with openbsd code, it's much more understandable than linux trash and safer.

Okay, let's assume the guy "gets" $600k. After laundering and opsec he will be left with $100k TOPS. That's a year of website making. And if he gets away with it (unlikely) it's the hit of a lifetime. that's all the cash he'll make. And he won't be able to sleep for the rest of his life.

>some guy in the mountains of China costed us $600 000
>let's do some stuff that will cost 100 billion and get us into a war that we will lose for sure
Ask me how I know that you're an American.

>>no one can exchange BTC for anything real without a physical exchange
>BTC would actually go up;

What Bitcoin billionaires do with their now worthless bits is neither here nor there.

You know computational mathematics can piece that all together. Not like you would know with your room temperature IQ and your edgy LARPing on the dark net.

>After laundering and opsec he will be left with $100k TOPS.
Peer eviewed source for this claim?
>That's a year of website making.
That just means he saved like 1k hours of time.
>it's the hit of a lifetime. that's all the cash he'll make.
How did you arrive to this conclusion?
>And he won't be able to sleep for the rest of his life.
Source this intel as well. No wonder you're not pulling thousandaire hits; you can't even into reasoning without pulling info out of your ass.

>And he won't be able to sleep for the rest of his life.
Why not?.

What kind of brain damage do you have to think there will be a peer reviewed publication for that? You must be a frequent user of Chinese meth from the markets.

So one can make very specific numbers regarding the efficiency of money laundering, but there are no sources for those oddly specific figures? Who's the retard then pal? Fucking idiot.

Show me a journal that would publish it.

it would require that the FBI coordinate with all 10 currency exchanges.
There are no public logs for exchanging between cryptos you idiot

Better yet: show me the source of the claim that 600k turns into 100k after laundering.

You're making the (incorrect) assumption that:
>All exchanges are headquarted in the US
>The majority of BTC hashpower is in the US
>P2P BTC-Fiat transactions don't exist
>BTC won't continue to be used as a store of value in Asia
>DEX don't exist.
You'd need to kill Tether and every other stablecoin. Unless you meant banning crypto entirely, which is equally fruitless.

Don't get me wrong, BTC being killed would make Jow Forums sculpt granite figures of weeping Wojacks, but it's just not happening barring something that causes a global internet catastrophe. The nation of Bulgaria stockpiled some BTC itself. Obviously it's not a primary fund of any sort, but if sovereign states are considering keeping a few for funds, I doubt the US punishing their citizens will matter on a global scale.

You don't even know how peer reviewed publications are created. Fuck off you pretentious loser.

Lol, you really think there don't exist exploits in the servers that are hosting that data?

Thanks user, I'll look into this. I want to have a portfolio when I graduate.

>It would
It wouldn't, you have no idea how deep state agents are embedded in crypto.

This is not about publications, troll. Here are the facts:
1.- A claim was made that 600k turn into 100k after laundering.
2.- Source for this claim hasn't been provided.

And you're basically implying that:
A.-If you don't know how X works, then claim A needs no source to be taken as true.
B.-If there is no info on Y topic, then any claims about Y can me made and should be taken as true.

You're a fuckign idiot kid. Stop making shit up on the Internet and expecting it to fly unquestioned.

I'd be even funnier if they did deliver the machines but nuked all the drives

I've actually worked with law enforcement as a contractor and it's not public information. Not that you'd do anything with it if it were. But what you can do is demonstate how you would pull out any meaningful sum of traceable money to the real world without getting caught.

You said you wanted a peer reviewed source - that's what a research publication is you fucking moron. You wouldn't know this because you couldn't handle college, you fucking loser.

don't worry OP, its still the boomers that are making these decisions. wait for the upcoming generations and see how they deal with this stuff

>guys my dad works at Nintendo
I also work at Interpol and my experience says that the rate is 95%, not 1/6th. What happens now? My intel is super-seekrit 1337 too BTW, I can't share it.
You still have no source? Checkmate then.

You cannot question these figures because you don't have the authority to question them. That is, if you call your local PD asking for the last 10 laundery cases, they will hang up because you're just a dumb ordinary citizen. You are extremely naive if you live in this tiny bubble where everything without a scientific publication is not a fact. You can continue acting childish.

>the absence of evidence is the evidence of absence
You sound like those retards who take research chemicals and get brain damage but are in denial about it because precious grant money wasn't used to perform a study on it.

People have held up dark markets for ransom and got paid hundreds of thousands in bitcoin and never got caught so that's cool.

>everything without a scientific publication is not a fact
Therefore anything without evidence should be taken as a fact? I don't think so.
You sound like you're not providing proof of the money laundering 1/6 thing yet.

It's confirmed you have brain damage.

the funny thing is that all started because one dumb boomer clicked on a fake email

>I-I talk shit without having anything to know if it's true, but you're basically bad NPC for not believing it and me call you names
Bye faggot.

I'm not telling you to take it as a fact. Logically, without proof there is uncertainty but not necessarily disproof. I gave you a rough estimate based on what I've seen.
If you require more information and archival proof, you can personally write a raging email to the FBI for all I care.

Holy fuck you two are gigantic fucking retards.
Yes, op sec and laundering costs money so 600k isn't actually 600k.
Also yes, you pulled that number out of your ass to illustrate that point just fucking own it and stop dancing around it trying to defend your bloated self-importance.
For fuck sake, this should have been a two comment conversation.

That user is right. Nobody cares that you're a cop asshole. You don't know shit and you should've finished high school instead.

Wow what a raging angsty sperg. Don't start if you can't finish. Call the FBI and ask for 5 years worth of crypto laundering cases.

>make loads of money
>go and spend it in a third world dystopian shit hole where you will probably die when the state enforced organ harvestors pass through your village

wow crime sure is cool kids!

You're the retard. As I've said, 600k turn to exactly 100k after laundered. Not a penny less, not a penny more. I have experience.

>falseflagging
Yikes dude. Just turn the PC off and wipe your face.

So user is right then, you're a moron.
My bad chief, you were right. Kid's retarded.

eww no

You mean like the Florida government did to get that money?

Costs are at most 50k and likely far lest. Unless you've got an itemized list of at least a singular incident's costs, you're just a lying scam artist faggot gas lighter. People should kill you because you want to steal their money.

you and I both know the PD will pay up

You DO realize all of what you did is just fucking pointless right? As long as the government has metadata on each step, it can trace the dots. Crypto transactions are public, all they would need is transaction metadata from your exchange to see which exchange account received from that wallet, and see who's credit card is registered.

Federal enforcement can compel any business to hand over records. Not that they even need it, they're almost certainly balls deep in every exchange because of its possibile use in terror financing.

He missed the step where you send similar amounts to a randomized array of unrelated wallets and filter out cash by hiding in plain sight. They can see all they want just give them a million leads to chase. You' need to burn a fake identity, but it's entirely possible to get away from this shit clean.

You know damn well that BTC was taken over by Chink botnet mining farms and that most BTC are in the hands of a handful of people who manipulate the market whenever they feel the need to

Crypto is banned in China. Unless you mean the government itself is rubbing shoulders with all the enlightened basement dwellers in the west.

China is where the cyberpunk is going to be at. The Tier 1 cities are already getting the aesthetics right, and the technocratic authoritarian system of social credit, Internet control and AI assisted camera surveillance is in full swing.

Attached: 31d3bb98-8324-4bad-a554-6986e3453758_1.2685bcf666f08794cfc7beab33496f2c.jpg (1100x733, 105K)

cope

Last I checked they were "discussing a proposal" to ban crypto.
Which is codewords for something else, as it's China and when they want a law they don't need discussions...

Assuming this person had several times of 600k in bitcoin lying around, the feds could just get the transaction exchange metadata from this array of wallets. It is possible if you get the necessary forgeries to open a bank account under a fake identity, and cover your IP tracks well enough. But all that stuff about shifting money between wallets and exchanges is retards trying to sound smart.

Attached: neckbeard.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

China banned the use of crypto shit for its citizens a couple of years ago. I remember distinctly because my friend wouldn't stop bitching about it since it happened as his dumbass invested into the shitshow.

forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2017/11/02/cryptocurrency-exchanges-officially-dead-in-china/#5733c6302a83

Honestly, any sort of existence would be more interesting if you got off Jow Forums and applied yourself.

kek

why are you so upset about this? I wouldnt like hacker extorting an individual but fuck some shitty state in some mongrel country, who cant even get basic system back up right. $600k isnt even that much much, dem programz probably cost 20 time more and that is complete waste of money, at least here some poor computer guy will get a start in life.

I am pretty sure the money shifts are investment on your end to buy enough of a time-window to yeet yourself and your loot out of their reach. I don't think anyone was advocating that a misdirection was going to leave the feds confused grabbing their heads as the money just disappeared in front of their eyes.
So the second you start moving your crypto around the clock starts. The plan is to siphon enough out for a payday while keeping the feds eyes on the transactions. By the time they figure it out you should be gone, at least that's the idea.

10 years 40 years 200 years? how about i'm doing none of them

Yeah, that part is not up to you wanting it or not. It's more about you being smarter than the people tracking you, and it's bullshit because they have al the time in the world and you can only fuck up once.