/spg/ - Smartphone General

Blatant OP Shill Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Capture.png (397x872, 426K)

Other urls found in this thread:

androidauthority.com/huawei-sailfish-os-998420/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>not linking to ACCC edition

Previous Thread:

It seems the Redmi Note 7 is the best value phone right now, but I can't get over the notch meme. Is there any comparable phone sans retinal cancer?

Attached: 1560024970288.jpg (700x474, 60K)

What features are you after

Xiaomi doesn't have all bands, and comes with blatant adware

No modern phones appeal to me. Too many meme features / meme lack of features. They make me sick. I'm thinking of getting an LG V20. A few sellers have them on AliExpress. Are they trustworthy?

Attached: 1560993695776.jpg (1242x2208, 170K)

Attached: 1560993877449.jpg (980x1024, 121K)

Yes - also, LG V20 was one of the last to have a removable battery. Don't expect updates though, LG are shit at providing those

I'm buying no phones at all because I'm so fucking tired of this bullshit.

Best cpu+memory+battery combo possible for that price range. The most obvious answer would be the Mi A2, but apparently the screen on that one is pretty lackluster. Dim.

I wouldn't even be so flustered about the notch if the upper bezel was as thick as the lower bezel at their thinnest point or, if the lower bezel was as thick as the notch line. I have autism+ocd and I wouldn't stand looking at that for much longer. Even all mental illness apart I don't understand why these manufacturers are ignoring common symmetry principles of industrial design, and why people are buying them.

* if the bezel was as thick as the upper bezel at their thinnest point

>tfw you bought a OnePlus 6T

Attached: 1520478350526.png (892x522, 611K)

>buying chinkphones

I'm waiting for pinephone because it seems to actually offer something different than just more cameras and less bezels. Meanwhile i've been using an old nokia e6 because my nokia 8 broke couple of months ago.

Pixel 4, here I come!

>mi 9t cost 400$ in my shithole

Fucking shit mates, i dont even want the features, flagship chips, nfc, none of this crap.
I just want a whole screen and a big battery, my A1 is showing age already.

Attached: 1560007752026.png (727x755, 825K)

How big is this thing? Too much? Is usable one handed?

Attached: dce555e7-92ee-40b4-8f77-c5ef7e3eade9.jpg (699x699, 50K)

Its fucking massive

Looking to replace my xperia compact x (don't like huge xbox phones)

any ideas on what I could get that isn't much bigger? not entirely happy with Sony

budget is a non issue

Attached: 1496036781021.png (363x321, 302K)

Smaller than the Oneplus 6T, about the same size as the Oneplus 6.
Compared to the 160mm+ phones coming out now, it's not that massive. 159 is my limit, I'd never go for a phone bigger than that.

Running lineage for the first time ever. Pocophone.

wat next?

You do know you can hide the notch, right? Also, if you don't want to go that route, just wait for the next phone in the Redmi Note series. It would most likely have a motorized front camera.

Get Indian citizenship because you're already pajeeting it up.

i'm considering buying a used lg g6 in great condition because of the unbelievable price
reassure me Jow Forums, it doesn't have similar hardware problems to what the g5 and g4 had?

Attached: lg-g6-test-770.jpg (770x577, 195K)

I love my OnePlus 7 Pro and I couldn't be happier with it except for the fact that unlocking the bootloader fucks up the botnet drm shit.

Install microG and use as much FOSS apps as possible.

Do you guys think there's a chance that the google pixel 3a will get LineageOS support for someone that wants a degoogled phone but still with a great camera?

There are no smaller type of phones available anymore desu. You could take a look at the samsung a40 I think which is still okayish sized or the pixel 3a. I wish they'd take a step back from those gargantuan phones and make a bezeles iphone SE sized phone instead.

I'm replacing my breaking Samsung S6 with a Xaomi Mi8 Lite tomorrow

Feeling pretty good about it frens

Attached: 1538204435934.gif (528x555, 816K)

Go with a Nokia their old and rubbish but better than your job

Attached: image.jpg (420x420, 19K)

How much will it cost?

why the fuck do all modern phones go for the "lets have it all be a screen and its all glass" meme, what happend to hardware buttons and having a dedicated area below for buttons and above the screen for cameras and speakers

Attached: s6.jpg (314x606, 26K)

i need some stock widgets like the ones on iOS... what app should I install?

Attached: fasdafsd.png (640x1136, 446K)

androidauthority.com/huawei-sailfish-os-998420/

so, is trump literally giving us linux on phones?

Based orange man. He did the impossible.

>hardware buttons
Bad, particularly the capacitive ones in samsungs were annoying. Still kind of easy to press accidentally but were physical.

Screen space is just nice to have, you know?

Bezels are important though. Otherwise you'll be accidentally pressing your screen when you're holding your phone. Look at the Xperia 1, it's the perfect instance of having very small bezels.

I remember reading that it would be something like 150$ I think.

Yeah, I always use cases on my phones anyway so I don't mind the phone itself being mostly screen.

Currently rocking one like this; gives plenty of area to grip.

Attached: reatardo case.jpg (1050x1500, 143K)

Based Ringke Chad. I always use their cases if I can help it.

Degoogled phone on a Google device kek

Are we going to see affordable undercamera displays available this year still lads?

Oh please sweet jesus let this be true.
yep, I realize how weird and dumb that sounds.

>this year
No. Next year maybe

The camera is largely so great because of google software m8

Mi A3 when?

Attached: 1524223963439.jpg (495x362, 30K)

SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER

Fuck it seems like here in the US Android is losing makretshare... Back then I would see 50/50 Android/iOS but these days its like 60/40

It's a comfy feeling

>Back then I would see 50/50 Android/iOS but these days its like 60/40
>Android is 60% now
>lol it's worse now
???

no shit when android is going full retard, copying apple with dumb shit and the flagships are just as expensive now

>no shit when android is going full retard, copying apple with dumb shit and the flagships are just as expensive now
Lol no. Android isn't just Samsung you dingus.

Why are almost bezel-less phones with no notch so rounded? Also status bar is huge seems weird that the screen isn't squared off at the corners but rounded off.

yeah, but not like americans get based chinkpones

+ not like the other brands are that well known

What is the best value used phone on eBay right now? I'm in Canada, and I could go for either iOS or Android as long as web browser rendering is fast enough, and the camera is good.

Is snapchat a spook?

+burgers don't use Whatsapp so you're an outsider if you don't use imessage

>*ting ting ting*
>*EHEM*
>FUCK slabshit
>FUCK chink slabshit
>FUCK notchshit
>FUCK no-3.5shit
>but most importantly FUCK non-tactile input methods

Attached: fxtec-pro1-technobuffalo-23.jpg (800x600, 92K)

>FUCK curvedshit

How about the S10e? Im on a similar boat and want a small but reliable phone.

Who cares about burgers

girlfriend wants a new phone, and we're kind limited on options due to our carrier. what's the main difference in having an s9+ over s10e

Can someone in the know hook me up with some basic tier unlocking guides? like, what do they mean when they say "i want to unlock this phone from verizon" and ways to find unlocking guides, maybe practice on a few older ones and work my way up to newer ones?? Systems programmers here, i'm not a dummy, just clueless on this particular area.

Thanks

Im ok with mine, been using it for two years now. Runs exactly as when I bought it, front camera is meh but back camera is great (even better with gcam), battery last the whole day but demanding apps like heavy games, snapchat and such can drain it a bit faster. Screen is incredibly comfy for netflix. I got the H870DS model if that helps for anything.

>Based edition
Based

dude its like 52% IN US AND 75% worldwide

You need to buy unlocking codes on ebay or use something like RSIM on iPhones.

If it's good enough for Downey, it's good enough for me!

7p owner here. Massive monkey hands and can barely use it one handed, if you are a Handley u are out of luck

I've wanted the xi for a while now but after trying out dad's iphone 8 today I dunno... might take the pixel 4 after all.

they said they uncurved the screen but not by much.

>tfw want to buy a budget phone but I despise those round corners of redmeme note 7 and everything else in that price range seems inferior to it.

iPhone SE.

How do you cope with buying new phones when you can get them for 40% off after a year?

>I've wanted the phone which doesn't exist for a while now but after trying my dad's iPhone 8 I might take another phone that doesn't exist

>when you can get them for 40% off after a year?
Not so sure that's the case globally.

>>I've wanted the OS which exist for a while now but after trying my dad's OS I might take another OS that does exist
ftfy

it's simple: I'm rich

>Xi
>Pixel 4
Yeah, you were totally and specifically talking about Android and iOS here.

but most importantly
>FUCK curved screens and cramped "keyboards"

Attached: [email protected] (2048x1365, 288K)

then why are here and not buying like 10 phones and just keeping the one you want?

mm yeah I would choose between the pixel 3 and iphone xs today if I couldn't wait another 3 months.

>received my rn7 yesterday
>already super happy with it
only dislike the notch, but ok (thanks appul)
cant wait to unlock the bootloader, are there any good custom roms worth checking out?

chekked, also pic related

Attached: im-rich-bitch.jpg (450x313, 93K)

Pixels are the worst. Their value absolutely tanks when the next Pixel comes out. Absolutely 50% price difference, at least here.

>buy unlocking codes on ebay or use rsim

is there some forum or blog post where I can get a comprehensive view on this subject so that I don't throw away my time/money/safety/resources ? I want to understand it in order to prevent shelling out X amount of dollar for something that doesn't work...

dont get it, mine had bootloops and really bad screen retention, I sent it in and lg returned my phone with 2 deep scratches on the screen right in the middle.

Use Nacho Notch to hide it.
There aren't many custom ROMs available for it so far, so crDroid it is.

literally reddi.t

so do a r3dd17 search on unlocking phones, ok... gonna be a good deal of reading to get through the bullshit but ok. thx

T. Poorfag who has never had a lil thoty go OH WOW user that phone is nice which one is it?

Put it back Jamal!

I don't hang around girls, much less the super vapid ones. Shit's a waste of time.

Idk the pocophone is almost a year old and it only dropped some 10-15% in price.
It was much more werth back then than right now, which is how it is with most value-per-dollar phones.

Pocomeme dropped a decent amount of price in europe.

Can get it for ~250 euros, you might have paid closer to 350 (or even more) when it was newer. Ordering from chinkland never helped that much, 25% VAT is applied in customs.

just got an s10e

Wat do?

Attached: Screenshot_20190620-165100_One UI Home.jpg (1080x2280, 641K)

you type with your thumb you zoomer

lose weight

turn off easy mode or whatever its called retard

Are DACs very pricey? What stops everyone from having high quality ones like the LG V phones.

T. Incel