"I've never installed gnu/linux"

invidio.us/watch?v=umQL37AC_YM

"I've never installed gnu/linux"

Attached: stallboi.jpg (273x185, 7K)

Communist mindset, he gets people to do it for him for free. If they refuse he slams the table and swears in Spanish.

Cause he installed GNU/BSD instead YOU SCUMBAG

He isn't a skilled programmer, he might have been at one point a long time ago but now he just does advocacy work for money, work that he doesn't even do well considering he eats skin off his feet and has autistic fits.

I laughed at the mental image this produced

Me neither, I always had someone else do it for me.

>you have to be a skilled programmer to install gnu/linux
Kill yourself.

>Go to a user group

Is this 1996?

kek

Is that so surprising? I thought we all agreed that he lived in 1980 technologically speaking. He browses the internet by wgetting http files.

>skilled
he called Java "beautiful".

wew

My God how based can he get? He is absolutely correct.
Operating systems are an abstraction from the hardware. Modern operating systems are also an abstraction from the user. Your job is to sit at the PC and do your task, if you notice the middleman behind the curtains or the curtains fall, the OS has failed and gotten in the way.
Boggles the mind how people waste so many manhours configuring their OS for no good reason. Even if you compile gentoo for 15% performance boost, you have lost wall clock time you won't get back.

Yeah and growing vegetables in your yard is a waste of time, but millions of people still do it. Not to even mention that ricing a desktop environment isn't configuring the OS.

What is your point exactly.

You actually gain something from growing vegetables, whereas ricing your OS is worthless as you are not supposed to mind the OS. If you are, choose a better one. Let's assume you need performance boosts, buy better hardware or install a distro more optimised for your tasks.
Following the benchmarks, fedora workstation and the liquorix kernel will make any PC run as fast it needs to. Good driver support.

And when that doesn’t work he starts X. Otherwise he lives in emacs in a TTY

>You actually gain something from growing vegetables
No you don't. You can go to the store and buy them without wasting 4 months.
It's called a hobby. Why do people work on old cars when they can just buy one, fun.

>spend a couple dozen minutes customizing your desktop. with your tools adapted to your needs/wishes you are now able to quickly enter a flow state
>don't customize. you regularly need to learn how to do things the default way. your flow is regularly interrupted.

>go to the store
Yes and buy irradiated pesticide-enriched overpriced tasteless supermarket vegetables.
>work on old cars
You can modernise and fine tune a car to optimise it for your country's roads and fuel quality, increasing the horsepower and handling for a small fee of a repair shop. All the ricing teaches you nothing about the computer system at hand, in a year or two we'll all be using Wayland, a few years later Bayland, Shayland, etc. Never see the end of it.
Get out of your comfort zone and produce something because doing what you're already familiar with without challenge is holding yourself back and living in an incubator.

Just stick with the default, how hard is it? I personally have a .bashrc and a few other configs with an auto install script I keep on my github but that's it.

Compiling gentoo is more about configuring your operating system exactly how YOU want it, as is ricing your desktop and etc. Some people may not care whatsoever about either of those things, but for some people those are very important.

Why, what do you not like in the 5000000000000000000000000000 distros out there? More importantly, why don't you make an auto install script with all the configs and makeflags so I can get a readily usable gentoo instead of going through all the trouble?

>why don't you make an auto install script with all the configs and makeflags
But I did.

> so I can get a readily usable gentoo instead of going through all the trouble?
My setup is almost certainly nothing like what you want. Why even use Gemtoo if you don't want to customize it yourself?

Can you send me that automatic gentoo installer

no

An activist who has no concept of a regular persons experience in the situations he's discussing is not one you should listen to

Regular people aren't installing an operating system every other day.

This is the best tip ever posted on Jow Forums.
You should definitely check out your local GNU/Linux user group if you have one.
Listen to the Stallman.
Not just for installing distros, but any GNU/Linux topic, there could be a literal expert willing to coach you.

*worldview falls apart*

This, faggot fedoras ITT believe not tinkering with autistic installs eveey week somehow invalitates his points.

>local user group
i have the internet....

Yet you've never been so alone

no u

A good majority of them have done it though.

Have u?