How bad is 25000 pounds salary for programming job in London? Will I starve to death?

how bad is 25000 pounds salary for programming job in London? Will I starve to death?
I'm from 3rd world shithole and have 0 work experience so I think I'll bite the bullet anyways
also please tell me it gets better and I won't be wagecucking to barely stay afloat for the rest of my life

Attached: programming-jobs-software-development.jpg (670x335, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ribaappointments.com/staticpages/10290/salary-guide-architects-and-architecture/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I'm from 3rd world shithole
I'm guessing you're slavic

£25K before tax is less than a big rig driver earns. Even the metro drivers in London earn £40k+. Are you a graduate op?

Brat just work from home, britains will treat you like toilet cleaner. Or go to germania

its shit but you already know that.
just curious what programming language are you gonna be using?

L O N D O N

L A H N D A A A N

Ultra bad, $1000 in rent some shitty apartment and food ....

These are third world tier salaries. Even I in Chile earn about the same amount.
Throw your resume elsewhere or go freelancer.

Negotiate. Don't undervalue you're skills. If you're worth more then let them know.

how good at programming do you need to be in order to become a professional?

idk man can you fizzbuzz?

25k is not much but you most definetely wont starve to death. If this is your first job and depending on a job (and your skills), it could be a great way to build experience and your resume.

>how bad is 25000 pounds salary for programming job in London?
extremely bad, homie. you'll be hand-to-mouth, living in a room in a shared house in Brent or some shit, and praying for sweet release

LLLLLUUUUUNN DHAN

Your take home pay will be around £1600 per month.
Your rent will be around £800, or it will be cheaper but with increased travel costs.
Bills are maybe £100 a month or so.
Budget for food yourself.
I found it difficult to live on £25k in a Northern English town, I would find it impossible in London.

the job market is not that good in london, especially if you're non-uk and especially if you're non-eu. you should really take what you can get and then worry about getting something better later. sorry user it's gonna suck. but make sure you're working. london is not a nice place.

That's pretty fucking bad. Try raising it up to 30k and then leave after a year for a better job.

Ayy my fellow hueon. What do you work on? I used to do webdev but I switched to the data science meme, it has been great, I make 2 times what I made on my previous PHP/JS job.

For london that's poverty tier.

Nah, stay away from Germanistan. It's getting more of a shithole each day.

Dude, on 25k a year in Londonyou will have literally nothing left to live on after rent and bills

I'm so glad I left London god damn I hated it there, moving to the USA I immediately started earning more than my boss did in London who had 10 years of experience on me

>also please tell me it gets better
it's a programming job
everyone is supposed to be a "coder" now
forget the basic laws of econ! that doesn't apply to this job!
in b4 muh muh u just suck
I was making loot before any of you faggots were born
it's full of autists and faggots
worst career path
evar

fuck off, I live in Brent, tbqh depending where in Brent one lives it may not be so bad. Kilburn and Cricklewood areas are quite lively if somewhat unsafe and full good looking east European women (and their slutty teenage daughters), everywhere else is a shithole though

total bs, London may be a liberal shithole but otherwise its quite nice, regarding jobs, there is little to no discrimination in tech sector, if OP has required skills and knowledge and all the required paperwork they will hire.

>regarding jobs, there is little to no discrimination in tech sector
its funny how "london" it is for you to assume I was talking about discrimination. the problem is with visas and the paperwork itself. it's not that easy if you're non-eu to have that sorted out. yeah you have no perspective on your city at all. fucking london sucks man.

Visa is not just a London thing. If you need visa to enter UK you probably need visa to enter the rest of EU and most other western countries. As I understand its a non issue in OPs case anyway, if they are offering him a job then they will probably provide all the necessary documentation for him to get a visa.

ok now look at the rest of my post and read the rest of the thread. see if you can figure out the point I made that still seems to be going over your head. I'll give you a few hours.

Fuck it's a good thing debit and credit cards exist. I have no idea how you folks would manage thanks to inflation in this day and age when your dollars weigh a pound each.

Cant be bothered. Can you get straight to the point or piss off

I made a very simple point that went over your head. the job market is not that good for non-eu nationals in london. he should take what he can get. getting a better sponsored offer is not easy. london is not a very nice place. all of these are true, and somehow all of them together were a bit too much for you.

Not sure what job market in London and London "not being a very nice place" have in common. Do you mean London isnt a nice place because job market is bad (for non EU nationals)?

live outside london and take a train for 1+hours every day, get EXP for 1 yr
save up some monnies living in a shitty flat
leave because L O N D O N is a shithole, get a better job

£25k in London is barely anything, especially for a programming job that presumably requires you to be somewhat qualified.

I'm with you on that. I was on 75k and lived in a cardboard box in the middle of the street in London

Lmao £25k is poverty tier in any western city

>Even the metro drivers in London earn £40k+
more like £60k+

>mfw architect in the uk
>mfw my salary is barely any better after completing my degree and nearly 5 years of experience
recommended read for everyone who thinks that 25k is nothing for highly-qualified job:
ribaappointments.com/staticpages/10290/salary-guide-architects-and-architecture/
god fucking damn it I should've gotten into it instead, this thread made me depressed

That's literal fucking poverty tier in London. I'm a dev in London right now and they are taking the piss out of you expecting you to negotiate. If you don't negotiate you should honestly just kill yourself mate. Good luck either way.

Fucking lol. That's a trash wage. Just start consulting or start a business. At 45 you will earn what me and my mates did at 22. Seriously just move on into consulting.

move to the usa or china

stay away from germany.

Pls be in
LONDOONNNN

thats why im NEET in London OP

Cause London sucks and the prices of the houses and rent are so ridicously expensive.

What house can I buy in the UK that is super cheap?

That's shit, I'm currently in 25k in london, 8 more fucking months to go before I can apply for new position and earn decent money.

You'll get 1.7k a month after tax and NI. Almost half will go for a room you will be paying to share in as flat plus bills and council tax, maybe a bit more than half but I'll say 700-1000 on the area. Depending how far you live, if you need to get public transport another around 130 gone. Food will be around 150 no eating out unless you live off beans and cheap rice and noodles or some shit.
Graduate entry jobs with lmao degrees from lmao universities start around 23k mostly, or 18k base plus commission, so you have that going for you, but I seriously advise you not to stick around for more than a year on that, for your own sanity. Having so little left over makes you feel like shit.

Lmao you'll spend 300-500 on train each month, better just fucking live in london at that point than some deadbeat terraced prison village.

No. pajeet. slavs will never get the visa

Start making friends OP. You're gonna need them to lie for you as references when renting a place or applying for a new job. You'll also have to lie a lot, on CV, current salary, experience etc. Play it up big, otherwise you will get nowhere. Just dont lie about a degree since they can check that.
London is expensive, and the employers are stingy fucks, you'll be a thankless idiot to follow the "official system".

Not very good. Most people who have a degree don't code as well as autists who are actually interested in programming. You'll be okay. Also, when you start, you are not expected to be perfect. Usually most of the stuff you'll be doing you learn by doing.

This is slavery, user. Literally.

EU slavs will. Russians... no, they hate them

After your first day of work update your linkedin, upload to cwjobs and get a new role. Now that your in London you could switch jobs every 3 days.

Dont work as a permie longer than a year, get an umbrella company and start contracting. Rates for anything start at £350 / day and go up from them. I do Hadoop work at £950.

Kilburn is a bit of a shithole but I called it home for five years. Nothing beats being in a city with 1000s of head offices.

That's abysmal for London.

I've watched countless people get hired, spend a day in the office and then quit because something else came up. OP here could easily be on £45K / year within a week of being able to go onsite for an interview.

One contracting try to only agree to 3-4 days a week. This gives you the chance to have more than one client. With more than one client you'll have leverage to do things like not work on site every day. From there, and with a few hundred a day in billings you could start doing remote from Lisbon, Tallinn, Crete... somewhere with cheap flights back to London but generally nicer weather/women-wise.

What did you learn to get into the data science meme dream?

It's really not that bad I started on 27k, I'm on 54k now after a year, so your salary will increase very rapidly if your competent. You can easily live off it as well, even quite comfortably.

Hate enough to let oligarchs in.

>19
>no degree
>only went to college to do IT
How do I work my way in London?
I dont imagine people would want me since I hardly got any skills, and experience

Everyone here is forgetting that you (on top of not being from that country) also have zero experience.

Take it

£25k in London isn't much. You will live in a shitty part of the capital and so probably get stabbed.

Healthcard is free tho

I'm a fucking intern in cambridge and I make 22k hahahaha

Legit, OP, if you're really pajeet stay away from Germany. Casual racism against pajeets is big here

Jow Forumsood luck
>oi, where's your coding loiscence m8?

I get more than that on benefits

>25k
>in london
Assuming you know how to manage your finances you won’t STARVE.
But you’ll be commuting one hour each way to live affordably and still won’t have anything left after sustenance.