M.2
at least 10 times faster
No chances of killing you

Attached: 437342.jpg (962x1018, 185K)

how does HDD kill you?

The spinning disc will eventually rip off the board and cut your penis off

inb4 boomers try to defend dangerous outdated tech

I already did that because I'm a tranny

hdd fw engineer here. Development and sustaining slowly kills me.

KEK

i should buy some, i wanted a low cost dick removal

>No chances of killing you
yeah, i'm staying with hdd

the virgin ssd
>makes no noise
>always fast out of fear someone will notice them
>doesn't want to cause no harm

the chad hdd
>constantly makes clicking noises to remind you who's the boss
>takes things at its own pace
>can cut your penis off and fly into outer space any time it wants

24TB of spinning rust over here without a NAND in site

good think i already got mine cut off

Attached: hdd-ssd.png (445x472, 191K)

God I wish my HDD could kill me.

I sysadmin a fleet of around 5000 PCs, and you can tell those which have HDDs instantly when scrolling through logs.
>How fucking long to install that new Firefox update?
>How fucking long to reboot?
>How fucking long to update the AV?

Who is that semen demon? I have a thing for cross eyed girls.

>M.2
>at least 10 times faster
Sure, but not needed and about 10% faster than SATA SSDs.

kek
Underrated post

Low quality bait, but I'll bite.

>HDD has chances to kill you
>M.2 has chances to kill your data if used for cold storage or if your computer is unused for 6 months
The worst part is when people shill M.2 drive enclosures.

>some slopehead
>clearly high
>vomiting delusions
Checks out.

So which is more reliable: HDDs or SSDs? Are they really both equally likely to fail?

HDDs last longer than SSDs and don't fail under normal usage for the same time period as SSDs. They also don't fail when not used for long periods, unlike SSDs.

>skub spam bot thread

But trannies have dicks don't they?
Transwomen doesn't right? I don't know what I'm talking aboout

Are HDDs with more platters more likely to fail than ones with less? Does more moving parts make that much of a difference?

Not really; most hard drives only have 1-2 platters anyways. It's when you start getting into hybrid drives that you start to see more failures, mostly to do with the solid state component of the drive.

Where's my 16tb m.2 for under $1k

>Where's my 120 GB m.2 under $150
ftfy

Anyone care to explain to a retard why SSD's fail?

Because they use them to keep downloading their shitty meme pictures on a daily basis, or they don't use their computers for 6 months, or because they think they can use them as external storage.

its a meme. retards look at server use case stats and apply it to their home use

since it doesn't have mechanical parts it's just a PCB with chips and board componentry
the latter, particularly if cheap, are rated for a specific number of hours and can die just like boards of any type
that said, it's way less vulnerable than an HDD with its multiple failure points

oh, and the cells wearing out thing isn't actually real as far as regular users are concerned

Do they fail when not used for a while?
Like do they require constant power to hold data?

They can be turned on & off repeatedly, but if unused for a long while (like 6 months or more,) as voltage dissipates from the unit, data will go corrupt.

OP:
autistic faggot with bug fever

HDD:
spins and never fails

Attached: 1541789835698.jpg (410x390, 38K)

Understandable, I guess that's why people only store their OS and games on them. Shit that's easily obtainable again if it gets lost.

No; they store their most accessed programs and OS on it for faster boot and start-up times. However, they don't realize that with an OS that constantly updates itself, or has numerous updates in one go (Windows and Linux,) those updates write to the disk as well. And many people forget to move their home dir out from the SSD, onto their secondary HDD for the data they constantly download or create.

HDD:
Slow but reliable
Circular shape of platters makes them safe. Encased in thick metal so you never come in contact with any spinning parts. Exterior has rounded corners for even more safety.

M.2:
10x faster but also CONTROLLER_FAILURE
Sharp corners can cut fingers. Storage chips on them also have sharp corners and get hot enough to burn your skin while in operation.

Asians are genuinely the most disgusting race of people on this earth.
Their only saving grace is that some have lighter skin complexions, but besides that, they are ugly as sin.

I spit on yellow fever fools.

I'd breed

>He'd rather date Tyrone's sister Le-ah
>'cus da dash don't be silent

i can't afford ssd

Attached: 190421 청담 아트홀 아이즈원 비올레타 마지막 팬싸인회 입장 및 소개 직캠4K- (1920x1080, 2.91M)

how not? I only have some mechanical drives because they are still working. SSDs aren't prohibitively expensive at all man

I absolutely would rather date a black woman.
Take your bug fever mental illness over to /a/.

It's truly disgusting.

Why would you date a black woman? They're even worse in every way compared to white or asian women

Black woman have amazing figures and sexy features.
Asian women have disgusting, fridge-shaped bodies on average. It is not sexy at all.
Not to mention their moon faces and slanted eyes.

They're just not appealing. Frankly, I get sick when I see Asian fetishists. It just shows how little respect they have for themselves.

black women are niggers though

I don't care.
Your virgin bug fetish is much more embarrassing and pathetic.

Attached: brainlet.png (478x523, 14K)

>implying you can't choke on a m.2
>implying a ninja can't shuriken throw a m.2 at you