youtube.com/watch?v=_bFGLXnCqYs
github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/pull/6112
ci.appveyor.com/project/rpcs3/rpcs3/builds/25420535/artifacts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dumb /v/toddler

please fuck off

nobody ever said that and even if they did they were retarded

dilate

ps3 games are to much like pc, innovation died with ps2 era, there is no need to emulate ps3

>Set up PS3 Emulator
>4690k @ 4.8GHz
>DDR3 16GB @ 2400MHz
>m.2 nvme
>GTX 1070 @2200MHz
>It can't play 7 out of 10 games.
12 core Ryzen 2 can't get here fast enough tb.h

Attached: 1559234366268.jpg (1024x986, 93K)

Am i supposed to say have sex now? Fuck off kid

cope

It's not exactly playable with most games desu just some more well known titles and u need a beast pc or the right build for each game
Zen 3 won't help you it's more of a emu compatibility problem either the games itself not being able to emulate specific functions
Hence why rdr 1 looks and runs so bad

This software lets me play Hatsune Miku games on my Linux box, absolutely based.

Attached: mikheart.jpg (600x828, 93K)

I love how fast they appeared and got usable.
I'm currently playing Halo 3 on Xenia on a 500 eur laptop at 30 FPS like it's nothing.

seethe

Are 360 emulators actually usable now?

>he dont know

If I want to play GTA IV rn, what's the best option xbox 360 emu or ps3 emu? pc port is garbage.

360 emulator has the problem that the GPU requirements are insane. While with the PS3 emulator the CPU requirements are insane.

Yeah, for a while already. Depends on the game, some are 100% playable, others have bugs or glitches.
Most Halo games got fixes like months ago.

Okay and it needs a $500 CPU so a few games work properly.

No some games just run like shit or are entirely broken, nothing to do with the CPU being used.

>not running a 9900k under LN2

My Ryzen 2600 plays many games fine though.

Reminder:
warosu.org/g/thread/71138733#p71139275

Attached: file.png (2560x1440, 1.99M)

Does it play demon's souls 60fps stably and without any sound stuttering?

I haven't tried Demon's Souls since it had the 60 FPS patch did speed up the game also, but yes it did.

So they've made groundbreaking improvements since last time I saw gameplay? Interesting. How long until I can play demon's souls on a 4c/8t cpu?

AMD is worse for console emulators

Basically RPCS3 requires at least 8 threads to run decently. Any less and your cpu needs to context switch all the time which Intlel cpus especially don't really like that much as of late due to patches. RPCS3 likes it even more when you can provide it 8 real cores instead of multithreaded cores. For now Intel cpus get just a bit more performance when you have the TSX instruction set but that advantage is going away since the dev has started to strip the TSX dependence out of RPCS3. At this point an 8 core AMD should provide you with the best price/performance ratio for the heavier games. However even cpus like the R5 2600 seem to run just fine for a lot of games.

The gpu and storage requirements are pretty low though. My RX480 can easily run 4k60 on every game I've thrown at it with performance to spare. And since PS3 games were designed with an hdd and not a lot of memory in mind even a modern hdd will still be really fast, even if you use an m.2 drive the games still have loading screens which you'll land on anyway.

Your biggest problem is the lack of 8 dedicated threads, that's the biggest performance killer for RPCS3.

No

The new generation ones coming out next month are likely to be comparable or better than intel's offerings, and at a lower price and TDP. Those were the ones that poster was talking about.

What ps3 games are you running at 4k60

>pc port is garbage.
werks iv me

PS4/Xbone emulators will probably run best on AMD though.

actually excited for when this runs like pcxs2
i can't fricken wait to play all my favorite games in 4k

>need a 500+ dollar CPU to play Demon's Souls
pc master race!

Attached: mart.jpg (206x304, 15K)

yes they did and yes they were

>playing demon souls at 720p with fps drops
gross

There's plenty that you can run like that on even a modest setup. I'm currently playing through Persona 5 with my R5 2600/RX 580 combo and get a solid 60fps most of the time. There are a couple of areas where it drops as low as the mid-30s, like the school. Not bad though considering that the game's locked to 30fps by default. The handful of broken animations with the 60fps patch are worth the trade.

I W WANT GOD OF WAR 3 REEEEEEEEE

>implying that isn't STILL a better experience than yiou will get in rpcs3 with a i9-99999999k or whatever

Attached: wenns.jpg (217x305, 22K)

it isn't tho, demon souls runs really good on rpcs3

Attached: 29417b8bbcfa8cfbe74754c34d3b68466de138ac244534bca1ccf3cac5d14a52.png (843x903, 39K)

I never thought it would happen in my lifetime, to be honest.

Feels weird being able to run SOME games on my i5 9400F.

I wish Dragonball Raging Blast 2 worked though.

are you serious?

Attached: 1488759985133.jpg (300x316, 21K)

Wake me up when The Last of Us actually is playable, and not just a health warning before crashing.

youtube.com/watch?v=_bFGLXnCqYs

i stopped getting consoles after the ps2
what's some must-play ps3 games?

ok, I apologise

>has to keep it single threaded cause he cant develop for shit
>keeps throwing shit on amd cause he isnt capable of developing his own program

Catherine runs pretty well too.

Most newer console emulators can use 2 threads, and RPCS3 is the only one that can use 8+.

Tales of Xillia 2 is also fully playable from start to finish. It even runs better than the actual console. PS3 averaged around 30-40FPS, RPCS3 does locked 60FPS if your hardware is good.

have sex

>8 thread CPU
>runs flawlessly on Intel
>runs like shit on AMD
>devs says AMD is too slow

Fuck this piece of crap.

HAVE STAX®

See
Stop lying to make yourself feel better

So is AMD really that bad if you intend to use this? I saw AMD's GPUs sucked with Switch emulation and now I'm seeing their CPUs suck at RPCS3. That's kind of shitty if true.

It has to be a high-level emulator though right? As in it's only emulating system calls to the PS3's OS and graphic libraries, rather than the hardware itself?

both, the ps3 doesn't use an x86 cpu

pleas respond

Just bought a used one from a co-worker. We'll see if I can get it to play some backups.

>tfw update to fast ring build 1903
>tsx is broken
fml

Attached: rpcs3.png (1074x747, 67K)

You haven't been keeping up with the news, have you?

It isn't true at all. Stop listening to literal shills and people desperately defending their purchase. I already made this post talking about my experience with an all-AMD setup, and Persona 5 is one of the more demanding games that actually runs. The things that don't run anywhere near full speed yet (like Red Dead Redemption or Uncharted) don't come close on a 5GHz 9900K either, because the problem is the emulation and the need for further work to be done.

Attached: persona.png (2560x1440, 1.39M)

Ryzen can run rpcs3 pretty well but ofc a 8700k/9900k will blow any current ryzen out of the water.
I believe ryzen 6c/12t and 8c/16t outperform the 8600k as the emulator loves threads.

OP really got BTFO that day

How is PS2 emulation now for MGS3?

Games that are "Playable" run fine. If it's not, a 9900k will give you better FPS but not make it playable either.
Don't forget that you can already play most shit fine with a Ryzen chip that costs 160 dollars, while a 9900k costs 500 and maybe has 10-20% better performance, that's just a few FPS in titles that are not even playable on a 9900k either.

Eh, leave it for a redditor to be wrong.
Zen+ mostly fixed the latency "issues" while Zen 2 has none. Imagine Intel tards on suicide watch.

It's more than playable, psx2 emulator works fine with it.

When did anyone ever say there would never be a PS3 emulator?

Around 2007-2014 when people were circlejerking over the cell processor's compute power

smile-ate, you depressed goat

>still can't emulate mgs4
into the trash it goes

It's not like "never" never, but if it wasn't for precompilation, real-time emulation would still suck ass.

This, or MGS4. I think the latter is the only interesting PS3 game that never got a PS4 remaster. It isn't even on PS Now anymore, at least in Europe (they keep adding and removing it for some unknown reason).

This kills the drone

halo and zelda

PS3 has nogaems tho

huge improvements coming

github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/pull/6112

based kd-11 and nekotekina

All I want is an AMD part that can match my pre-spectre/meltdown 4690k in clock speed and ideally have reasonably greater single threaded performance. 8 cores would be nice but since I have started to rely on running multiple VMs for school/work purposes I can see myself getting my value out of a 12 core part in the long run.

It's not even a real emulator, it's a recompiler.

Oh no, your poor misinformation is not working!

>Don't forget that you can already play most shit fine with a Ryzen chip that costs 160 dollars, while a 9900k costs 500

Feel that buyers remorse yet for your shitty chip?

>inb4 amdrone
Haha, no.

Attached: file.png (1468x738, 154K)

"Hurr, Cringe! Durr, Cringe! Cringe!"

Is that all you shitposting fucks can say?!

"ugh, based based based cringe cringe cringe based based cringe cringe"

I feel like I'm in a fucking asylum full of dementering old people, that can do nothing but repeat the same fucking words and look like a fucking broken record!

"Cringe cringe cringe cringe! cringe based based! onions onions onions! onions LOL onions! Cringe boomer Le zoomer! I am boomer?! No zoom zoom zoomies, zoomer going zoomies!"

AGH I FUCKING HATE THE INTERNET SO GOD DAMN MUCH!! FUCK SHITPOSTING HONEST GOD-FUCKING I HOPE YOUR MOTHER CHOKES ON HER OWN FECES IN HELL! YOU COCKSUCKER!

OH BUT I KNOW MY POST IS CRINGED ISN'T IT? CRINGE CRINGE CRINGEY-CRINGE BASED CRINGE REDDIT CRINGE BASED REDDIT ONIONS BASED ONIONS CRINGE REDDIT CRINGE

Intel is better for ASMJIT. AMD is better for LLVM recompilation. The more threads the better for recompilation. But still recompilation causes stutters and ASMJIT fails at race conditions and crashes so I woudn't consder RPCS3 playable at the moment. But it develops rapidly. The quality for most games is already superior to the original due to upscale.

Have sex.

I like your cope. Here, have a (You).

Attached: 1274716772505.gif .gif (208x156, 1.23M)

Yes it's based
It's all because of TSX

>RENT FREE
This is yikes and cringe.
You are seething with cope.
Have sex, then dialate.

>actually mentions CCX latency
>actually mentions FX
How many years old is this pic?

Attached: spock wtf.gif (300x225, 944K)

>RENT FREE

>ONIONS

Attached: 1186260538929.jpg (238x238, 28K)

Just buy a ps3, it goes for like 25 bucks nowadays

Attached: ss (2019-06-21 at 15.31.31).png (750x586, 40K)

Maybe from a retard at a garage sale with shmultz all over it.

They fixed it already.
People keep shitposting with that old RPCS3 picture where the AMD was running persona at 15 FPS while the intel ran at 25, but now both run at 60

How aboit Demon's Souls? I tried in i5 7500 and it was playable but shitty

Well that is a 4-core CPU.
Try this build and make sure multithreaded RSX is off.
ci.appveyor.com/project/rpcs3/rpcs3/builds/25420535/artifacts

Thanks my bro

the one series of games that runs super well is the armored core series, like AC4 runs as if it where a ps2 game, you can run it at 120fps and 4x res