Why do retards still fall for the watercooling meme?

Why do retards still fall for the watercooling meme?
Is offers very little to no tangible benefits over a highend aircooler for 99.9% of users and is far more likely to malfunction and damage parts than anyone should be comfortable with.

Attached: g6bbow8dsb311.jpg (2048x1536, 387K)

Other urls found in this thread:

computerbase.de/2019-05/noctua-nh-u12a-test/2/?amp=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

aio watercoolers fit in more cases than huge cpu heatsinks and have better performance against all but a small number of cpu coolers

I'll give you the size factor, but the vast majority of people who use watercoolers shove them into gigantic full- or midtowers anyway.
They might as well put a $100 Noctua or Be Quiet! aircooler in there for pretty much the same performance, but with vastly less risk and more ease of access to the components.

>is far more likely to malfunction and damage parts than anyone should be comfortable with.
Warranties exist for a reason. If we are talking AIO here, then if the maker doesn't offer warranty for parts damaged when the AIO fails then don't buy from them.

>and more ease of access to the components.
Big coolers don't make it easier to access components. AIOs do.

AIOs maybe, i guess i was more referring to costum loops there.

I agree they're better and also quieter, but it's only really the high end noctua and be quiet coolers that do better, along with other niche air coolers. but they're not that common and you have to jump hoops to use them. run of the mill air coolers lose to run of the mill watercoolers. an aircooler of the shelf of a random computer store will lose to a watercooler on the same shelf.

Because tower coolers snap off during shipping with prebuilts.

Custom loops are far better than AIO when it comes to cooling, better than the mentioned heatsinks.

Tangible benefits include longer time spent at max boost clocks.

Suggesting that it's a better/worse situation of AIO vs air is retarded. There are good and bad AIOs, just as there are good and bad air coolers. What's not in question is that you need a very large AIO (280mm-360mm) to match a top end air cooler, and the argument of case compatibility rather goes out the window at that point.

>run of the mill air coolers lose to run of the mill watercoolers. an aircooler of the shelf of a random computer store will lose to a watercooler on the same shelf.
Bullshit. There are tons of air coolers that outperform smaller AIOs. Pretty much ANY air cooler is better than a 120mm or 140mm AIO, which are the ultimate trap for gaymer retards.

they move heat directly out of the case, no aircooler will ever acomplish that unless you use an air vent hose or something
also, AIOs are basically the same price as a decent aircooler so you can't lose.

computerbase.de/2019-05/noctua-nh-u12a-test/2/?amp=1

>BUT MUH LINUS TECH QUICK CUMMIES

Fuck off kids. Even the 240mm Kraken x52 kicks ass at any loudness above 34dba which is a fucking whispered conversation

Reminder that a failing aircooler won't fry your entire rig, unlike your H2O gay device

When I finally get the money I wish to run a dedicated chiller outside of my Case and have lines running into my case.

nah the thing to do is to have your computer in a separate room

>not replacing your entire computer when it breaks
>being poor

I dont understand the point you're trying to make, be less autistic and also try to calm down

Because it looks kwl

Only truly valid argument, AIOs and costum loops can look pretty dope.

Reminder that your components have thermal control mechanisms that'll safely downclock or shutdown your computer in the event of overheating.

>bump case
>huge aircooler snaps motherboard and smashes cpu

Letting it ever get to that point can still damage your components, it's a gamble you should avoid whenever possible.

Don't buy a cheap motherboard if you're gonna be buying a big, expensive cooler and a CPU that actually needs it.

more expensive motherboards snap just as easily

water cooling isnt worth it

Attached: 20190620_232829.jpg (2016x1134, 600K)

Sounds like you have a pretty intense project in mind. Any examples you're modeling it off of?

Attached: 1558932606871.jpg (400x400, 46K)

Without those hideous cables on the right, your rig would look pretty cool.

Like I'm going to put any value in the opinion of somebody who owns anime dolls.

Which doesn't help when water starts dripping directly on said components.

this desu

i fucking hate this case so much, the more i build in it, the more i hate it.

im waiting on a different case that will make those cables look less shit

i swear corsair couldnt make a good case in 100 years, everything they make is fucking garbage apart from their psu's

>Letting it ever get to that point can still damage your components
Only if it reaches those temperatures very rapidly, which it won't with a failed pump as there is still heat sinking available.

Why not just buy other cables?
Get blue or black ones and it would be fine, i like how your case looks otherwise.

>Which doesn't help when water starts dripping directly on said components.
That's when you go to your AIO maker and get them to replace the damaged components.

>still damage your components
It really can't unless you fucked something up. The silicon should be fine in short term up to like 100-120C depending on AMD or Intel.

kabeltje van de action, lulz

What the hell is going on here? How does the flow from your CPU to GPU go?

the one im getting is white & pink, got a load of white fittings for it too.

Attached: 20190206_155331.jpg (4032x2268, 3.63M)

Before this entire AiO fad was a thing I visited big lan parties a lot and did the tech support there. Occasionally a GPU would partially losen and slip out of the socket and we had a few cases were stuff (mostly graphic cards, monitors and hard drives) actually broke because of a pothole and insufficiently fixed hardware or because people dropped their stuff.

Not a single time was there a case were a motherboard was broken due to its cooler, despite plenty of people having coolers close to or over 1kg. Mind you, these computers travelled hundreds of kilometers on the back seat of a car or sitting in a train.

But yes, Ill bow to your wisdom that an air cooler will absolutely WRECK your computer because you accidentally bump the case.

I unironically think that AIOs reduce case temps and makes it much easier to mount/remove the block (reapply paste for example) while having so much space to move your hands around to connect tiny cables and shit.

Try disconnecting dual 8pin EPS with NH-D15 installed, yeah good fucking luck I wanted to smash the computer at the wall from frustration and it was in a well designed Define case with top cutouts but you can't stick 2 fingers inbetween because the Noctua is so large.

My next CPU cooler is a 280mm AIO idgaf. My only annoyance with AIOs is the pump noise but I'll have to do a research on different pump sound signatures.
I've read be quiet makes the most silent pumps for AIOs.

parallel loops are quite common

If you put pressure on water it will push on everything equally. Each block will get the same pressure from the pump. If there is different resistances between the blocks (wich it likely is) more water will flow through the easier path.

As long as you have a good pump and enough radiators, this setup to work just fine. Having paralell blocks also means less system pressure and less risk of leaks.

>My next CPU cooler is a 280mm AIO idgaf. My only annoyance with AIOs is the pump noise but I'll have to do a research on different pump sound signatures.
Asetek (corsair, nzxt kraken, evga, etc) pumps ARE silent. Just leave them on the default "Balanced" setting.

The people who say they hear pump noise actually have air in their loops causing a static/whirring sort of sound. You're supposed to mount the radiator so that some part of it is higher than the pump, so that the air will eventually come to rest at the highest point. That means vertically mounted or horizontal top mount is the best for AIOs if you value your quiet. Bottom mount may still be quiet but only if the air gets trapped somewhere and doesn't enter the pump. Requires some luck, holding the radiator above the pump and shaking can help.

I have literally been using a H60 AIO for 4 1/2 years, still going strong, paid $75 for it. Closed loop liquid cooling and high-end air cooling are nothing more than jewish tricks.

This. Been using an h60 for over 4 years, only the fan has produced sound. Leaky units or units with air pockets are what cause sound.

For ~90 bucks you get the best aircoolers on the market, it's really not very expensive.

>tranny flag wiring
You guys really are a sick bunch

What is a Balanced setting? Medium pump speed I assume?

See that could be a problem with my future build that I plan to bottom mount an AIO in. Shaking sounds like a good tip, I guess I'll discover my luck once I buy all this shit in a few months.
Don't feel like switching builds in these hot summer days. God forbid I'll have to reseat my RAM or replug power cables in the meantime with this fuckhuge Noctua installed...

Hard pass. I have used this h60 on a 4790k and then on a r7 1700, zero overheating issues ever even in heavy work load and gaymen.
I used air coolers my entire life until I get fed up with them. They just cycle air around in the case and eventually ambient temperature increase. Even with a good intake/exhaust case fan setup you still see better temps with an AIO liquid setup that has an exhaust dumping to directly outside the case.

I have my pump and radiator fan for cpu set to max in bios and cant hear either one. Compared to massive air cooling fans the aio will be totally silent.

Is that really so? I mean big aircooling blocks direct their output straight at the exhaust, i don't see how that would make it cycle around the case.

120mm AIOs routinely go on sale for like $60, which is around the same as mid-range coolers like the U12S

1 or 2 fans on your H60?
If 1, from which side does it exhaust, the one closer to the panel or the side away from the panel?
Dumb question but I'm curious.

>120mm AIO
Those are not very good.
Seriously just make the investment and get a DH15 or Dark Rock Pro 4, good tier temps for much cheaper than an AIO with similar performance would be.

Haven't looked into this shit for 8+ years now, but air coolers don't seem to have changed drastically in how they're built. Back then a custom loop was 20-30C below what the best air cooler could do when the CPU was stress tested with aggressive OC. I somehow doubt air coolers have improved so much that they can close that gap.

Attached: 350x350-1-14.jpg (350x350, 93K)

Fuck customs loops
They look like your computer is in induced coma with machine ventilation

I guess we have different views on computer silence because your inability to hear a radiator fan at full speed sounds insane to me.
I can hear any fan above 500-600rpm, my goal is to score a virtually inaudible pump.
I don't know the specs of your fan but those units usually come with at least 1500rpm fans which is an unbareable level of noise for my taste, unless doing literal CPU burn tests.

Improvements have been very incremental, every new gen is a couple of degrees cooler while running slightly quieter.
The downside is their big size and possible compatibility issues with RAM heights and case width.
Waiting to see what the successor of the nh-d15 brings to the table.

there is NO air cooler that can compete with a 360 AIO watercooler or even come close to it

aircoolers are a good silence choice but not if you want performance

So the fitting on the bottom of your GPU is the inlet for both the GPU and CPU as well as the outlet??

Attached: p.gif (360x202, 1.56M)

the double thick 120mm AIOs like the H80i/GT/V2 are good.

That's because they effectively have the same surface area as the 240mm but with high pressure across the fins since the h80 gt came with push/pull fans