Btrfs is kill

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 3.12.28 PM.png (1229x1305, 194K)

should I switch to zfs I'm on ext4

zfs is the best filesystem available. ask anyone.

no it has more bugs than ntfs

based

If you run a *BSD, yeah. The linux version has zero kernel support; kroah-hartman likes to bully the developers just for his own private amusement

bcachefs, comming to the linux kernel in few months

everything that btrfs was supposed to be
everything that xfs or ext4 cant be

OpenSUSE uses btrfs by default
Is this why it's so fucking slow

big words little man

>Ignoring ReizerFS

>zfs is the best filesystem available.
call me when I can say "atach these two drives to this RAIDZ1 vdev and convert it to a RAIDZ2 vdev, spreading existing data over the new space"

call me when it actually happens. Especially since it has the same shortcoming as Red Hat's Stratis thing: "Oh yeah! Performance! Tiering! SSD optimized! Oh? You want bulk storage on HDDs, with checksums and bit-rot protection? Uh... yeah, sure, we'll get around to that... some time. maybe."

Use XFS instead, it helps

WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO USE ANY WHY?

ReizerFS because a man killed his wife to bring you a file system.

BTRFS start before SSD in consumer space and still isn't finish

Very based but I'm also concerned about performance.

Wait until it works 100% on Linux.

I'd like to see how ZFS compressed with LZ4 stacks up. Felt really fast when I used it, but maybe that was mostly because of ZFS itself (I didn't try it without LZ4 compression).

God I love Greg. Triggers BSD fags and catv brainlets with such ease.

Still will need years to reach feature parity with zfs.

Attached: 1560641705318.jpg (800x450, 327K)

The ARC is a much more aggressive cache system than the linux kernel's native method so it usually kills all other filesystems dead in highly mixed I/O loads even with all the CPU overhead munted further by CPU bugs.

It may look fast and feel fast but it will be very heavy on CPU load.

>2019
>still can't inflate and deflate volumes
>still can't expand zpools
zfs is the posterchild for carts and horses.

There's a reason.

You ever just dig into the disk structure with zdb?
It's a unfathomably tremendous matrix of mindfuck compared to your regular fs.

Also I have a feeling that just rushing out an ability to rebalance your filesystem to grow/ shrink on the fly has integrity implications. Hence why BTRFS had so much trouble out of the gate.
Removal of vdevs is now supported for single disk and mirror so there's hope yet but apparently it stains the disk with immutable structures left over from the transition. They don't do anything harmful but they do stick around.

Attached: 1560528101661.jpg (1024x762, 144K)

Learn how to spell, retard.