I'm annoyed Jow Forums, Macs finally have specs worth buying, and they're sabotaged by their new T2 chip

I'm annoyed Jow Forums, Macs finally have specs worth buying, and they're sabotaged by their new T2 chip.

People are all up in arms over the fucking bezels on the 27" 5k iMac, but I have more issue with the internal components. It doesn't have the T2 chip, which ends up being both a good and bad thing. The plus side is, the T2 chip is a fucking mess, and causes way more problems than it solves. The downside is, you can fucking bet any Mac without it runs the risk of planned obsolescence like the white plastic Macs went through when 32 bit support stopped.

We can all anticipate Apple's end game being computers on their own SoC, but I feel like if I bought a 2019 iMac and it got made obsolete in 2 years through software, I'd be fucking mad. Yeah I know people are gonna say they're planned to break etc. anyway, but this is an obvious flaw that stops me even considering the purchase.

Any of you anons in similar positions?
Have they fixed the kernel panics the T2 chip caused?

Attached: SLHCIPM4LRoKLevx.large.jpg (800x600, 33K)

>macshit
>worth buying
Pick one.

>Any of you anons in similar positions?
No, because I'm not gay.

>Any of you anons in similar positions?

No. I don't have a delusional fruit fetish, so I just bought a freedom respecting PC that I can install anything I want on without some billion dollar megacorp telling me I can't.

I wish it were possible to post anything on Jow Forums about apple without the edgelords spouting the same dumb ass sound bites they always do.

I wish it were possible to post anything on Jow Forums about appletoddlers seething like they always do.

What seething? I was criticizing the issue of the T2 chip, which you'd know if you had actually read the post.

any mac should get about ~5 years of updates from the time it's released.
from a company as ruthlessly not-backwards-compatible as Apple, that's not bad at all.
what kind of "quality of life" is that, anyway? at 5 years a PC is generally slow as shit if you're trying to run the latest OS / browsers / etc. at that point you either need to upgrade or be content with running old-everything.

Eh, not so much. My i5 from 2014 is still ok. I'm due an upgrade, given, and it has been 5 years so I could see myself in the same spot... I don't know there's just something I don't trust about the T2 chip - something about its very existence.

>at 5 years a Mac is generally slow as shit
PCs don't have this problem.

Macs are PCs, dumbass.

>PCs don't have this problem.
Nope. They've long since ceased responding.
BSOD!

why do you want one though?

the base model specs are that of a computer half the price, hence the only draw could be the OS, or because of an obsession with the brand, which for most people is not worth paying double.

buy it or don't

Attached: 1473102365657.jpg (1536x864, 324K)

>Not gutting out your old Mac tower
>Not installing general PC hardware compatible with Hackintosh
>Not installing Hackintosh on typical PC hardware you stuff in an empty Mac case
Why spend $1500 on a desktop that has the same specs as a $200 Pentium laptop from the Vista era?

>new macs have specs worth buying
>not threadripper
>absolute joke of an ssd
>okay video card no complaints here actually
>full of meltdown and spectre
Nah I'll pass and keep using Pro Tools on Windows even if the UI is worse

They're still selling non-T2 macs, they're still designing non-T2 macs.
You'll get five years of OS updates on them, user, and if not, who cares about having the latest macos?
Old versions still get security updates.
(2010 mac mini on 10.14, it does just fine)

When is somebody going to build Darwin from source for 32 bit architectures on old versions? There should be some community project to provide updated kernels and userland utilities for obsolete macs.

It's the OS, pretty simply. I'm going into teaching, and stuff like the apps available on iPad and Mac look good for teaching. Windows is pretty janky these days, feels like we're in a perpetual beta where things randomly break and work; Linux is still trying its best.

posting from a late 2006 MacBook with an SSD installed

you're wrong

No chance. Apple lives so rent free in some of the people's brains here that they have trigger scripts so they can immediately post their retard responses.

That being said, don't buy the new iMac.

>dis clunky, dis lok good, dis doesn't
Yeah, you know what you're talking about and you're totally not bullshitting. One word for you - Chromebooks. Done and done.

Macos is the absolute worst shitheap to ever be shat onto the OS world. LITERALLY deletes your files without asking you, deletes your files while performing basic file moving operations, and if you ever any hardware problems whatsoever, the hardware locks you out of your storage and prevents you from recovering your files. That last one is just a side effect of though, their primary goal is to make their hardware impossible to repair so they can sell you another one after the first shits the bed, giving you the middle finger is just a bonus.