youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>R7 3800/X - Best for gaming, launching 7/7
>R9 3900X/3950X - Budget HEDT or gaming+streaming on a single PC, launching in September
>Threadripper - HEDT

>Intel CPUs are now defunct. Even used i7 workstations are no longer worthwhile due to vulnerabilities and related performance regression

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" link for true latency formula

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+
> 1660Ti / Vega56 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>used 1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>Above Vega offers progressively poorer and poorer value. Wait for the RX 5000 series
2160p (4k)
>Wait for better priced GPUs. 2080Ti is only 1.85x the performance for 4x the cost of a $300 GPU, and still only does 30fps in many games.

>RX 5700/XT is launching on 7/7. Nvidia Super soon as well. Wait for independent benchmarks if considering a >$300 GPU

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: samefag shill btfo.png (1920x1080, 977K)

Other urls found in this thread:

be.pcpartpicker.com/list/MD6Z6s
twitter.com/cdpred_support
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Tailored to provide superior RAM and PCIe compatibility
>Thanks to its asymmetrical design, the NH-D15S clears the top PCIe slot on most µATX and ATX motherboards.

Sure, but like I said, isn't it shorter in the wrong direction if you get what I mean? The specifications I saw listed both as 150mm wide meaning that both of them would still hit the PCIe unit, or am I just being a retard...? I honestly don't understand how the NH-D15S would be better in this case.

legos with screws

I can see amdrones are getting nervous with the release date near. Your lies and slide don't work anymore?

Attached: IMG_20190521_143403.jpg (1080x1220, 425K)

To clarify, the width of the heatsink itself is 150mm in both cases and since they are both mounted the same way, won't both still hit the GPU? The NH-D15S only appears shorter in the other direction.

>am I just being a retard
Yeah. It's offset so there's plenty of clearance next to the PCIE slot.

Attached: NH-D15S.jpg (650x425, 80K)

so.mcuh.this

Ah, now I get it. Thanks for the clarification. But won't that effect the weight distribution negatively for such a huge cooler? Surely the weight of these behemoths has to be an issue in certain cases?

cringe and yikespilled

It's really not a concern.

>Girlfriend is pregnant
>Not wife
Absolutely degenerate

Attached: Disgust.jpg (750x766, 68K)

It's nice to know that no matter how fucked up the OP gets, the RAM area never changes.

If I'm going to a 2600k to a 2600x, am I going to see a large increase in performance? I've never used AMD but their price points are hard to beat right now.

>am I just being a retard
ya
oh my god

>am I going to see a large increase in performance
Yes, unless you closed your browsers and background programs just to run games and are fine with doing that.

I'm okay with closing background programs. Isn't that what most people do when playing games?

>he thinks people do that when all games these days have borderless windowed mode for people who alt tab every 5 seconds

... no. With a 1600X I just leave 10+ programs open and can't tell the difference.
With my 2500k I had to close web browsers. Which was retarded when I had 2 monitors but couldn't leave twitch or something in the other browser so what the fuck is the point of having 2 monitors?

If it's normal to you to just treat your PC like a glorified game console, then you might not see much difference.

Attached: 3770 vs 2600x real world.png (1024x1200, 163K)

Why is it "omg" material? I think it's a legitimate question seeing as it weighs 1.3kg which is twice as much as most other coolers and 400g more than the Dark Rock 4 which AFAIK is the largest of all competitors offerings.

So, my motherboard failed around the time of the launch, so I am looking at X570 and Zen 2. I wanted to wait until Threadripper 3 but it looks like this will be good enough.

Which board looks like the best for mGPU support? I am torn between Gigabyte's AORUS line and ASUS's CROSSHAIR VIII HERO. I heard Niggabyte has beefy vrms...

Best 1660s/Tis?

Attached: 1519400956771.png (232x137, 14K)

haha wow, that image is pretty cool! Do you have anymore like that? That's the type of information I would love to see, real world scenarios.

Is Noctua a meme?

Attached: 1560191133628.jpg (600x801, 108K)

By the way I found a photo of a NH-D15 in the case I plan on getting and there seems to be plenty of clearance. Granted, I don't know which mobo is pictured but aren't all mitx more or less the exact same dimensions? I can't fathom why the X99 board I posted in the last thread had these issues, it must have been a poorly planned board...?

Attached: 8.jpg.71c8aabe03dc063cee5052557bf3f727.jpg (962x1019, 118K)

His profile says Asus Z170I gaming and I plan on getting an Asus B450-I. Is there any place you can find measurements for distance between the socket and PCIe? It's a rather unusual measurement and I can't seem to find any information about it.

>"Wait for Navi"
>"Wait for Computex"
>"Wait for Zen 2"
>"Wait for Super"
>"Wait for 10nm"
>"Wait for Threadripper 3"
>"Wait for Scarlett"

Attached: 1609188754_cca0ebd525_b.jpg (1024x768, 134K)

Attached: 1561073214541.png (820x760, 1.01M)

If there is an announcement tomorrow where should we be looking for it

I know right! It's hilarious to see a 2600x beating an intel cpu from 2012. AMD ftw!

Dude don't even start. with that shit. You know what I meant.

Attached: 15610520438230.png (1399x1226, 1.05M)

zotac and gigabyte MSRP 1660s get slept on hard

Hey guys.

I haven't owned a desktop for 10 years now.
I've got a job that pays properly and I've been saving to buy a PC.

I want help understanding the state of PC building nowadays. Back then, it was Intel all the way but reading the OP, I get the feeling it's not like that anymore.

So, I've got 500 €uros at hand but I know a store that has a credit system. Maximum I feel comfortable paying is 1200 €uros-ish.
Gaming. I'm eager to play Wolfenstein, Doom, Total War, Stellaris and Dwarf Fortress again.

I don't have any monitor in sight since I've got no idea if 4K and 1440p is worth it at all.

Can you help me understand all of "this" a bit better? Do you need more information from me?

>Back then, it was Intel all the way but reading the OP
Both Intel and AMD are good, don't let the retarded OP trick you into thinking only one is good. Sadly we have some AMD fellating retards that seem to think anything intel is shit and they've taken it to the OP.

I'm building my first PC and I plan on doing RAID 1. Right now I was thinking I should go with an SSD for the OS (Windows 7) and two large 4TB mirrored drives. I'd use Windows to setup the RAID and not the motherboard chip-set. Is this a good idea or should I do a hardware RAID instead? Part of me wants to include the OS in the mirrored volume so that way everything is redundant.

>Total War
SSD is mandatory

I was complaining about my PC catching on fire back in December, but I actually think I know what the fuck I did in the end that caused this to happen. I held the succ nozzle of a vacuum cleaner to my case in the front. Apparently that's not good.

I actually had an NH-D14 in my build since it was released, after about 8 years it started showing signs of failure, took off the cooler, bent pins.

No impacts, great overclockers and temps for years, but bent pins. Of course the pins were on the motherboard so instead of replacing the CPU for like $20 I had to buy a new PC

Anyone here has the Asus Strix versions of the RX 570 or the RX 580?
Are they as FUCKING LOUD as the other versions?
I need a PC as silent as possible.

>I need a PC as silent as possible.
just set ur own fan settings in afterburner bro

Do you guys think I will be able to run Cyberpunk 2077 on all ultra in 1080 with a Ryzen 5 2600 + a 570 / 580?

I pretty much only want to build a PC for this and Bloodlines 2. Any tips welcome.

Attached: 40014219_734940533511874_8459696533451833344_n.jpg (685x960, 70K)

60Hz or 144Hz?

75Hz but could lower to 60hz if needed, I mean, obviously.

no way

Maybe on medium

Dude, The Witcher 3 (CDPR's last game) gets around 45FPS with a 580.

You're fugged.

Would a Vega frontier edition be a good future proof gpu for games? 16gb of vram will probably become needed in the next few years. They're going for $400ish on eBay so I'm think of picking one up.

Of course, that's why everyone has it.

>Do you guys think I will be able to run Cyberpunk 2077 on all ultra in 1080
>ultra
No. Maybe high. Also, Bloodlines 2 is going to use ray tracing, so going for a nvidia gpu would be a more sensible choice to get the most out of it. An rtx 2060 should do the job fine in 1080p. Ryzen 2600 is good, but you may want the newer ryzen, or a 2700 as games are starting to use more cores.

You can find others on leddit. The regular reviewers don't test those scenarios because they're "not consistent". Closest you can get is gaming+streaming tests.

They are quiet.

Wy the fuck do you think peopel cna preidct how a game ocming out in a year surns holy fucking shit the reataradedation

??? you can use at least 13GB on the regular Vega 56. It's going to be more limited by the raster performance before limited by VRAM.

>his activities are GPU intensive
fucking LMAO, feels good being a CPU intensive chad, my simulations, CFD tests and source engine games are beyond superior to pansy ass cinematic games that focus on "realism"

You are all so fancy here. I don't know anything about all these parts. I just want to build a new pc because I built mine back in 2009 and it is time for an upgrade so I can play WoW Classic in a couple months. What do I need for that..? Will 144Hz refresh rate monitor make it look better..? Please help.

Attached: 1561037124734.png (806x1178, 680K)

please do it just for our laughs

>4K vs 1440p
4K is a bad meme honestly: unless you plan to have a massive 40" monitor shoved at less than 3 feet from your face, you won't be able to tell the difference between 4K and 1440p. 1440p allows you to save a lot between the panel and the GPU needed to drive games at that resolution for basically no perceivable loss. 1080p however is definitely obsolete for gaming.

Also, a moderately sized (250~500GB) SSD for OS and programs, with a 1~2TB HDD for basically anything else will be the most cost efficient solution for both performance and storage capacity.

Don't cheap out on the PSU. Hell I'd say to spend a bit more on that component because it will likely last you multiple builds and on the long run the higher efficiency rating will save you some money on electricity, and possibly won't ever die on you while protecting the rest of the hardware.

Avoid water cooling, and get a good noise reducing case, you'll thank me. Whatever case you buy, be sure it has air filters on the intakes.

at 30fps?
sure

>1080p is obsolete for gaming
I fucking hate graphicsfags
>muh 4k!!!
>muh 1440!!!
>muh ULTRA EPIC OMEGA graphics setting!!!

I did the math some time back because I wanted to upgrade my monitor. IIRC at 3 feet, give or take, a 21" 1080p is equivalent to a 28" 1440p due to pixel density, and that's more or less the sweet spot: any further and the perceived resolution drops, any closer and you start distinguishing the pixels. That 7" increase is very noticeable, but doesn't cost a kidney, so why not take it.

Yep. 104~105ppi is the sweet spot: 21"-1080p, 28"-1440p, 42"-2160p all have that magic number of pixel per inch, which is (very) roughly equal to the human resolution perception at 3 feet. If you want a monitor bigger than 21", for watching it at 3 feet of distance, then the optimal choice is a 28" 1440p.

4k or 144hz? going for a 2070 RTX probably but no screen yet
is 144hz actually noticeable? and would a 2070 run 4k on anything?

144hz

>There is only ONE specific distance you can put your monitor at. Not an inch closer. Not an inch further away
Holy fuck you're retarded. Stop trying to give advice to people when you're that clueless.

same computer lmao it's the same game

What's he best glass-paneled ATX case that can fit a Noctua ND-15 and doesn't have gaudy gamer shit (RGD LEDs, edgy design, form over function)

>glass panel
>doesn't have gamer shit
555-come-on-now

Attached: 1467465586071.jpg (545x607, 27K)

do you want le epic HD quality, or more, silky-smooth frames? if you do any kind of not-absolutely-casual gaming, you probably want 144hz

put HDD into harness
screw in included mounting screws, on the long-narrow sides.
slide harness into case rack

>What's he best glass-paneled ATX case
Sharkoon TG4

I have no first hand experience and there's no proper study on this, but the consensus seems to be that higher refresh rates are noticeable, so I'd say 144Hz, however keep in mind that you're driving costs up with that refresh rate and you may not fit into your $1200 budget.

That's an average sitting distance, and an advised one too. If you want to stick the monitor on your face do it, retard.

Mastercase 5 by coolermaster. Literally the best case you can buy.

I saw at least one case made out of brushed aluminum with an all-glass side panel. No retarded LED lights anywhere, but it also had no airflow.

for cpu coolers no and unless your case fans are absolute shit, then yes.

I don't really know, I was wondering. I've never used above 60 fps so I have no idea whether or not it's actually impactful. If it has little impact seems like buying a 4k would be better, since both at the same time apparently quadruples the price and would be useless
even if I don't get 60fps 4k on most games, then I still have the option for low impact games and videos, but as I've never seen either I wanted some first hand accounts
I'm not the guy with the budget, I'm going to buy a prebuilt for 1.5k€ and an additional monitor
If I can get some opinions too...
RTX 2070, i5 9600k, NWMe 480 GB, Z390 motherboard, 16GB DDR4 @ 2666mhz (reading it, that seems kinda low frequency for that price) P400S case and NZXT KRAKEN M22 watercooling
I don't know much about watercooling specifically but it seems like a pretty good bargain for the price, compared to what I've tried to put together myself.

Why do you faggots keep recommending SSDs? They are overpriced meme shit.
>b-but muh faster bootup
The only reason to reboot your PC is to install updates.

>no retarded RGB LED
>literal autismo fans on the first few search results
Hang yourself

bait

How so?

100% silent drive for 100% silent build
>posting from my Athlon 200GE with an Arctic fanless AM4 cooler in a fanless ITX cube chassis and all SSDs

you can't really think faster reading and writing only impacts booting

But you niggers tell literally everyone here to get an SSD when they are useless outside of professional use. And yes, those read/write speeds only benefit professionals. Nobody here needs them.

they affect literally everything from opening up any software on the SSD to videogames, the most common use, with a massive boost

your point might be valid if you're talking about NVMe vs SATA but you don't play video games do you

be.pcpartpicker.com/list/MD6Z6s
you are overpaying quite a lot for that kind of partslist. self-building isn't that hard.
>i5-9600K
that was meh back when all we had was zen+. We're almost at zen2. if you're gonna go intel, might as well go all the way to 9700k or 9900k.
better yet, wait for zen2 benchmarks on the 7th.

And you pay a hefty premium for that. It isn't worth overpaying for 5 less seconds of waiting.

>prebuiltt with z390 board and 9600k
so you're a pro overclocker, but can't even assemble a PC. Yeah, sure.

Actually, the biggest impact in day to day use tends to be the lower latency in seek times.
Anyway, you should stop responding to blatant bait and just report it.

>but you don't play video games do you
No I don't

carbide 270r

ah, I hadn't seen the difference before, I expected it to be smaller
I don't know though, prebuilt gives a two year warranty and I've never installed WC, or even any computer for that matter, just replaced parts. Money's not -too big- of an issue
Zen2 though are those new AMD processors? since the benchmarks are coming on the 7th do you know when they'll be available? That might make a difference
>so you're a pro overclocker, but can't even assemble a PC. Yeah, sure.
what? I never said I could. That's just what's in the computer. Didn't bother looking around too much since I don't really know much. Besides, it being built only costs 30€, and they do it way better than me.

that watercooler is an AIO, it's basically a sealed unit. you put the radiator on the case where a fan would go, you strap the heatsink widget on top of the CPU like a regular heatsink. don't cut the pipes

It's me again.
Will I be able to run Cyberpunk on Ultra with a 1060?

Is it a good idea to buy a used GPU? I got a good deal on a 1060 Asus strix.

Attached: 1560559888109.png (500x444, 85K)

>it being built only costs 30€
hahaha you actually believe that wow

quit trolling

no. you cannot.
if you want a used GPU look for a 1070 or better

How is that trolling?

I don't really want a used GPU, I was just wondering because I found a somewhat good deal. Of course I'd prefer a new one.

You're asking if a game that won't even come out for a year will run for sure on your card as if anyone has the game to test and see.

Ask CDProject, not Jow Forums, you retard. twitter.com/cdpred_support
How dumb can you be to think some rando on Jow Forums has secret insider knowledge on that game and how it runs and what it runs on?

I know no one has official requirements of the game or anything, I'm just asking because you guys have better experience on pc gaming and or building PC's. I know anyone's guess here could be just that, a guess. But it sill works as a way to hold a fucking online conversation and learn stuff.
How fucking autistic do you have to be to rage about someone asking questions on the internet?

>me imagining the microcenter deals for the Ryzen 3000 series where I would definitely be able to buy a b450 Mobo + r5 3600 and 16 GB of RAM for $300.

Attached: 1549823256642.gif (244x255, 605K)

I make about $1.3-2k a month (not much I know). What CPU & GPU should I center my build around if I have a budget of about $1k and i'm going to be buying the parts one or two at a time month-to-month? It's basically going to be a gaymen+multimedia PC.

I ask because I dont want to buy a card/chip that'll be very obsolete by the time I finish the whole build.

Fx9590

>What CPU & GPU should I center my build
9900k+2080ti

>How fucking autistic do you have to be to rage about someone asking questions on the internet?
Maybe if you read the previous thread you'd see that fucking
>what do I need to run an unreleased game with no required specs released
question is asked like 5 fucking times a thread about 2077 alone. Fuck off.
Wait until it releases and is tested if that's the only game you care about. Buying a GPU for a game that'll be out in a year, when better/cheaper GPUs will be out, is stupid.

How do nvidia gpus work with amd freesync? What do I need to do to make it work?