Swift completely crushed any hopes in Rust, and is coming after every programming language at the same time

Swift completely crushed any hopes in Rust, and is coming after every programming language at the same time.

You can even write HTML and SQL and other DSLs in Swift, with Swift syntax

Attached: A6849C58-66F1-4F47-AA8C-66392F33A92A.png (400x125, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.rs/typed-html/0.2.0/typed_html/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Swift was the point of LLVM, and unless someone puts the brains and the fingers into something radically better, there world will be more Swifty.

>SJWift

Attached: 1549179915554.jpg (2016x1210, 278K)

Swift is so good that if you want to add ++ and --, you can.

Just add an extension to Int or whatever to add those operators and it's done.

Now what?

just like c#, it will forever be apple language

Attached: 1559700847191.png (1600x900, 232K)

Automatic Reference Count is useless for programming systems even slow than GC.

Swift need borrow checker and low level paralelism and concurrence primitives

DSL in swift are hard code by swift team and support outside Apple platform is just import C libs.

I propose we make another programming language. One that can encompass everything else and become the standard in programming.

Attached: standards.png (500x283, 24K)

Swift on Linux changed my love life.

The creator of Rust is on the Swift team now.

This isn't Reddit. Never post that comic again.

why did he switch?

Better dilation

money

So where does it beat out Rust?

Apple support

so, basically this is another apple shill thread

nobody willingly uses swift

this

I've never seen anyone using Swift or even considering using it

Yes, but who gives a shit about that?

Apple Fanboys

>missing the point that it was removed from default syntax because some fucking retard who doesn't even program couldn't figure them out

A programming language should be accessible to people who don't know much about programming

If you have trouble understanding the increment/decrement operators, the problem is not the programming language.

Rust has hype because people like what it brings to the table. It responds to Simon Peyton-Jones' infamous "safe vs. useful" graph by moving the state of the art of imperative languages a big step further to the right than they've ever gone before. It's the language that programmers have dreamed of using. Literally a dream come true.

Swift doesn't have that. The only time I've used it was when Tim Apple personally put a gun to my head and told me that Jack Bauer would kill my wives and daughters if I didn't hurry up and hack together some codes. Of course I didn't know what I was doing, I just punched the keys until Xcode suddenly climaxed and a dildo shot out of the screen to rest uncomfortably in my anus. But whatever I wrote, it wasn't good code. It ran slow and crashed the entire stock market right into the ground, leaving thousands injured. Everyone who's ever written Swift apparently had the exact same experience and I don't look forward to half the economy of the universe being used to put guns to programmers' heads and threaten them with Jack Bauer.

So, I don't have high hopes for Swift.

Pic related, by the way, it's me on my way to work.

Attached: smk07rnrj9111.jpg (736x917, 106K)

Post-increment and pre-increment confuse the shit out of people in C and C++ all the time.

>Sw*ft fags think they can compete with this

docs.rs/typed-html/0.2.0/typed_html/

C# is fine. Swift would be fine too if it wasn't so shit.