Ok Jow Forums red pill me on pic related. Is it a good desktop operating system?

Ok Jow Forums red pill me on pic related. Is it a good desktop operating system?

Attached: image.jpg (578x295, 75K)

I had it running as desktop for 3 month. You have to fine tune it for proper desktop performance. Still it's lacking behind Linux in performance and you can't watch netflix or use spotify. Changed back to Arch

Define good. If you're a normie who browses the web and uses google docs, any OS is a "good" os. Depends what you're looking for. Generally, I advise most people to use OSX and devs to use linux. freeBSD is neat, but just like any other operating system, it gets the job done. Now delete your thread

>Is it a good
yes
>desktop operating system?
no

>I advise most people to go on HRT and transition
ftfy

Try OpenBSD first, it's more suited for desktop use.

Here's the general thread:

Go back to your containment thread.

Go back to your containment subreddit.

>watching netflix
>stream spotify
>on linux
Why? Just use your isolated botnet box for it.

>Butthurt that I told you to stop shilling an insecure OS
You sound like that tripfag on the Haiku general thread

>insecure OS
>implying that I'm the one who creates the general thread
Do you know how Jow Forums or OpenBSD work?

>Butthurt over the truth that OpenBSD is riddled with security vulnerabilities
>Tries to deflect his stupidity by accusing others of it
Stay mad and go back to your containment thread.

>security vulnerabilities
You do realize that OpenBSD fixed the SACK TCP vulns in 2005, while Linux only fixed them a few days ago, right?

You do realize that OpenBSD didn't fix heartbleed before Linux did, right?

Linux didn't know about Heartbleed before OpenBSD. and OpenBSD's OpenSSL fork, LibreSSL, had many vulns fixed before Linux discovered them.

a buncha shit works just as good, SIGINFO is cool, a good amount of shit works worse or takes longer to approach a similar degree of working. it is good, but not as good as debian/fedora/ubuntu etc.
additionally, the kernel is missing or late on plenty of shit that linux has, and there are much fewer binary blobs for it because OEMs don't give a fuck about it. would not recommend
another note: ZOL/zfsonlinux is taking over zfs iirc, so you may even be in a worse position vis-a-vis freebsd's once-upon-a-time 'killer feature'. bhyve and clang are the only interesting projects oriented around freebsd afaik

You know you just said that Linux's fork of OpenBSD's SSL implementation was fixed before Linux discovered them, right?

Moron.

Learn to read, retard.

Learn to write, retard.

>Shitposts about OpenBSD in a thread about FreeBSD
>Bitches when others call him out for hijacking
>Shitposter's face when

Attached: 09.png (500x878, 874K)

I like openBSD nire but freeBSD is still good.

no, there's literally no reason to use this as a desktop os, it's plenty good for servers tho