GOPATH

>GOPATH
>if err != nil
>interface {}
>generics in 2.0
guaranteed replies

Attached: AB0F260C-819B-44D8-95C0-568E47668166.png (410x670, 173K)

>FFI slower than Ruby and Python
>regex slower than Ruby and Python
>nulls and crashes everywhere
>writing 1000000 lines of reflection just to get the same result as generics but with 10x latency
>no enums
>package management that is worse than no package management

Attached: 1560649746765.jpg (512x475, 39K)

Literally the only people who complain about this language are sepples fanatics who've never even tried it.

>FFI slower than Ruby and Python
Why would you be making non-go calls?
>slow regex
Valid
>Nulls and crashes everywhere
Don't skip your err checks retard
>10000 lines of reflection
Literally nobody who uses the language correctly does this.
>no enums
iota
>package management problems
Package management actually works really well, it's the obtuse and retarded dev environment setup that's the problem.

>Literally nobody who uses the language correctly does this.
If you use empty interfaces (aka you use the standard library) then you are doing this already.

>iota
AHAHAHAHAHAHA, is this a bait or you're just retarded? the whole goal of using enums is to be type-safe
>Literally nobody who uses the language correctly does this.
have you ever dealt with with complex ad-hoc serialization/deserialization?
>Don't skip your err checks retard
a good modern language makes sure that nulls cannot be dereferenced in compile-time
>Package management actually works REALLY well
no it doesn't, any 25 yo language has a better package management. go mod is a mess, probably made by 12 yo girl or something.

>If you use empty interfaces
Literally nobody who uses the language correctly does this.

This isn't C, you're not tossing around void pointers. Type safety is compile-time guaranteed unless you do retarded shit like force cast empty interfaces.
>have you ever dealt with with complex ad-hoc serialization/deserialization?
Yes and it was about as easy to do in Go as it is in C. It's a weak point, not a reason to dismiss the entire language.
>a good modern language makes sure that nulls cannot be dereferenced in compile-time
That's an absolutely enormous source of research that nobody knows how to correctly do. Read a book on compilers and understand how absolutely fucking monumental that task is before spouting bullshit.
>no it doesn't, any 25 yo language has a better package management
Unfounded and not an argument. Go has excellent package management resolution.

>That's an absolutely enormous source of research that nobody knows how to correctly do. Read a book on compilers and understand how absolutely fucking monumental that task is before spouting bullshit.
nice bait retard, Rust has proven memory safety in compile-time. Not our problem if your knowledge about languages stopped at 50 yo C and the most retarded language ever written aka Go

>Go has excellent package management resolution
kek, you can't even remove a dependency and clean its dependencies or even update a dependency, literally 12 yo me could have written a much better package management tool

golang is a fest of retardation

>>GOPATH
Not a thing since go mod
>>if err != nil
Yea, 'cause exceptions are better. I do wish we had a built-in maybe monad, though.
>>interface {}
Awesome for DI.
>>generics in 2.0
Eh, desu I don't care one way or the other.

the language's design is awful and retarded. it's slow and compiles slowly
but hell the tooling around it is so comfy

>That's an absolutely enormous source of research that nobody knows how to correctly do.
optionals
they are cheap, simple and work over all types
done
what a fucking enormous research, that's some straight out of 90s material

So many NPCs shitting on Go with the same old tired arguments. Meanwhile my experience has it as one of the most productive languages I have ever used. Continue jerking off to your SICP anime waifu and piece of shit useless Haskell.

the absolute state of go

Attached: go sort function.png (582x231, 24K)

>Meanwhile my experience has it as one of the most productive languages I have ever used
it's just you're a mediocre dev and think that a language that can be learned in 2 hours is productive. Go is actually one of the least productive languages ever made. I can do with Rust a more maintainable code with 0.3x lines less and have 10x confidence that the code is robust while not even consuming half the time I have to with Go

>kek, you can't even remove a dependency and clean its dependencies or even update a dependency
>making demonstrably false claims

how do you remove a dependency cleanly with go mod?

thanks for this low quality post

sick numbers brah

>it's slow and compiles slowly
user what. No language compiles as fast as Go, not Rust (all that safety really bites your ass at compile time), not C++ (Go was literally invented while waiting for C++ templates and include shit), not C (again includes and include guards).

what's the use of fast compilation when the language itself is dogshit?

Just stop using it in your code and run go mod tidy. RTFM.

its so easy to learn i dont think there is any competition in job market for it. anyone with a brain and previous programming experience can learn it at job without previously even touching go. so im having bit of doubts of investing alot of time into go

something something Plato's cave
it IS slow, you just got used to dogshit like GCC and clang, and even worse things for compile time such as C++.
Wirth was right. Funnily, Go devs knew it and Go IS designed toward fast compile times. And they were ok when gc was written in C. But then they migrated it to Go and it became slow. Because Go is slow.

does this remove the unused indirect dependencies too?