Working at a research lab in a Canadian university

>Working at a research lab in a Canadian university
>We do image processing, data mining, etc
>EVEYONE I work with has a fucking mac
>I have a windows laptop
>Everytime we are in a room together I can feel them, staring, judging me
>"What a fucking poor fag, why doesn't he use apple like the rest of us?"

I feel dumb and exposed lads. Why the fuck is apple so popular among researchers? Shit is garbage and takes too long to do the shit we are woring on.

Attached: 1519087885033.png (967x954, 554K)

buy a ssd and hackintosh it, shit in their faces

unironically do this

Bonus points if you do it with an old i7 chinkpad

buy this and make sure the fans are at 100% whenever the macfags are in the room

Attached: .jpg (1800x1200, 261K)

>Everytime we are in a room together I can feel them, staring, judging me

That's just your delusional brain. Nobody really gives a shit what computer you use.

nah people judge you all the time for shit like that, and it does matter. the one that took me a long time to learn was how much people judge you for how you dress and also your shoes. now that I dress well and look like a well dressed upper middle class white collar worker everybody treats me 20x better.

>Hackingtoshes only serve to humiliate iToddlers
Worth it desu

trust me, no one cares what laptop you have. It’s all in your head, they’re more concerned about their own projects and problems.

Install Gentoo

Inferiority complex
But if you're that autistic get a ThinkPad so they know you're an autistic genius instead of some dumbass normie who's just poor

They'll see you are using a windows laptop, not that you are using a Franken os.

Also do you really thing normies fucking care about your hackintosh?

Most people don't even know you exist. How you dress and look only matters if you want something from them or they need something from you.

ITT: Proprietary OS user getting triggered by other proprietary OS users. Researcher even, apparently researching secrets of insecurity and selfdoubt?

And as answer to your question, herd behaviour, whatever you are researching, could be completed on any other laptop, with more efficient operating systems than ones mentioned.

There's no distinction between "Mac" and "Windows laptop", you feel for the Apple marketing coolaid. They're the exact same thing. Macs are just a brand of poorly-made laptops.
Buy a Thinkpad, Libreboot it, install Trisquel, and laugh at those cucks getting their freedoms denied.
>data mining
Can't you get a more ethical job? SUSE and RedHat are hiring.

Do this.
Also being in STEM doesn't mean you're smart in every way, there are scientists who are brilliant in their specific field but can't do basic shit like set the clock on their microwave. So it's not too surprising that some researchers might fall for the applel meme rather than get something that is both cheaper and more effective.

You should know the fact that most people will only remember things of themselves
If you get remembered by having non-mac then you're lucky. Feel it this way you'll be better

>serious research on Windows

l o l

No. They are looking at you because you are stupid.

If you would have riced Arch on your laptop they will have some respect.

Things that never happened: The thread

No Ivan. This is a meme.

People who managed to graduate with a math major from a first-rate school could manage a microwave.

>Install Gentoo
/thread

Math is a little less useful than women’s studies

>I have a windows laptop
Windows is shit. Stop using it. They're judging you for using such a crappy OS.

use linux

Macfaggots care. You gotta understand, to them technology is also a fashion accessory. It's so bad that I actually bought a matte black plastic snap on case for my macbook air that covers the whole thing and layered electrical tape on the inside to block out the glowing Apple to give the impression that it's some random windows "peecee"

Yes they do, even for useless gadgets like smartphones. Try it out if you don't believe me.

Buy a mac; thinking that a group's opinion of you matters is what mac users do.