ITT regret purchases

ITT regret purchases

Attached: 749AAB5E-2D9C-4FFB-AC39-242C9145083E.jpg (1500x2325, 333K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/13053/sapphire-unveils-fs-fp5v-amd-ryzen-embedded-mini-stx-motherboard
tomshardware.com/news/asrock-announces-ibox-r1000-amd-nuc,39113.html
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/04/review-gigabytes-amd-brix-gives-intels-mini-pc-a-run-for-its-money/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is it?

>allwinner
I'm sorry for your loss.

boys, would a lowend NUC be a regret purchase for me? no VMs, just containers and pretty low cpu draw, no serious spikes. mostly concerned about power draw

>inb4 someone regrets their Jow Forums pass purchase

Buying one soon to make a pihole that'll be powered from my router's USB port.

I have purchased an Orange Pi PC2 which has allwinner h5 and its working great so far with armbian images. But I wish I could do more than ssh & torrenting and use it for x265 video playback etc

Attached: amd-ryzen-5-2600-processor-360px-v1.jpg (300x360, 35K)

I bought one to do the same thing and I did not regret it. I did however, have to disconnect the fan because it would ramp up for no reason even with no CPU load.

Why do you regret user?
Doesn't it better than intel counterparts

Attached: 4L_hmfMHuGT.jpg (640x480, 23K)

I have yet to start regretting mine

Orange Pi of some sort. That's ~$10 worth regret purchase.

I sent mine back. Waiting for 3000 series.
It hurts though. Other parts are just waiting.

What do you regret about it? Legitimately interested as I kind of wanted to buy these for general purpose micro Linux machines for different things. Monitoring, cameras, SSH tunnel, etc.

X299 HEDT
This shit boots slower than my '11 Sandy bridge laptop. 16 seconds until bios logo appear vs 2 seconds on SNB.
It also lack iGPU so I cannot install hackintosh unless i pay another 200usd for a burner housefire gpu.

Attached: ismart.png (518x767, 301K)

Like regretting buying and eating a tub of ice cream.

>Not a single reason
Hello intel shill

reee. i think i may go for it depending on how my sandbox for this project turns out, thank you for the advice

Why on earth would you regret purchasing board that runs a full desktop Linux for $10

Are you just too dumb to think of something awesome to do with it?

Here's 3 AMD NUC competitors if you want to avoid the meltdown/zombieload ordeal.

anandtech.com/show/13053/sapphire-unveils-fs-fp5v-amd-ryzen-embedded-mini-stx-motherboard

tomshardware.com/news/asrock-announces-ibox-r1000-amd-nuc,39113.html

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/04/review-gigabytes-amd-brix-gives-intels-mini-pc-a-run-for-its-money/

Also keep a eye out for the new SFX form factor.
AMD is spear heading it to compete with NUC.

>Falling for the bait.

i've heard good things about AMD's price/performance and power draws before, but frankly those offerings aren't too competitive as far as i can tell :(
i am still looking at benchmarks and standing up VMs, so i will re-research and reconsider AMD then, but i'll probably go with intel if nothing's changed

Asus T100chi, it was an okay tablet at best, and a terrible laptop. The worst part was the keyboard, having trouble connecting and being in general terrible to type on, so i actually hauled around an external bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I feel for the 2010 Tablet Top meme, feels bad man.

Attached: fuck.jpg (1500x844, 112K)

Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1
It looked pretty nice. It was priced pretty nice.
Samsung dropped support for that sucker almost immediately. It had it's usb port in the bottom but Samsung had no dock for sale. Even aliexpress at the time had only like 1 cover for sale. The headphone jack broke weeks after the warranty expired and it cost more to repair than it was worth.
Lineage dropped it after android 7.
It's now living it's remaining days as media player next to my treadmill.

Attached: SM-T520.jpg (447x320, 82K)

Should've got the 7950 or 7970

Attached: images (1).jpg (425x425, 17K)

Locked Haswell i5

7950 maybe. 7970 no hard no. I can tell you as someone who had a 7970 I have that literal exact EVGA 670 on my desk right now (not in use) but the 7970 was a hot mess and replaced with the 670. On paper it wasn't as good but man was it nice to play vidya at something less than 80c.

Jow Forums pass

It's like reading things upside-down reveals their evil.

Attached: 1561041910794.jpg (261x222, 17K)

my 7970 ran games since its release until it burned out like 7 years later

Attached: gtx1050ti.jpg (300x300, 30K)

>regretting not having to train google's skynet clone every 60 seconds

Attached: 1560512792042.jpg (680x516, 41K)

Then why did you even buy it?

Dumb consumerist sheep.

I own an Orange Pi Zero and don't regret it.

>iSmart

Attached: serveimage.jpg (800x528, 97K)

Sorta regret my 1700
minecraft with any significant amount of mods loves high frequencies

Attached: doctor doom does as he pleases.png (306x404, 230K)