Trackballs

Ok, Jow Forums, which trackballs do you use and recommend? What is the best modern trackball? I use this Logitech Trackman Marble. It's served me well over the years, but I have had to replace the capacitors recently.

Attached: trackman.jpg (400x400, 14K)

I put my razor RGB gamer edition mouse in between my chad thighs and move my balls on will to control the cursor on my screen.
Reliable AF. Stacie comes for ball maintenance ever day, 100% customer satisfaction.

Kensington Expert Trackball

Attached: Kensington Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball 4.jpg (1000x1000, 217K)

T H I C C

I use the Elecom H U G E

Attached: images.jpg (554x554, 22K)

i havent used one but from what i researched this one is the best and actually worth getting

I've owned one and I can't agree. the top buttons are unergonomic and 2 buttons isn't enough. scroll wheel was nice though

Only the top left button seems out of the way to me

i have pic related, its ok i guess
this looks interesting, do you not have to tilt your wrist up to use it?

Attached: 41QbKfl4+eL._AC_SY400_.jpg (400x400, 14K)

THIS. Elecom Huge master race

Attached: 1546153696552.jpg (789x826, 128K)

Light and scratchy ball.
Pure shit.

I personally recommend Kensington models with the biggest ball.
It's also bigger than Elecom's.

I have this one too.
I think this is best one on market you can get. I just wish it had middle click button since clicking bot at same time sux. Also scrolling could me more fluid

Just get a modern Marble. It is cheap and widely available. It is a matter of personal taste and anatomy, but I think it's more comfortable than thumb trackballs.

Attached: Logitech Trackman Marble.jpg (399x399, 10K)

i find mine collects dirt on the bearings really easily. i wonder if other models are less averse to this

Kensington Slimblade

I like the low profile, you can easily rest your wrist on the desk. The twisting motion to scroll works good, can't really compare to anything being my first full-on trackball.

Tho, it collects dust and animal hair quite often and it interferes with the captors (quick wipe and it's fixed)

Attached: 270321.jpg (680x449, 16K)

>rest your wrist on the desk
That ain't good for you.

it happens to all of them

>He didn't use the billiard ball

These two are GOAT.

cst l-trac and elecom huge / deft pro are really good, but the only real king is pic related

Attached: microsoft-trackball-explorer.jpg (800x876, 114K)

That is normal. Actually mine spins bit too fast/easy and when it gets dirty it works just right for me... I do clean it though.

What do you use these for? What is the benefit over a normal mouse?

need less space on the desk, no wrist pain.

Been using the Logtech M570 for a few months and i just love it. use it mostly for daily usage, when programming and works well to play games like SC2, D3. It's wireless aswell but battery life is good and quite a good wireless range.

Attached: 81V9jp0LuuL._SX466_[1].jpg (466x546, 15K)

thumb trackballs are cursed pain devices.

Needs less space on a desk than what?

Wait few months until the ghost clicking kicks in. Logitech is trash.

i disagree, i like trackballs a lot and much prefer thumb

than a mouse you move around in order to operate it? maybe? could it be? perhaps?

i bet you live in a country where you can weight on taxpayers after leaving your work for "injuries".

Bases and trackpilled

Bases?

For me, it's MX Ergo. Not the best tho, the wheel is one step back from non-ergo models
This thing looks cool but uncomfortable. Does it have an inertial wheel at least?

Attached: Mx ergo, Vortex Vibe, pok3r.jpg (3840x2160, 1.35M)

I've used both the orbit and the expert, sent the orbit back though
I think the orbit was more ergonomic overall
but I like the bigger ball of the expert (plus it's wireless, if you get the wireless one anyway)
also more buttons
the scroll wheel on the orbit is nicer too imo, but not a big deal overall

the slant does make it feel less ergonomic/comfortable at the start, but using the wrist rest makes it very comfortable for me
I had to get used to it a little because I started with the orbit, which felt great off the bat and has a very different feel overall

also the sensor in the orbit is pretty bad (good enough for normal use), the one in the expert is a fair amount better, you can move the ball really fast and it'll track fine

You can bind one of the buttons to scroll with the ball

It's not bad but the Windows software is pretty shit where it bugs out if you set a function for hitting two buttons at once and it uses a specific ball size that makes it proprietary so you won't find any third party. If you somehow dented the ball and try to ask Kensington for a replacement they'll straight up tell you to buy a whole new device which is retarded. It's definitely the best symmetrical trackball which you can use lefty but I'm kinda interested in the Elecom Huge.

Attached: asdfasd.jpg (720x398, 52K)

Same here but my scroll wheel stopped working after about 6 months, not sure about buying another seeing as how the software is pure shit and won't work in most programs

i see
i use mine at work (software job) and given i use keyboard shortcuts half the time i can't imagine i'd get a lot of benefit out of the expert.
what sort of better tracking do you mean? is it just more responsive?
thanks for sharing your experience

fucking based!

Such a comfy thread.

Attached: Kensington_64327_Orbit_Optical_Trackball_USB_414650.jpg (1000x1000, 90K)

This is nice. Got mine for 30 aud second hand

Can we talk about the shitty implementation of trackballs in CAD software, and how I can't map model orientation to ball orientation?

Anyone got that PS/2 only trackball? Would buy it if it wasn't kinda overpriced.

Nope

>using wrist rest
Ha. I had to throw it away because it caused lot of pain for me. My wrist was fucked by being broken many years ago though.

Is there a way to invert trackbal axis on windows 10/7 ?
I had to do it on linux to makenit work for me but could.not do.it on my w10. Now I am changing job and this job might allow me to use my own peripherals (previous one had strict security requirements).

the tracking is the same when you move the ball at normal speeds, but when you roll the ball kinda fast, it malfunctions (just like on mice with shitty sensors)
on the expert you can roll it faster without having it malfunction
it's really not that big of a deal overall, especially if you only use 1 or 2 monitors and use keyboard shortcuts to move to windows across different monitors
yeah I normally wouldn't recommend it either to be honest
the slimblade/orbit honestly seem more ergonomic off the bat since you have to angle your wrist up a fair amount less
I can tell you it's not possible with trackballworks (kensington software) and I don't believe windows has a 'native' option for it either
there are some hacks I found from a quick google search though

using mine rn, had it for a few months. honestly cried in joy after using it for a little bit.