Veracrypt is either very safe, or pwned

sourceforge.net/p/veracrypt/discussion/general/thread/720575f74e/

Interesting read. I tend to agree with the developer - "you're doing a great job, VC is safe, here's $10k" reeks of "NSA knows an exploit and wants to encourage its use" to me.

Attached: icon.png (90x90, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5Q9UF0Tstww
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Based VC.
I only use it to keep my data safe from Tyrone if my laptop gets stolen though.

Okay, then lets look at the source and try to find this ""exploit""
What are the alternatives? Write your own crypter? Good luck
And why others would be safe?
Also remember that encryption methods are safe for x years. When new computing methods will be available, if they have your data youll be fucked anyway. Everyone will. Accept it

For Windows FDE users yeah, it's looking grim. Linux? Shit nigga, we got so many options out the ass we stack crypto.

Veracrypt is French. DGSE is the French equivalent of the NSA. The French don't have the equivalent of the patriot act for now even though DGSE is pushing lawmakers hard for that. Consequently i assume Veracrypt is likely safe for the time being.

this. I'm living in Australia atm anyway so I already gave up my privacy for money

use lukscrypt u niggers
its built into gnu/linux

The best security is not being a pedophile or a terrorist.

Hello officer, is this the latest bullshit you're going with to make people even more complacent and braindead? Seems so.

>Obeying the law
>Complacent and braindead

I hope for your own sake you grow up soon

> Veracrypt

Honestly safer in your "homework" folder.

This, then stick everything you want protected from LUKS vulns in a tomb.

>everyone is a pedophile and a terrorist kids
>allow the government and everyone else access to everything about your online presence
>just be urself, obey something worse than 1984.
youtu.be/5Q9UF0Tstww
Had to change it since this one wasn't working, huh?

Man I was hoping to start this morning right but I read your comment and now I feel retarded.

Attached: 1518729404844.png (480x466, 139K)

>being a pedophile is bad

Take your meds

Way to glow!

>Erase system encryption keys from memory during shutdown/reboot to help mitigate some cold boot attacks.

Really looking forward to 1.24.

based

Attached: B529418E-9EE8-46D8-BD43-C3714DD3C279.jpg (1080x1349, 171K)

I (not OP) was considering writing my own one with some special features, but figured i don't have enough time, and i should just improve veracrypt

I'll look into adding SGX support, which would mean run-time attack against coldboot

Thoughts on CryFS?

Attached: 1556127341794.png (924x902, 43K)

I refuse to use VC.
TC mysteriously disappeared without a word, and you're telling me VC somehow remains perfectly safe? Bullshit.

>but it's open source
Doesn't mean shit. For all we know, there could be a vulnerability that only NSA knows yet no other auditor has discovered yet. Most zero day vulnerabilities were known by NSA years before they came to public attention. They may have even pressured auditors NOT to reveal such information.

As far as I know, TC has been the only proven software to work in real world cases.

This is bullshit. Every listed piece of software protects file contents and metadata from modification. Any encryption software that didn't would be laughed out the room.

Based

source on the NSA thing? your whole argument relies on that premise so you should substantiate it

>using BULLRUN infiltrated software
>2019

Please let yourself be run over by a car

Why not just use truecrypt?

for external drivers I would like to use a password and a keyfile. is that possible?
and is the data as safe to bitrot as veracrypt, like if I backup the header files ill have 99% chance of recovering data, instead of having an useless block of encrypted metal cheese?

>QUANDUM GOMBUDING :DDDD

Attached: UltimateLameAmphiumasize_restricted.gif (800x352, 2.4M)