Why is this the best starting language?

Why is this the best starting language?

Attached: 1200px-C_Sharp_wordmark.svg.png (1200x1200, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/tc39/proposal-optional-chaining)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its like Java but better

>C#
>still require glasses to read clearly
wtf

haha take my upload redditor, you made my day haha!

Great tooling, intuitive, fast. And it's great for small projects and video games which are what draws people into programming.

>java for ms fags
no thx

>compiler puts telemetry into your program
nothing personnel

You're a cum guzzling faggot.

T. not him

>M$
No, thanks. Pic related is better.

Attached: Java_logo_icon.png (4321x2419, 209K)

>C Shart

Attached: 1559071549543.gif (413x243, 51K)

I prefer D flat.

because you are wrong

i mean, this exists

Attached: 1200px-Kotlin-logo.svg.png (1200x1200, 79K)

Why even bother with some knockoff Java?

Attached: 1326231016254.jpg (1024x768, 521K)

t. pajeet

Good for gui apps

The fuck is that

Easy to learn
Robust to get "real" work done with
Fast enough exclusion for most all performance tasks

Its about the best language out there for effort/performance ratio at the moment

it's not

shill harder, C# beats out Java in every single way

Why would you want to use Java or C# for anything though?

it is definitely not, c#
go away microshill

> in every single way
Except for, you know, being actually used in the real world and not as a tool language for shitty game developers and M$ shills. Ironically Typescript is probably more relevant for businesses than c#

C hashtag

This.

OOP/10
Dropped

>Its about the best language out there for effort/performance ratio at the moment

That would be Python.

So why on MIT they use Pyhton at the begining?
Your argument is invalid.

>python

Lanuage for small brain women desu.

Just go for C from the start. I did Pascal, and Basic before, but you absolutely need to know about functional programming before going into OOP.
Then C++, and you like it because it's objectively more functional.
Then C# because It's much more easier at prototyping a shit app.
Then Java, if you must.

I started out with Java because that's what my uncle taught me. These days I would probably just go with Python if you're a total noob. It's incredibly easy to get started with it. C++ and Java still remains the most useful.

Not a problem if your uncle was competent at teaching.
Back in my days, kiddo, Java was a memory leak by itself.

Well if the file name was not a give away, it is kotlin

It's not. Java is better if you're first learning to program.

t. hasn't written a single line of either language professionally

>Java is better if you're first learning to program.
kek

prove me wrong. java is much simpler than c#

it's actually a great language. probably one of the few things microsoft has done right.

Well almost every mistake will appear in the IDE as a warning as soon as you make it, on the other hand that might be bad for new programmers. It feels dangerously easy to use.

have fun stuffing the pockets of pajeet and paying those licensing fees goy

The only thing keeping TypeScript from being #1 is that it's missing optional chaining, but since it's already a tc39 proposal (github.com/tc39/proposal-optional-chaining) I expect this to come soon

rust?

Because it's a great language in general.

You're wrong. There. No one should learn OOP and that's even more important if it's their first language

Well sure, if you're opposed to OOP then that's fine. But if you're opposed to OOP you don't learn C# either.

I literally said it's java but better, thank you user

assembly. if you learn assembly then every language will be easier to understand and you will learn how the computer operates at a detailed and basic level. don't spend TOO much time on assembly though because it is very old and the only use case it has today is for disassembly/reverse engineering programs.

Neat. I checked for coalesce/elvis in the proposals so I thought this would never become a thing, but the proposal just had another name.

Java...Script

no user don't learn German first for your job, you should learn proto-German first it's good to know the roots but wait you should also learn Latin too so you can understand all the linguistics and vocabulary influences on the language and broaden your perspective so much but now that we're at Latin you should learn Ancient Greek too (not modern Greek that has nothing to do with it) so you can TRULY understand the structure and semantics of German please wait here while I run to the library and borrow the Tree of Languages so we can see what foundation you need for German ok?

your analogy isnt valid nigger
assembly is still used, proto-German not so much

are you retarded? the point isn't whether it's still used or not, but that it's irrelevant to the task ahead, he should learn what he wants at the given moment, not some other 15 languages before he can start using what he really wants, should she also learn fucking B since that came before C? or should he program punchcards with straight binary too?

It's the best general language and the best career language too. Massively underrated because freetards still think it's closed source/spec and Windows only.

listen to me nigger, he doesn't need to learn assembly before other languages, but if he does learn assembly then he will have a stronger understanding of how computers work. dumb nigger.

>best career language
how? SAP, Google and IBM and bunch of other enterprise institutions (mainly bioinformatics) depend on Java (+ Android but Kotlin is the mainliner there now) while only MS pushes C# with governments adopting mostly or pure-MS stack shops

python > c > c++ > c#
t. $40/hr 40/week remote web dev

hence why he should learn what he wants instead of 15 other languages before that as I suggested, and learn about other languages once he's comfy, it really shows that you're a brainlet who can't understand mere sentences so you immediately resort to strawmans, go back to /v/ retard instead of polluting this board

Performance is okay at best when compiled with pypy, and IMO is actually a less forgiving language since it's less event driven then C# and the whole whitespacing thing can easily confuse new people.

You work with fewer 'tards and Indians (who vary in competency, but are generally annoying). You will probably earn similar pay depending on the location, and have better coworkers. Java is a hot second for best career language though. Almost everything else has a high chance of pairing you with wokefags and codecamp morons, which is truly unreasonable working conditions. Also with Java/C# you're less likely to run into open office meme shit, and more likely to work on projects that aren't blatantly sociopathic (like marketing) and/or will never work (like startup moonshots).

>Less forgiving
Especially when projects get large. Python is okay for small scripts. Anything beyond a thousand lines or so gets unwieldy. A lot of that is because of the ass type system.

My rule of thumb has been if its going to take more then 100 lines to do something, I don't do it in Python. If I'm just doing something quick due to an idea or whatever and I can do it in a few dozen lines, I'll use Python to prototype it.

That's probably a good mark, and the correct use of the language imo.

best book to learn Java?

python. I dont like bloated microsoft IDE so i stay away from C#

>Bloated Microsoft IDE.
What is Rider, VS Code, and even Visual Studio since 2017 when they started seriously debloating it.

>java
customer.setName("pajeet");
var name = customer.getName();
>c#
customer.Name = "bill";
var name = customer.Name;

Attached: java_poop.jpg (209x241, 7K)

Reddit army has arrived! Beware trolls and rudeposters.

>he programs in a ketchup

Attached: 1_r5jT4j0CExXvJicmV1UGrw.jpg (450x600, 57K)

man when I see shit like this I wonder, do people just post thing without having any idea what they are talking about? The whole world runs on .NET lol

Simple means less abstractions, not less characters per line.

Scala.

Also C# unlike java doesn't need any extra boilerplate to use unmanaged code, because it has full type system unlike java with its "hurrdurr who needs unsigned values anyway, better do unmanaged boilerplate with java style exports.".Other part is that if needed one can use pointers. Sure these hardly are features for "starting program" but still.

It's fucking everywhere. Perhaps not as ubiquitous as Java, but still everywhere. Most of the kids on this board do nothing but rice their desktop so forgive them for not having a clue.

Bit twiddling and unmanaged access with p/invoke is quite comfy in C#

youre a legit fucking idiot and i fuckig hate you like for real i would straight up murder you right now no jokes

Jow Forums loves memelang

Close but no cigar

Scheme is still king because of how phenomenal an introduction to computing SICP is.

That's a good argument. You'll get drawn and quartered by the purple hairs for teaching Scheme and SICP out the gate though. If you don't start with HTML and CSS (seriously) they'll accuse you of gatekeeping and being uninclusive/racist/sexist/transphobic.