Jow Forums's opinion on Resurrection Remix OS?

Jow Forums's opinion on Resurrection Remix OS?

Attached: Bildschirmfoto 2019-06-21 um 12.22.00.png (915x401, 278K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/zuk-z2-pro/development/rom-lineageos-16-0-t3879189
forum.xda-developers.com/lenovo-zuk-z2/development/lineageos-16-0-t3907327
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It has some really pajeet-tier name

it's maintained by pajeets

It's shit, they set SELinux to permissive mode, they just add some stupid settings on top of Lineage OS, and on some devices, they include a modified vendor image that makes you unable to use other ROMs until you flash the stock vendor image.

Just use Lineage OS.

I run it because there's no official lineage build for my phone

I don't know much about android but it feels like stock and isn't bloated to shit, so I'm happy with it

>I don't know much about android
It tells

Yeah, so what's your suggestion neckbeard? Stay on the vendor bloatware?

What hardware are you running your RROS?

Zuk Z2 pro

its ok for some tablet and phones
its shit on others

i wish there was an aosp with MIUI

>Zuk Z2 pro
Not original user but forum.xda-developers.com/zuk-z2-pro/development/rom-lineageos-16-0-t3879189

forum.xda-developers.com/lenovo-zuk-z2/development/lineageos-16-0-t3907327
>Took me literally 20 seconds

Any good ROMS for the nexus 7 Flo? Currently running lineage but they're stuck on Android 7.1.2

Yeah, which is maintained by the exact same pajeets maintaining RR

Wasn't it started by some Italian guy?

Attached: 1560373762460.jpg (553x390, 37K)

>unofficial
>"""maintained""" by some literal who chinese
ok bros

As an official RR maintainer -- stay away from it if you care about privacy and security. Here's why:

- It is patched for non-restricted signature spoofing out of the box. This means that any application can pretend to be a different application and possibly do some nasty shit. Yes, this still requires user granting the app permission for signature spoofing, but most users don't care or understand warnings and tend to just click "yes" to message boxes so that they can continue browsing TikTok/Instagram/Snapchat/etc.
- The lead developer takes forever to approve pull requests and doesn't know much about the system itself. For example, when I asked him about the signature spoofing thingy, he said something along the lines of "lol nobody cares about ur data boy".
- SELinux Enforced is not an official requirement for ROM maintainership (like it is on LineageOS and some other ROMs). In general, the ROM requirements are very chill and relaxed, ROMs and device trees don't get audited or checked for backdoors, so I can imagine that any official maintainer can put some malicious stuff in his ROM and no one will ever know

What is SElinux, goy

Attached: 1553343943845.png (680x788, 94K)

Viable fork when? Never?

No need. LineageOS already has everything that you would ever need. Most of the stuff RR has is stupid gimmicky features like "different lock screen clock", "battery bar" or "extra UI fonts".
If you actually use your phone and don't just spend hours on it scrolling through ROM features, you will be fine with LOS

Runs shit on treble for me. I use AOSPExtended instead.

Signature spoofing is used by microg. If a user knows enough to install the ROM, but not know what it is before granting the permission, that's their fucking problem.

not lineageos, on my phone it went unmaintained since they accepted they don't know what they are doing and is just a rebrand of lineage