All Mac hate aside, how come nobody has managed to make a trackpad as good as this?

All Mac hate aside, how come nobody has managed to make a trackpad as good as this?

Attached: apple-macbook-pro-with-touch-bar-15-inch-20.jpg (800x601, 47K)

because trackpads will always be inferior to a mouse and there's no use in making one anything more than decent

I have my reservations against Macs, especially the keyboards, but the trackpad is unironically simply the very best there is on the market.

I still use a 2014 macbook pro and i love the trackpad on it, but weirdly i don't like the new one so idk

this. I wouldn't complain about my trackpad being better, but it wouldn't make much difference as I avoid using it wherever possible. using anything but keybinds on a laptop is incredibly tedious and ineffecient

MacBooks went to shit after 2015 when the jews took charge of Apple
The last functional MacBook model is the late 2015 edition

In what way is it better than other trackpads? The only difference I see is tthe massive size which I view as a downside.

Have you actually tried using one?
It's 10x more responsive and fluid than any other trackpad on the market

you're dumb i'm not going to carry around a mouse with my laptop

How can trackpad be bad? I mean, what makes it good? I only had one laptop: it was kind of MacBook ripoff for $200 (Prestigio SmartBook 133S) and trackpad JUST WERKED.

how can a display be bad? it just works!!!

I haven't. That's why I was asking. I never had my non-apple touchpaf be unresponsive tho.

the newest ones (the big ones) have very good accuracy, the faster you drag your fingers across them the larger the distance your cursor does, you can scroll with two fingers, pinch in and out which results in touch tablet like gestures, so no crappy ctrl +/- zoom, actual real time zooming. there's many more gestures, like sliding left or right in a list to unread/delete mails quickly for example, you can also swap desktops with four fingers, slide over your notifications if you swipe from the right side, and do a bunch of other nice gestures. the new ones allow you to click anywhere on the touchpad due to the haptic feedback and force touch it'll feel like actual clicking, even in the upper corners. you can even press down harder on a file or a word to quick look it or search up the word in a dictionary. it can do much more too, like capturing a signature.

I never saw a bad display, but I find displays of most modern smartphones better than a cheap monitors' displays.
What's your point?

The gestures and the acceleration are a software/driver thing. Acceleration, and two finger scroll are possible in Linux and Windows, pinch zoom in Windows.
Clicking anywhere is a personal preference. I like to have separate buttons, which the apple one doesn't have.
Registering how hard you press down is cool tho.

Clit mouse master race

>the faster you drag your fingers across them the larger the distance your cursor does, you can scroll with two fingers, pinch in and out which results in touch tablet like gestures, so no crappy ctrl +/- zoom, actual real time zooming. there's many more gestures
But that's literally every trackpad. The different is the accuracy and it make a really big.
The tiny trackpad (smallest one i have ever used) on the Surface 3 is actually a lot easier to use than any bigger trackpads on cheap laptops.

No one is saying that Apple products are the only ones that have these features, but they are executed with a higher level of consistency and polish throughout the OS and applications due to Appleā€™s control over the platform. This makes it much more functional and pleasant to use when compared to its Linux and Windows counterparts.

i've used a surface trackpad, the precision touchpads are as close to a macbook touchpad but they lack a few things. also when holding down the trackpad with your finger near the edge, it sucks because it engages a continuous movement.

if you're doing something that doesn't requires a mouse you probably don't need a trackpad any more than decent
faggot

>2020
>trackpad
why?

Attached: IMG_0338.png (777x518, 208K)

something that requires no mouse like go somewhere with a portable computer you fucking retard

the software implementation of these things is VERY GOOD on apple products, unfortunately

Do people actually like these? I never found them useful, and if anything, I feel like they get in the way when typing.

You can put the mouse in your purse, you fuckin queer.

fuck yes, i love it and I always end up disabling the trackpad in bios and just using the trackpoint

Why do you care, i3 + vim + qutebrowser

Life is comfy

Because trackpads are toys
Mice are for productivity

You can be very productive using a magic mouse and workstations with gestures but you wouldnt know what because you have never actually worked with other developers

workspaces*

>Mice are for productivity
mice are for gaymers

move over for the chad input device

Attached: microsoft-trackball-explorer.jpg (800x876, 114K)

they also limit pointing devices by streamlining their workflow to work from keyboard accessible commands

It's not at all, it has better default configuration than most. It's just a trackpad not made by apple, the "bbbut the trackpad" is just posted by truly dumb people who are trying to feel better because they regret their purchase.

why would I do that WHEN THERE'S A TRACKPAD BUILT INTO THE FUCKING LAPTOP

YOU'RE SO ANNOYING AND FULL OF SHIT
YOUR HOUSE SHOULD BURN TO THE GROUND

ON CHRISTMAS

there really is no competition. the haptic feedback is patented. all new windows lappies dont even have press buttons. you're supposed to tap to click which is fucking garbage.

but all in all using a mouse is most productive. not be a longshot though because of how great apple trackpad is.

imagine owning a laptop with a trackpad and not disabling it. please leave

Huawei makes better trackpads than Apple and your mom combined, you filthy faggot.

fpwp

Attached: image.jpg (540x600, 65K)

I honestly hate how big trackpads are getting. What genetically deficient monkey needs that much space to drag their finger across?

What a garbage oversized track pad
Trackpads are so inefficient just use a fucking mouse. Only thinkpad nipples are more useless.

Matebook X Pro. It was so good it had to be banned!

The Acer Chromebook 14 has a better trackpad.

You obviously haven't tried doing real work on a laptop on an airplane tray table.

Attached: d8d.jpg (655x625, 51K)

They were legitimately better a while ago but the other brands have caught up. Any ultrabook with a glass trackpad from the past three years will be about the same.

I have Panasonic with one of those round track-pads and I find it superior to Mac one.

stop making pictures and trying to blend in, reddit

I unironically use an Apple trackpad on my PC :^)

>when the jews took charge of Apple
this is your brain on reddit

Because PC manufacturers have an autistic engineer mentality. Apple poured millions (or whatever) of R&D to produce a trackpad that moves accurately. PC vendors simply say "well, a trackpad is never going to be accurate, but this is good enough" and use a mouse.

>t. autistic engineer
Steve Jobs would've slammed your ass against the wall and told you to fix it or you're fired.

Precision Trackpad spec?
They are finally trackpads that don't suck.

Attached: 1518554916191.jpg (466x466, 43K)

The windows precision pads are all pretty good. Not as consistently good as the Macbook trackpads but really good enough. Given I only used a mbp for work so I didn't always use the trackpad

Yes, it's great.

Maybe because a mouse is superior?

If mouse is so much better, why get a trackpad to use with desktops?

don't be so sure, back in the quake 3 days, few players used a trackball and were damn well proficient at it.

Who gives a shit if the trackpad is good if the keyboard is like a wet towel?

>tap to click which is fucking garbage
true i fucking hate it

Who does that? Only huge flaming macfags get desktop trackpads.

Reading facebook isn't considered work.

Yeah but i write java for a living. An excessive amount of developers use mac, anyone who has work in the industry knows this

I write C++ (Qt5 for automobile industry) for a living and use only P/W-series Thinkpads, wanna measure PPs?

Some of my coworkers use thinkpads too. I developed on an arch desktop and an ubuntu desktop at this same company as well as a mac mini. Ive been there a while. It doesnt matter to me as long as it has a functing terminal with a bash profile. I prefer iterm 2 as my daily terminal emulator though. You can eat me if you dont like it.