Why aren't you running a Hackintosh?

Why aren't you running a Hackintosh?

Attached: screenshot.png (609x749, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vanilla.amd-osx.com/
vanilla.amd-osx.com/conclusion.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because I have a real Macbook pro.

Why should I? I have no use for it.
Use the tool for the job.

Based. I don't need a laptop, but I'd consider buying one after trying macos.

Because I have a job and I can ‘afford’ to buy Mac but ‘can’t afford’ to spend that much time larping for a Mac.

because im not a homosexual

But hackintoshes are far superior than current desktop Macs. They are also very stable if you know what you're doing.

Define superior

-From my iMac 5K, fyi.

I had one running, but I quickly realized I had no more use for it than a toy. Hasn't booted it up since.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 10.34.53 PM.png (698x286, 41K)

Running Ryzen CPUs through VFIO or actually using i9's without throttling if you're an Intel cuck.

Wow, mac's "about" screen looks very similar to screenfetch.

Not like it matters.

im not a faggot like you op, thats why

It does matter though. Both are gay af.

Metal.

because os x hasn't been good since 2009

I can't afford a macOS license, or a stand to put it on.

I bet you also think that XP was the best Windows ever.

Who needs a Hackintosh if exist Arch?

People who don't want to keep fixing the xserver after every update.

Too complicated and dualbooting is hard. I'll stick to GNU/Linux for now.

I'm straight

>mac os license

This. 2017 function key model with 256gb of storeage. Serving me well so far. Kinda of wish i paid up for 16gb of ram instead of storage though

It's actually very very easy if you use one disk per OS and set ups your machine to boot via Clover.

MacOS is proprietary closed source software.

Because I don't like spyware in my OS. Anything I can do on a Mac can be done on GNU\Linux, or absolute worst case scenario: Windows.

21stpbp

Because Nvidia

But I'm.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 13.12.18.png (1920x1080, 386K)

People who actually work.

What's complicated about it? Just install Windows or whatever distro you're running and then install macOS. After that you only need to copy or EFI folder. 3 steps.

So what's the point of this? You lose Hipster points because you aren't running Apple approved software, and you have to use inferior hardware.

anyone with experience in hackintoshing thinkpads? how's battery life? my 68+ battery only lasts like an hour and a half, sometimes even less in win7

oh fuck. Time to change my serial number.

>you have to use inferior hardware.
>he doesnt know

There are people with professional studios running hackintoshes on their machine because if gives them more options in terms of software/hardware.

Apple's hardware are shit, but macOS has some impressive apps, since most people using it can afford those software and since it's not as popular as windows, it's harder to normal people to use cracked software.

because im not poor

You will never be able to afford a mac

Because I dont iDilate

cliche meme is cliche

I remember Hackintosh was very hard to setup and required very specific hardware back then.
How is it now?
Are there any driver compatibility issues or stuff like that?
MacOS is based but Macs are overpriced as fuck, especially in my third world shithole.

But I don't want to. I don't need a mac to work outside the house or anything like that, why would I buy an expensive hardware if I can run the same software with my own hardware?

I've been doing it since 2015 and it's been great. I still have the same EFI folder from back then and everything works. Updates included.

But to be fair, if you don't want to waste time on find fixes for errors on your hardware, I highly recommend that you buy hardware that are natively compatible with macOS. Not only it will be easier to install the system and everything, you will find a lot of documentation for you hardware since a lot of people have done it. There are a few sites that show what's compatible and what's not.

As long as you motherboard and processor are compatible, you're basically done.

It's very easy if you have hardware that's already been tested. I'm the OP and my Gigabyte motherboard + i5 6500 + RX 480 works pretty much natively and needed only 4 kexts.
Power management is also a breeze since profiles are already available for my hardware.

This, checked any anyone having a bitch fit over it should probably put that energy into having sex.

have sex

This: Mine's an early 2015 model that I bought in late 2015, and yeah I absolutely prioritised RAM above storage and went with 16GB, although my SSD is also 256GB, but I refused to go higher than that. I just bought a cheap USB 3 external 1TB hard drive for extra storage, which only cost me like £50.

Also I went for refurbished which probably saved like £200 and gave me what is basically still a brand new computer, indistinguishable from a non-refurbished one. It cost me £1,149.00 (which apparently was $1,762.42 USD at the time, although with today's exchange rate it's only $1,446.90 USD).

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-21 at 17.35.24.png (1396x930, 378K)

Yeah at work i have a full loaded 15 inch 2015 model with the i7 16gb ram 512gb storeage. My macbook pro at home is mostly just for youtube and web browsing.

Is any motherboard natively compatible? Surely not, because Apple's motherboards are custom made. Processors should be fine because they're all Intel, and Apple uses standard parts in other areas too, but yeah.

literally easier than installing gentoo

Of course, but they also use Realtek drivers and so on. Gigabyte motherboards share a lot of the same drivers and inputs, so most of them are compatible. I have a motherboard from gigabyte from 2015 and another from 2009, both are compatible.

Can't wait for the new mac pro just for these neat new kexts. They will more than likely start supporting more hardware.

Yeah, that new mac pro was an interesting one. I though they would start to produce their own hardware starting next decade, but that's not the case. Well, Hackintosh is not even a threat to Apple.

i dont understand how to install this shit if i havent macbook and OS for install.

I'm a straight white male and not a leftist university student

Attached: Jojosh.jpg (240x219, 16K)

Fair enough, I bought mine to do some web dev and Photoshop stuff, so I wanted the 16 GB RAM for future proofing, especially since it's soldered on and can't be upgraded. I can always buy many more hard drives for storage but I can't put more RAM in there.

Not even close to a threat. As much as I use it daily, I know that it's just a niche thing.
Get it from a VM, fren.

Search for Olarila. They have the ISOs so you can make a vanilla instal from Windows. Just make a penboot using windisk32imagewriter or something and then place your EFI in the USB.

Oralila is not the best way to go. It's going to fill his install with useless crap. It's better to do it the native way. If he follows a tutorial for his hardware it's hardly going to happen anything wrong. It's also going to be much more optimized.

Attached: 1540996314255.png (400x1650, 367K)

Hackintoss

because i'm running a slackbook

Attached: 2019-06-21-201917.png (1440x900, 478K)

I didn't run toy OS even on MacBook .

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1542001426049.gif (540x304, 1.86M)

what bar?

xfce4-panel with genmon plugin and vala-panel-appmenu (had to change the source a bit or it'd crash whenever i closed all windows and landed at the desktop)

....but the Olarila is vanilla. Are not talking about tonyx86?

And it's just for a first install, he could always download the OS from the App Store later on.

Become I'm not a subhuman mactoddler soiboi.

Attached: 1553351052722.webm (960x540, 2.16M)

A ton of effort for a gimped Unix experience
Also you need a very specific hardware config for it to work correctly
Also it violates Apple's EULA so they can break everything for you without any repercussions

My bad. I mixed up. You're correct about going with Olarila.

BASED

I'm not a mactoddler

Seething.

I'm not gay.

I don't smoke cock.

MacBook user here, and yeah, Hackintosh is probably more trouble than it's worth.

If you want a Mac then get a Mac, but if you want to build a PC then you can accomplish everything with Windows and Linux, and if you REALLY want to run macOS (pretty unnecessary when Windows and Linux together can accomplish everything that macOS can), using virtualisation is probably the best way to do it.

Because I like to rice KDE to look like Windows 7 Aero, the best user interface.

>probably
t. never tried or even looked to learn about it
It's actually very easy with the correct hardware, which there are plenty of options.

see

But surely you will end up having to buy less good value parts in order to get that compatibility.

Can you use AMD processors (e.g. Ryzen), for instance?

Not really. Most Intel hardware is supported. There's motherboard + CPU combos for all price point that works well and uses popular parts.

For AMD there's a big community working around the issues. Afaik it's possible to run natively just fine with a selection of hardware. But for full compatibility it's indeed advised to go the VFIO route.
vanilla.amd-osx.com/
vanilla.amd-osx.com/conclusion.html