What age were you when you finally grew out of videogames? 17? 16? Earlier?

What age were you when you finally grew out of videogames? 17? 16? Earlier?

Attached: 019237841239.jpg (500x664, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

alibaba.com
taobao.com
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gGynGiSlATs
openssource.info/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Grow out of vidya

Havent

Attached: ff9.png (371x397, 177K)

I was smart enough that I read books when others played gaymes.

only reason i grew out was because i havent had a good computer in years.

>What age were you when you finally grew out of videogames? 17? 16? Earlier?
>finally grew out of videogames?
>finally

you know that people are allowed to have run right?
i bet you are some 18yr old shitkid who thinks hes "adult" by saying shit like "why would i need a pc, i have an iphone"

19 and I still play video games
How do I grow out of working and studying? I've been doing it for too long now

I was 19 when i grew out of vidya, OP.
I'm a laid back and mature adult, so i still take an interest in my co-workers gaming interests, but i wouldn't go home and "play games" for (((fun))). Too many important things to experience and achieve in life.

I only play CSGO now and some japanese rpgs. I wish I was as enthusiastic as I was before.

my nigga

10/10

why you are posting such cuties which we, neets, will never have even in a friend zone?

bladerunner-in-pain.jpg

Never biatch

online competitive games are a huge timesink and they have weird addictive properties that ruin a lot of other activities, it's better to avoid them

It only wastes my time for vidya. I put apart 1 or 2 hours a day for videogames and instead of playing other games I end up playing that shitty shooter so it's not like I'm wasting my life on it.

this

I don't know man. after quitting all online games I found I enjoyed a lot of activities way more including other games. now I only play single player or co-op games. I used to be a CSGO fiend and I'm so glad I quit.

>what age were you when you grew out of music?
>what age were you when you grew out of movies?
>what age were you when you grew out of books?

29 is when I stopped playing vidya regularly. Doing so also fixed my sleep schedule and now I regularly get up at 6am. I'll still play in short bursts every few week.s

That doesn't make you smart, that means you like non-interactive escapism.

26, if we're talking books that aren't textbooks or papers

I'm not senile yet

at 20 I stopped following new games
still like going back to old titles though

Never.
2018. Capeshit doesn't interest me, it's for onions.
They replaced my movie and TV show consumption.
>What age were you when you finally grew out of videogames?
Never, i'll keep shitting on westcuck onionmouth SJWs and their faggotry in this space for all eternity so long as it keeps being entertaining to my mind.

>growing out of forms of entertainment because you're a insecure faggot
Did you grow out of educational books too? I love reading them just because I enjoy them.

Attached: +_818ffbcdd5781f636f99b25faae3e6ba.jpg (788x739, 101K)

I quit AAA games in 2012 or 2013
I quit multiplayer games in 2015
I still love playing other games though, like subnautica or snakebird

I still play HoMM 3 on my [spoiler]Macbook[/spoiler]

I need an asian tomboy gf please help

Growing out of it right now, at 19. Not because I've matured, but because 1) I don't get any enjoyment from anything anymore (might be depression) and 2) I don't have time for vidya anymore because of uni.

fpbp

you've never really worked a day in your life by 19, and never really studied either

>What age were you when you finally grew out of videogames?
when i got my first gf.
i didnt.

Attached: 1543109426153.png (509x619, 8K)

I really don't play as much as I used to anymore.
Pretty much exclusively on weekends and days off.
I prefer playing videogames and reading instead of watching TV/movies.

i can smell you neckbeard from here

based

uni user here, you can totally have time next to uni.
i usually play a csgo match every 1-2 weeks
also sometimes playing games on phone while on public transport, although i wouldn't really count that

Around 20. I keep trying to play them even now, but I just get so damn bored of them.

tv and movies fucking suck

16, however I still game super casually, honestly I recognize that even that is a waste of time and childish but at this point I don't give a shit since I have no potential anyway

A lot of games are pretty fucking bad these days too, to be fair.
I find myself playing older stuff exclusively singleplayer.

~25.

I could not get into the current generation of games anymore. And instead dreamed about old games/"perfect game" that is made for me. It never came and I waited out.

Essentially a generation changed and I didn't keep up.

I'm studying medicine and have a big exam about everythi.g from the first two years this summer. The last time I even turned on my computer was a week ago. Suicide is looking better and better each day.

okay daddy

>Essentially a generation changed and I didn't keep up.
Do you want to keep up in an environment of selling skins of boxes?

around 14

Depends on what the subject matter. If we're talking harry potter type shit then yeah, youre right. If we're talking philosophy, business, art, history, science, psychology, or literally anything non-fiction, then nah. That shit will be a tremendous step toward making you smart, but you do still have to apply the knowledge properly. Only then will it actually mean something and be worth all the time spent reading/learning.

there's some pretty fucking good games these days though, it's not all AAA lootbox garbage and mobile games

never
i also didn't grow out of 14s

>Capeshit
the question was when you grew out of movies not superhero films

probably about 19. The last big console I owned was the gamecube that I got when I was 14. I was already growing out of games by then.

I still play some old favourite games on occasion but I don't identify as a gamer and the last console I bought was a second hand DS lite in 2008

There's nothing wrong with playing video games, just like there's nothing wrong with reading books or programming. Just don't be autistic about it.

not with that attitude, fren.
you are in the age of jewgle, all possible knowledge that can make you money is at your fingertips.
If you choose an irl trade make sure it's legit because u dont want to get locked up with stinky niggers and sandniggers, do you?
if you choose to make moneys on your pc, it's safe to go on grey areas like mmo botting + gold sale, social media botting, mass account creation.
black hat tier stuff ie cc fr@ud is safe if you use proper tools. Russian forums have a ton of pages of discussions on how they do this stuff.
they just do a big haul every 6 months ish and live as NEETs off that til money runs out, rinse and repeat. It's doable in low cost of living regions ie. eastern yuropoor or latin america/asia.

Attached: 1560906123126.jpg (720x764, 142K)

>While you were playing videogames, I studied the blade.

I only don't game for the same reason I don't go out
too much work or better stuff to do
although when I'm sick or otherwise bound to stay home being unproductive for a few days and I don't feel like reading I play something for an hour or two

Its not like I don't play ANY games, I play some games like Path of Exile/emulated games, but these are games in the style of older generation of games.

There's also the monetary factor too. Games today are now meant to be a service rather than a game, a way to extort money from you. However as an adult, you learn the value of money and begin to see the frivolity of spending it on useless gimmicks.

>the question was when you grew out of movies not superhero films
What's the difference?

Wish i could still enjoy vidyas...

Attached: F0293C4F-44A9-4E21-AD5F-A6C2ECA5465D.jpg (640x631, 36K)

>However as an adult, you learn the value of money and begin to see the frivolity of spending it on useless gimmicks.
I agree, and also, it just ruins the fun. Having someone badger you for money strips the fun right out of something for me; it's almost uncouth. So many games forgot to include *fun*, instead they opted for quantity over quality, lambasting you with busy work and the availability of purchasable cheats.

I'm enjoying reading more now though; at least books can't extort you really. Only problem is, the book market is over saturated with garbage, written by those with prose dopier than a monkey, that will still receive critical acclaim for their 'themes'. I generally try to find books written by linguistics - they tend to artfully craft each sentence (eat shit litfags).

The only videogame I play right now is Chess
otherwise I have LEGO Harry Potter installed but haven't played it very much.

Attached: mated.png (1360x924, 118K)

Never had a console and always had shitel laptops growing up.
Vidya does very little for me but I casually play Leeg and CivV.

>list chinkshit item from these sites on ebay for like $20 more
>when someone orders the item, make an order to the chinks and set the buyers address as destination
>wa-lah, ~$10 profit post pp fee/shipping
alibaba.com
taobao.com

>Mmo botting:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gGynGiSlATs

>Russian blackhat: openssource.info/

Zoomers have a million ways to make money but they'd rather sit and passively consume media/play vidya. Use this to your advantage. Snap out of consumerism, profit off consumers

Attached: 1560599599451.gif (358x262, 224K)

No, you don't. Getting bored with repetitive behaviours is normal. Most games are horribly tedious and intentionally padded out with filler so they can justify the $60 price tag. If you want to experience a game for the story or whatever then put a let's play on in the background while you do something else.

>he thinks he is an adult
>he unironically posts on chan-chan-chan-chan

you're techanically an adult no matter what if you've live for 18 years or longer

Around 16 i think i stopped

Legally, mentally, biologically?

When I have a dream, probably 22

Shut the fuck up ya little wack ass fake nerd cuck boi

>Russian forums have a ton of pages of discussions on how they do this stuff.

Bullshit. 99% of it. Russians are uneducated and lack the habit of systematic thinking.

You could read Nigerian spammers forums as well.

you dont have to believe me, go to openssource.info with some firefox page translator addon or chrome. These russians are the smart ones who decided the commie game was not worth taking part in, so they went their own way

Attached: 1560728747841.jpg (372x574, 46K)

When i went to uni
mainly because internet forums took over

legally
You can say you're an adult at 15 both mentally or/and biologically, its subjective and varies

Did this too. Wouldn't say I gained much from it.

Attached: 7130.jpg (1080x1331, 216K)

grew out of it with 16, realized it with 18 after 2 years of forcing myself to play anything. now doing pointless linux distrohopping and ricing window managers for 1 year. help me

And yet here you are.

This. I'm past 30 and have been playing more than ever taking it easy with a part time job. OP is a faggot for "growing" out of beloved hobbies. I could never see myself stopping either /v/ or /a/.

Attached: Major_in_chair_slightly_cropped.jpg (1416x1080, 199K)

>Snap out of consumerism, profit off consumers
Become a scammer. Lets beat Russia and Nigeria at their own game.

>I'm a laid back and mature adult
on Jow Forums? right

Neither of those things are real hobbies. It disappoints me to see what was once a great source of pride for people to accomplish things in their spare time, now replaced with consumerism.

I haven't grown out of them.... I'm just too busy to ever get a chance to play any. I sat down and played PUBG for the first time in almost 2 years last night and I realised that not only was this my first time playing that game in 2 years, it was the first time I played a shooter in that time, and was the first I had played vidya in 4 or 5 months.

I don't think anyone really grows out of doing the fun things they want to do, they're just forced to as time goes on and they get more responsibilities put on them. I really do long for the days that I had the time to sit and just play vidya all day, totally carefree and immersed in a different world. Now I can't even sit and play more than one round of PUBG without getting stressed that stuff needs to get done, and that I'm being lazy. Fuck man, I just hate that games are such an after thought in my life now, when they used to make me so happy... Now I just get anxious that I'm fucking up my life.

Attached: Michelangelo's_David_-_Floyd-Steinberg.png (180x215, 4K)

>says the jav watching waifufagging degenerate

What's the difference between solving crossword puzzles and playing videogames? What's the difference between reading Science Fiction and watching anime? If one can be considered a hobby, then the other can as well. Not every hobby is wood working or model building or something. Hell, if stamp collecting can be a hobby, then so can figure collecting. So stick your hot takes up your ass.

did this too but only because my pc/phone can't run games

I don't know what your point is, all of those examples you gave are also terrible hobbies. Wood working is the only one I would suggest because that actually has a practical purpose.

Then you're wrong.

Attached: hobby def.png (626x225, 11K)

I stopped playing 2d games in 2017, other than the occasional civ/openttd I exclusively play roomscale vr games now.

Boomers had a million ways to make money but instead they chose to passively watch tv and drink beer all day instead.

And on and on and on, every generation is the same

Not true, you work 9 to 5 then have the rest of your time to yourself, at least 5-6 hours is yours everyday, and on weekends you can play all day you want

>takes more than a month to ship from china
>customer starts dispute after 2 weeks

I don't need to be right, I'm not the one pissing away valuable time. My personal hobby is doing charity work. Sitting around consuming media and rotting my brain is probably the least pleasurable thing I could think of.

16, I only make mods and textures now

>charity work
Found the soulless NPC

Fucking get

This is the truth, unless youre an epic wage slave working 60 hour weeks or spend all of your free time with a gf/friends, theres lots of time for any hobby let alone vidya

>My personal hobby is doing charity work
sure it is rofl

How many homeless have you guys fed, clothed, and given shelter this week? Virtual people in a video game don't count.

uh huh, wow what a selfless martyr you are

No, I just know what happens to society when nobody helps anyone else in need and instead retreats into hedonistic pleasures

>having hobbies that literally leech off people's happiness by helping them
Do you feel good about yourself for being a good kind person? Cause that looks to be your hobby

So you value giving back to society over playing games or whatever. Sure, very noble, how nice. That doesn't let you redefine the word "hobby". My other point was also that your comment
>what was once a great source of pride for people to accomplish things in their spare time, now replaced with consumerism
is wrong because the hobbies I mentioned earlier (reading SF, stamp collecting, puzzle-solving, even figure collecting) are not new and new hobbies are just modern takes on older ones (videogames are essentially electronic puzzles) so your "source of great pride" has not just recently been replaced with consumerism. There are different things to take pride in, too. Being deeply knowledgeable about a subject is something people can be proud of, and solving a particularly tricky puzzle is an achievement as well. Most of us have real jobs where we give back to society in some way (even if its not obvious, but even working at a gas station allows you to make someone else's day easier as they go about their day) and hobbies are for personal time to unwind and relax. If your form of relaxing is helping the homeless, good for you, but that doesn't make you better than anyone else.

Happiness is not zero-sum.